Sponsored

Engine Check Light - P0420 - help, please...

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
P0420 - Powertrain - Generic - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1

So if I remember correctly, because an after market down pipe is less restrictive, a tune is required to not throw an error (dtc)

This is New York and we need to get an inspection once a year.

I Thought to pass inspection, we need to remove any custom tunes; disconnect any tuners; let the computers go back into ready state and then get inspected

Is this not the case?

Should I leave the tune in, but just disconnect the tuner (live wire ts+) and wait until the computers go back into ready state?
Sponsored

OP
OP

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
Who is your tuner? they can tune it out generally, some chose not too though.

Your other choice is to use an O2 fouler which tricks it into thinking your cats are working normally
Torrie at unleashed did it last time.

The tune has been fine and he account for the downpipe - my question i guess is - i should leave the custom tune on the car, obviously, to fix the o2 sensor - and just disconnect the tuner and let the sensors / computers reset, right ?

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Torrie at unleashed did it last time.

The tune has been fine and he account for the downpipe - my question i guess is - i should leave the custom tune on the car, obviously, to fix the o2 sensor - and just disconnect the tuner and let the sensors / computers reset, right ?
My tuning house took care of this after my custom tune threw this code a few times. No additional charge, took about 15 minutes, no recurrence.
Sponsored