Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
While you may not. Many will

Buyers who hate gm won't cross shop the Vette.
Buyers who love mustangs won't cross shop the Vette.
Buyers who are Shelby fanatics won't cross shop the Vette.
Buyers who want both will buy both.
The gt500 is still going to sell out and most will go over MSRP.

Look at other forums. Talk to dealers. The number of people in real life who cross shop these cars is small.
You have to look at GT500 sales like a box of multi-flavor box of doughnuts at work. No matter if no one eats the ones that no body wants, sooner or later they are all gone by someone who is willing to eat it.
Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You have to look at GT500 sales like a box of multi-flavor box of doughnuts at work. No matter if no one eats the ones that no body wants, sooner or later they are all gone by someone who is willing to eat it.
I don't think most people are saying that the GT500s won't sell, I think it's more a matter of price, especially ADM. I know that some people won't cross shop the Corvette and the GT500, but if someone is looking at performance cars, they often compare similarly priced vehicles, and the C8 seems to offer a lot at a similar or, with ADM, lower price. That may reduce sales at inflated ADM pricing.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
No they all have sync. The higher optioned cars just have sync 3 or whatever it is with the full infotainment system.

upload_2019-7-25_10-2-49.png
Ya that's what I meant. I haven't been in a car with that setup

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Also you do realize Team Mustang's original plan was to use aluminum for a large portion of the 2015 Mustang's structure and unibody? The bean counter shut that down to save on cost and increase margins. Dave Pericak was pissed. Like...he threw something across the room pissed. And that's not a joke. And when the Mustang ended up being 80 - 100lbs heavier than original targets, guess what he did? Yep, threw something again. There are many cars out there that use extensive amounts of aluminum for structural pieces and pass DOT safety all the time with good ratings.
I don't have an opinion on aluminum vs steel but there is articles such as this one :

https://jalopnik.com/heres-how-a-corvette-was-totaled-because-of-one-inch-of-1806727930

"Here's How A Corvette Was Totaled Because Of One Inch Of Damage

2017 Corvette Grand Sport

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
No they all have sync. The higher optioned cars just have sync 3 or whatever it is with the full infotainment system.

Is that an S197? It doesn't look like an S550 to me.

Or a photoshop?

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Is that an S197? It doesn't look like an S550 to me.

Or a photoshop?
I don't think it is either. Someone is pulling a fast one.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst

Cant believe Ford has the balls to release a car over 50k with a screen that size. Lol, as a previous mustang owner, it seems they always have to cut corners.
Anyone else NOT surprised the GT500 doesnt have carbon rotors? 100k car loaded GT500 doesnt come with carbon rotors. That would've dropped the heavy weight by a good 50lbs or so. the stock rotors on the GT500 are massive.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Cant believe Ford has the balls to release a car over 50k with a screen that size. Lol, as a previous mustang owner, it seems they always have to cut corners.
It doesn't bother me a ton, not in that car anyway. Now if that were my truck, we'd have a problem.

Anyone else NOT surprised the GT500 doesnt have carbon rotors?
Not in the least bit.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Everyone keeps saying "Meh! Looks like a Lambo! Meh! Looks like a 458! Meh looks like a *insert ME supercar here!*"

THAT'S A BAD THING?!?!??!?!?!??!

You guys are incomprehensible.

The 2018/19 Mustang base and GT looks like a feeding whale for chrissake.
Being a knock off doesn't mean it is automatically bad unless you assume the NSX is bad. I simply said it looks like "TO ME" a knock off "LOOK" compared to the NSX.

And the 2018/19 Mustang looks like a 15-17 with down syndrome again that is just MY opinion.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Why is that bad? I mean I don't think that it coppies the NSX at all, but regardless is that a bad thing even if it did?
Notice I didn't say cheap knock off although it is cheaper than the NSX. I said knock off which to me looks similar in looks not necessary in performance. No it is not a bad thing and I am not hating on it. I guess I should start using the word similar unless people take it out of context.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Anyone else NOT surprised the GT500 doesnt have carbon rotors? 100k car loaded GT500 doesnt come with carbon rotors. That would've dropped the heavy weight by a good 50lbs or so. the stock rotors on the GT500 are massive.
Carbon rotors seems like a bad idea to me. People have enough heartburn over using the carbon fiber rims - and rims typically aren't a wear item.
Sponsored