Sponsored

Driveways

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
What everyone else has said is true. I have not scraped on speed bumps yet and I take them head on but maybe I was just too ballsy to find out... and everyone else just avoids them. Like everyone else said, you just got to get a feel of what slopes and driveways to avoid. My parents home... forgeeeeeet about it. Can't get that up so I just park it on the side when visiting. You'll learn to avoid the gas station entrance on the left side and to enter the gas station from the other intersection instead cause it will be safer to enter.
Sponsored

DIB2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 H.E GT350; 1968 Ford Bronco Sport
I use the sto and sho bracket for my license plate mounted underneath the splitter. It takes all the scraping and protects the splitter.

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
I take entrances and exits slowly and sometimes the exact route I take is a choice of avoiding bad curb entrances and angle changes. Hitting moderate entrances at an angle is definitely the ticket. But yeah, you are going to drag or bump it on the bottom now and then. I put some of those hard plastic round, self-adhesive furniture slider under mine at several points and they take the brunt of bumps usually. I buy them down at Lowes. Occasionally I'll lose the plastic shell on one but it's easy to push the self adhesive rubber foam off with a plastic scraper and stick another one on in it's place.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
it's pretty durable too. It's not like we're barreling on into curbs. I don't worry about it.
This. I scraped mine almost every time exiting the NJ driveway. There is one spot at just the right angle that it won't scrape at all. And one time I was backing out of a parking spot and hit the splitter so hard I was convinced it was partially ripped off. I was so sick about it I didn't even look for a minute. When I finally did, it was fine. Couldn't believe it!

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes

Sponsored

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350
I have a steep driveway/street transition as well as 7 different speed humps to negotiate just getting out of my neighborhood. I keep 40 PSI in all 4 tires and never scrape, knock on wood.

Kachuka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Miramar, Point Mugu, Oceana.
Long Career then...I knew many of ya'll. The car will scrape. I do it Every single time I go down my driveway. You will get used to slowing down for certain speed bumps. In the end it scrapes below the visible area of the splitter. Not much to worry about.

A-6 Intruders...Whidbey and Oceana.

OP
OP
TomcatDriver

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Well, I bought it. And as expected it scrapes going in/out of my driveway, even at an extreme angle. I had some random bits of wood laying around in the side yard and cobbled together a makeshift ramp. I ordered some Pyle rubber ramps. Any experience or other suggestions?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075RPKVV7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Practice. I come in at an angle and then crank the wheels to head up the drive. It’s tricky. Works 50% of the time. Make sure your tires are aired up. Got mine at 35 lbs. Probably try a little more.

Sponsored

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I had a metal shop build custom ramps (cost me about $500) to place in my curb. They extend perfectly and they left bottom area for water to pass. I guess someone could steal them, but so far so good in 2 years, helps to live off grid. Best pic of them I could find of them attached.
Ramps.JPG

eppd00

eppd00
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
My partial solution to the splitter scraping problem was changing the summer only tires to a taller, slightly narrower 275-40 ZR-19 Michelin AS3 . This was a big help,plus being able to drive the car all year if needed. I am also looking at a lowering spring for the rear, to change the angle of approach into driveways etc. I was looking at R model rear springs, which depending on who you are talking to, would drop the rear .3" to no change at all. The second option was a BMR SPH 767 rear spring @.5". According to Kelly at BMR this would be compatible with the stock front spring(also suggested a larger front sway bar). My last choice would be the Ford Perf. M- 5300-W rear spring @ approx.75". This was more than I wanted to go, plus no one could advise how they would react with the stock 350 front spring. Keep in mind this is a street car and will not see any track time. At any rate, I'm going to give the BMR spring a try.
I also have the ZL1 addons splitter protectors. They work well.

Ron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
That's why i bought my Bullitt so I didn't have to worry about breaking anything on the GT350.
Damn, I love the way you think. "Yeah, I bought a Bullitt as my beater so I don't mess up the GT350. And the minute they salt the roads in Wisconsin, I put away the GT350 & bring out my POS Bullitt." Yer my new hero. :clap:

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
I actually got the ZL1 splitter guard set but haven't used them yet. Hoping to sell them as I am using this DIY alternative: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MAGS89...olid=2Z3NBAPS2PT6H&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I got my set at Walmart, and next time, I might use the 3/4" size instead of the 1".

Believe it or not, it actually works. I did paint them black though.
I use those also after painting them black. Occasionally the plastic cup will hit catch on one and rip off but the remaining felt pad is still about 1/4 thick, stiff and still works until I take a plastic trim tool and push it off and stick another one on in it's place.
Sponsored