Sponsored

Miles When Picked Up From Dealer

nockiefla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT-350
Just wondering how many miles were on your cars when you picked it up from the dealer?
I am looking at one now and it has 21 miles on it. I am wondering how those 21 miles were driven?
I am sure you all know what I am talking about.
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
After my test drive and for signing, mine was at 11.3 miles. If the dealer lets people pick which car for the test drive, I'd expect at least 3-4 test drives of 2-5 miles each. I want to say mine was about 6 miles.

Venom52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500 CFTP, 23 Durango SRT 392
5 miles was on mine when i took delivery and 3 of that was my test drive.

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Warning: The following comments are filled with sarcasm. Some readers may be offended.....btw way this is sarcasm as well. :crackup:

Let's think about this for a minute. How would or do I test drive a muscle car I am thinking about spending 40K plus on? How would or do I test drive a muscle car I am going to spend less than 25K on? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

...I gently push in on the clutch and start the vehicle. I let is sit and warm up for 5-10 minutes, I ease it into gear and ease out on the clutch making sure not to "burn" it. The sales rep and I then putt down the street at 20 mph like we're in a hospital zone marveling at the torque it produces. At the half mile mark we turn around cautiously and return making sure to not scuff the tits off the tires and to put only as few miles on the car as possible. WE sit and listen intently to the exhaust note before shutting the car off making sure not to over rev the engine....or even dare rev it at all. We go back inside and he asks me what I think of the veritable beast, and I reply. "WOW! That thing really flies! I was barely able to maintain control of it! I'll take it!!!! Do you accept cash?" :angel::angel::angel: Here endeth the sarcasm.

Now on a more serious and realistic note... I drive it like it was built to be driven. If I'm going to buy a muscle car I want to make sure I am getting my money worth. I'm not going to beat the crap out of it, but I am going to hammer it a bit after making sure its okay with the sales guy. If he says no, you can bet I am going to take my business elsewhere. After all I'm not test driving a luxury sedan or a hybrid.

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Mine had 3 before test drive dealer said they had to take it out of transport mode,stayed in showroom till I bought it.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Mine was delivered with 4.1 miles on it, and there was no test drive (R model pre-ordered).

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Pic taken just after it rolled off the truck at the dealership.

unnamed%206_zpsxhcanr6z.jpg

Sponsored

1814GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1971 GMC - 1988 GT - 1989 GT Pro Street - 1991 Vert - 1986 Coupe - 1987 Saleen 47
15 after the test drive.

LAPTIMZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Mine had 21 miles as well. I bought mine from Oklahoma (I'm in Cali) and when I inquired about it the dealer told me the shipping yard was roughly 15 miles away. Was it a lie? possibly. But I refuse to lose sleep over 21 miles...if this is a snapshot of the problems in your life, count yourself lucky.
Sponsored