Sponsored

Do I full send...or kind of send? Some thoughts..

OP
OP

diegoaccord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Lancer Evolution X, 325i E46
The same amount of time it took for me to realize you should be driving a Porsche that screams to 9k rpm, not a Mustang.
That comes with a PDK. And priced as such that I'll drive it never. I think I'm good.

Sorry bro, you've been duped....

The OP purposely is trolling this community with his slang. Nobody here really believe his intentions for his build, as the OP has contradicted himself in several ways. Not only that, you don't use those terms in that way... send and full send are about launching things. (ie: off ramps, down a hill, down the strip, etc..). It doesn't relate to a car build, etc.

That is why we are chiding with him, because he is "tryharding" too much....
Actually, just because you are out of touch, means nothing. Like he said, it's pretty to understand, and see exactly what was meant, you and the rest chose to focus on the wording. Someone literally was mad because it sounded 'too internet'. I mean sorry, like I said, I don't hang with the old guys, and any meet or hang or otherwise I go to people will be 'SENDING IT'.

Secondly, I have even stated concisely why this or that is off the table.

So, if I were to replace 'full send' with 'max effort' is that still 'too internet'?

And anyway, I think, especially with the Mustang being dead, I might as well go all the way, I wouldn't come back to a chassis anyway under most circumstances, but the Mustang will be that 4 door hybrid thing, so this is literally the last dance. On to find my CJ, then on black Friday or Cyber Monday, we'll see if there are cam deals. Any odds and ends will be picked up in between. Kind of sucks, cams hold me up, as I want to have cams, suspension, headers installed at once, but smarter to wait on possible deals.
Sponsored

Dory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am very new to car stuff, but even after just 1.5 years of research 8K would be at the very bottom of my wishlist.

I can comment on the validity of the meme with some authority. I have visited /dankmemes/ for almost 5 years nearly daily where memes are used and abused to the point of death and this “sending” stuff has never been mentioned once.

Notice the search interest chart I have attached for the meme. Notice that numbers on the side. Those are not thousands or even hundreds of searches. Those are the actual number and they are weak. How are you going to achieve 8000 rpm and this meme can’t even get 8000 hits?
6D51C658-953C-4FE1-B64D-1D413F01B2BA.jpeg

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
People who dont race. Dont get the slang.
C'mon. Everybody gets it whether they race or not because it has been used in every single facebook post by anyone that has anything to do with the cars and wanted to sound cool. It has been 1000x overused, that's why it sounds so lame in the first post. And the use of it had nothing to do with the racing slang, so by your definition OP completely doesn't get it...
Instead of talking about build - he calls it "send" and sounds like all these people he accuses others of being. Lame. That's why so many people have a little bit of heartbreak with it.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
C'mon. Everybody gets it whether they race or not because it has been used in every single facebook post by anyone that has anything to do with the cars and wanted to sound cool. It has been 1000x overused, that's why it sounds so lame in the first post. And the use of it had nothing to do with the racing slang, so by your definition OP completely doesn't get it...
Instead of talking about build - he calls it "send" and sounds like all these people he accuses others of being. Lame. That's why so many people have a little bit of heartbreak with it.
Again. The kid was trying to sound cool. Then other guys were trying to sound cool. By ragging on the kid. Nobody sounds cool. And the mods should shut this shit down because its run it course. None of the keyboard warriors would have the balls to say shit. If they were face to face. But on here the nonsense never ends.

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Again. The kid was trying to sound cool. Then other guys were trying to sound cool. By ragging on the kid. Nobody sounds cool. And the mods should shut this shit down because its run it course. None of the keyboard warriors would have the balls to say shit. If they were face to face. But on here the nonsense never ends.
fite me

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
C'mon. Everybody gets it whether they race or not because it has been used in every single facebook post by anyone that has anything to do with the cars and wanted to sound cool.
If its usage is limited to FB posts, I'm never, ever going to see it.

There was a time when "3/4 race cam" was part of the cool slang . . . and it wasn't really any more descriptive than "send". Then again, maybe I should suggest that diego get a "full race cam" . . .

Norm

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
That comes with a PDK. And priced as such that I'll drive it never. I think I'm good.

Actually, just because you are out of touch, means nothing. Like he said, it's pretty to understand, and see exactly what was meant, you and the rest chose to focus on the wording. Someone literally was mad because it sounded 'too internet'. I mean sorry, like I said, I don't hang with the old guys, and any meet or hang or otherwise I go to people will be 'SENDING IT'.

Secondly, I have even stated concisely why this or that is off the table.

So, if I were to replace 'full send' with 'max effort' is that still 'too internet'?

And anyway, I think, especially with the Mustang being dead, I might as well go all the way, I wouldn't come back to a chassis anyway under most circumstances, but the Mustang will be that 4 door hybrid thing, so this is literally the last dance. On to find my CJ, then on black Friday or Cyber Monday, we'll see if there are cam deals. Any odds and ends will be picked up in between. Kind of sucks, cams hold me up, as I want to have cams, suspension, headers installed at once, but smarter to wait on possible deals.

You mistake is pretending to be trendy and assuming people are dumb. (Fahugamagaus..!)

Don't play the victim, nobody is mad at you kid, this is the internet and we are laughing at you for tryharding, & acting like M6G is social media app. As such, trendy high schoolers learning about pre-internet terminology and using it to sound kewl doesn't go to far with people who were sending it flying before there was cell phones.

Building a car is not sending... buying is not sending... max effort is not sending...

Sending it... is not about effort, but instead about NOT CARING WHAT HAPPENS to your machinery (or yourself), on said run.
(Blown engine... don't care! Having your snowmobile go threw the lake.... don't care!)

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
That said^....

I hope you find the build that best fits you and best wishes on your endeavours. I still think you should go drive a GT350 and make your whole life a lot easier...

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
what ever norm. Are you one of the guys with your panties in a buncn? Because you never heard the terminology before. That's a yes or no question. Buy the way.
It wasn't the terminology that got people's panties in a bunch, it was the immediate salty attitude that maybe, some people had never heard the terminology before. The OP could have answered back simply clarifying his intent, but instead came back with comments about age and jorts. I assume he assumes anyone over 30 is old, incompetent and not to be trusted. I seem to remember an entire generation like that. They're all over 30 now.

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Ok lets do that. Are you trying to say you or anyone else didnt understand. What the kid ment? Even after he said. Send and kinda send. And those words were broken down into sections with an accompanying parts list? Because I understood exactly what he ment. And offered an opionion about the parts mentioned. How dumb do you have to be to not understand. When THE WORDS. each come with their own parts list?
The kid stated his goals in the first paragraph. Why he wants his car built that way is his business. Further more. He asked for opinions on the build. He didn't ask for an english lesson.
What the heck....dude......are you the OP's mother? Wow, normally I stay out of the slums, but you just need to dial it back. I am amazed this thread lasted 6 pages. OP, not sure exactly what you were looking for here. It is your car drive it or not and if it blows up you can do what the guy in the other thread did, make an apology video and rebuild your engine. Not sure what all the fuss it about.

OP
OP

diegoaccord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Lancer Evolution X, 325i E46
If you look up the OP he is a keen BMX boy with a few old, knackered cars.
His use of send is totally in order for that sort of community

I think he wants to have a high revving '15, and instead of mocking him we should have told him to send the car and see what happens.
Old knackered cars? I didn't know an S550 or Evo X was old and knackered. My E46 which IS old....is not 'knackered'. You detective you.

My daily will always be an old car. And if it happens to be a newer car, like I did briefly with the Stang I will buy an old one as soon as possible. LOL. Ding it all day baby! And I'll be a little less tempted to shoot you, than if you dinged the Stang or Evo. Let's see the heat gained from that statement.

You mistake is pretending to be trendy and assuming people are dumb. (Fahugamagaus..!)

Don't play the victim, nobody is mad at you kid, this is the internet and we are laughing at you for tryharding, & acting like M6G is social media app. As such, trendy high schoolers learning about pre-internet terminology and using it to sound kewl doesn't go to far with people who were sending it flying before there was cell phones.

Building a car is not sending... buying is not sending... max effort is not sending...

Sending it... is not about effort, but instead about NOT CARING WHAT HAPPENS to your machinery (or yourself), on said run.
(Blown engine... don't care! Having your snowmobile go threw the lake.... don't care!)
Now it's semantics, and you're calling ME a tryhard? LOL.

It's still going to be considered a full send build. Unless we need to get super technical, and say it needs pistons/rods as well.

And still, it's getting sent to 8500.

I still don't know why everyone's Depends are in a bunch. But then again, there's a reason I always drive right past Sunday car meets.

Well then, I'll be getting to what's important, finding a CJ within driving distance. I shall not respond further, I'll post further once I have SENT IT.

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
... there's a reason I always drive right past Sunday car meets.
If it's not the second day of a two-day road course HPDE event, I'm not at Sunday car meets either. Does that mean we actually have something in common other than Mustang ownership?

I still don't know why everyone's Depends are in a bunch.
You'll let us know when you've figured out that the visor on a baseball cap is for shading your eyes instead of an ear?

Norm

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Im not fighting anybody. But my money is on the young guy. Against the old guys talk8n smack.
What the heck....dude......are you the OP's mother? Wow, normally I stay out of the slums, but you just need to dial it back. I am amazed this thread lasted 6 pages. OP, not sure exactly what you were looking for here. It is your car drive it or not and if it blows up you can do what the guy in the other thread did, make an apology video and rebuild your engine. Not sure what all the fuss it about.
I dont have to do shit. Now what?
Sponsored