Best U.S. President of All Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliteGeeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I didn't say "no taxes". I said that income tax is wrong and it should be abolished. I also said that if we had true "extreme right" government officials in office, they would try to get rid of income tax. You quoted me, but you don't seem to have understood anything I said. Not sure why as it seems simple enough to me.

Sales taxes are great in my opinion. They are very fair as you don't have to pay them if you don't buy something. And people who buy a lot of stuff will pay the most.

Income tax isn't the only option. It's just an option that we have right now that allows many, many people to take cash income and cheat. It also creates a very complex system, politics of envy, etc, etc. The government shouldn't even know how much money people make. It's none of their business.

Far left vs. extreme right being the same - you couldn't be more wrong. But since it's patently obvious that they are different I won't go into it more than just saying you are wrong.

well, I guess we can both agree, that we disagree with each other...... lol

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Or if he spent more time working instead of setting record time golfing.
Gee, as far as getting things done, even Ronald Reagan pales by comparison.

Are you sure a lefty like you really wants him to work harder?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Gee, as far as getting things done, even Ronald Reagan pales by comparison.

Are you sure a lefty like you really wants him to work harder?
I wasn't aware calling a lazy worker lazy was somehow being on the left. He hasn't gotten anything done really. Nothing that has improved wasn't already on an upward trend since before he took office. When he accomplishes something himself, not simply takes credit it, I'll give him credit. I voted for the man. And I currently regret it as I've seen 0 improvement in any way that has any impact on me. All I've seen is my yearly tax refund, and 401k go lower.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Don't look at your yearly tax refund, look at what you actually paid in taxes year to year. I personally do not want a tax refund, I want my money when I get paid. Why let the government use it all year for no interest?

Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Roosevelt inherited a giant effin mess at the end of the depression and his cabinet came up with some great programs to right the wrongs of Hoover for sure. He started so many programs to reform the economy and the country.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
Roosevelt? The great depression dude?

I would say Clinton was the best democrat, if that oxymoron works for anyone. Because he basically governed by polls and was willing to make compromises with the conservative legislature. All the Democrat presidents that governed as rigid ideologues messed up the country big time. Roosevelt was one of the worst IMO. The great depression would have been a minor recession if we would have had a republican in office at the time.

Umm Roosevelt (Democrat) pulled the country out of the Great Depression and Hoover (Republican) was the president during the bulk of the Great Depression (1928-1932) and when the Wall Street crash (Black Tuesday in October of 1929).

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I wasn't aware calling a lazy worker lazy was somehow being on the left. He hasn't gotten anything done really. Nothing that has improved wasn't already on an upward trend since before he took office. When he accomplishes something himself, not simply takes credit it, I'll give him credit. I voted for the man. And I currently regret it as I've seen 0 improvement in any way that has any impact on me. All I've seen is my yearly tax refund, and 401k go lower.
Sure you voted for him.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Sure you voted for him.
Your option about me or what you want to believe means near nothing to me as your first reply was to try to throw around political sides as if they are insults. When you're ready to have an adult conversation feel free to reply to me then. Voting for someone does NOT mean you have to blindly follow them or trust them and ignore the double speak. If you want that find religion.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Don't look at your yearly tax refund, look at what you actually paid in taxes year to year. I personally do not want a tax refund, I want my money when I get paid. Why let the government use it all year for no interest?
I just read an article (quoted below) about some meme (or whatever) where some asshat "journalist" named matt yglesias was so proud of the job he and his fellow asshats did convincing the rubes that they didn't get a tax cut:

"As tax day approaches, the vast majority of Americans are paying less this year in taxes than last year. But media reporting has been skewed to make Americans think this isn’t the case. Enter Vox’s Matt Yglesias, who is celebrating the false narrative pushed by leftists and parroted by the media.

"'Nobody likes to give themselves credit for this kind of messaging success, but progressive groups did a really good job of convincing people that Trump raised their taxes when the facts say a clear majority got a tax cut. - @mattyglesias'"

"While Yglesias came up in the progressive press, he now works for an organization that considers itself a mainstream news source. Vox receives funding from industry giants like Comcast, which owns NBC News.

"I don’t have to tell you that the mainstream media echoed leftist organizations' talking points to make Americans think their taxes were going up under the Trump tax cuts. Yglesias admitted it to you in a tweet."

Honestly, something should befall people this blatantly evil.

Sponsored

Tony T

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
What has president Trump really accomplished? What has has he managed to get passed through Congress?

He just Tweets a lot, plays golf a lot (And during his election campaign Pep Rallies, he chided former President Obama for playing too much golf), and lies!

He gets his agenda from Faux News and so does his supporters..

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Your option about me or what you want to believe means near nothing to me as your first reply was to try to throw around political sides as if they are insults. When you're ready to have an adult conversation feel free to reply to me then. Voting for someone does NOT mean you have to blindly follow them or trust them and ignore the double speak. If you want that find religion.
As I said before, I don't waste my time on leftists who claim to have voted for President Trump to sow the notion that we who actually DID vote for him are abandoning him. I am proud to be an "Always-Trumper" and am THRILLED I may get a chance to vote for him again. He has tied you guys up in Gordian knots.

Your anti-religion bleat is another giveaway.

By the way, not a great day for the left in Congress today: AG Barr is coming for the REAL traitors, and maxine "moron" waters had a really, really bad day with the bankers on the student loan issue. It was a true "Hank Johnson" moment.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
What has president Trump really accomplished? What has has he managed to get passed through Congress?

He just Tweets a lot, plays golf a lot (And during his election campaign Pep Rallies, he chided former President Obama for playing too much golf), and lies!

He gets his agenda from Faux News and so does his supporters..
Ooooooh! "Left-Aid".

Does it still taste like barack's undies?

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Umm Roosevelt (Democrat) pulled the country out of the Great Depression and Hoover (Republican) was the president during the bulk of the Great Depression (1928-1932) and when the Wall Street crash (Black Tuesday in October of 1929).
Every single thing Frankie did PROLONGED the depression.

You could look it up.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Roosevelt inherited a giant effin mess at the end of the depression and his cabinet came up with some great programs to right the wrongs of Hoover for sure. He started so many programs to reform the economy and the country.
You seriously need to study history.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.