New York Vanity plates arrived

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Things like this seem to take forever. I had the plate on reserve months before the Bullitt arrived and my inquiry as to why can’t this be my initial license plate got the typical bureaucratic response: you have to order regular plates first before you can request personalized plate. So, two plates got used for about a month and then mothballed forever. I guess it helps keep the prisoners busy making plates. What a waste of time and resources which only perpetuates the oxymoron about “efficient governments”.
F2AA53D2-2FBF-4C88-9053-9CF30D353710.jpeg
6604D8D1-D2B6-4CB0-BAB5-4C02CA6C6C87.jpeg
”.

Many of my friends don’t put plates on the front of their special cars, but the risk of getting fined looms large in this vampire state which is in constant need of fresh blood, excuse me I mean revenue. So I have reluctantly bit the bullet as they say. Does that qualify as a pun? The second picture shows a laminated photo that I may use at car gatherings and hope I remember to remove it before I drive off. Happy motoring... Bruce

P.S. For those unaware, I am age 77 thus the “LAST TOY” moniker. I bought the ‘65 GTO new upon graduating from college.
Sponsored

Last edited:

machmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015Mustang GT
Things like this seem to take forever. I had the plate on reserve months before the Bullitt arrived and my inquiry as to why can’t this be my initial license plate got the typical bureaucratic response: you have to order regular plates first before you can request personalized plate. So, two plates got used for about a month and then mothballed forever. I guess it helps keep the prisoners busy making plates. What a waste of time and resources which only perpetuates the oxymoron about “efficient governments”.
F2AA53D2-2FBF-4C88-9053-9CF30D353710.jpeg
6604D8D1-D2B6-4CB0-BAB5-4C02CA6C6C87.jpeg
”.

Many of my friends don’t put plates on the front of their special cars, but the risk of getting fined looms large in this vampire state which is in constant need of fresh blood, excuse me I mean revenue. So I have reluctantly bit the bullet as they say. Does that qualifies as a pun? The second picture shows a laminated photo that I may use at car gatherings and hope I remember to remove it before I drive off.
Happy motoring... Bruce

P.S. For those unaware, I am age 77 thus the “LAST TOY” moniker. I bought the ‘65 GTO new upon graduating from college.
Looks good how did you mount the front plate?

OP
OP
OldPhart

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Looks good how did you mount the front plate?
Hi Mike - Van Bortel installed the bracket that came with the car and probably is only included for states that require two plates. I was given the frame which is apparently from a previous Bullitt model as it had GT carved on the side edges and I covered those with the fake bullet hole decals. Got a whole sheet of them and have no plans for the rest of them if you’re interested.

Last edited:

machmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015Mustang GT
Hi Mike - Van Bortel installed the bracket that came with the car and probably is only included for states that require two plates. I was given the frame which is apparently from a previous Bullitt model as it had GT carved on the side edges and I covered those with the fake bullet decals. Got a whole sheet of them and have no plans for the rest of them if you’re interested.
I used Craig’s removable plate holder on mine it attaches with super strong Velcro so I didn’t install the ford plate holder and drill into the bumper
Sponsored