aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Hi guys,

Been looking into used kits for a while now and a decent deal sprung up around my neck of the woods.

For those that have purchased used blowers: any issues? What should I be on the lookout for?

Just trying to get a feel for the general consensus.
Sponsored

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I haven’t purchased a used blower but I would if I found a good deal on one. To me it would be important that they carefully packaged and labeled stuff when they disassembled it because you can waste a lot of time trying to figure out what you are missing and what goes where.

DTeal23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT
Bought my Procharger used. Go for it. Can download a PDF online for the instructions.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
As Hydro said just make sure every little bolt spacer bracket small parts are there. If possible get the packing list/manufacturer from manufacturer and confirm all the pieces are there. as far as used blower just check for impeller shaft play, and damaged impeller. If self contained blower take a peak at the oil for debri/cleanliness.

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt white diamond pearl six speed pp
bought my kits used from a forum member here great guy labeled all the bags according to location and gave me procharger intructions even went as far to help through text with install and the buddy of his that installed it even helped made life easy

Sponsored

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
I would purchase a used blower 100%, just make sure the head unit is in good shape and all the major components are there. I was lucky my kit was originally a phase 1 roush kit i paid 4500 for it brand new in the box off craigslist.

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
If the seller has documented the entire service life of the kit, and the photos show a well catalogued removal and packaging for shipment, maybe, otherwise NO.

OP
OP
aleccesarenriquez

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
If the seller has documented the entire service life of the kit, and the photos show a well catalogued removal and packaging for shipment, maybe, otherwise NO.
It would be local so I could go and confirm everything I need is there.

I would be more hesitant on buying non local as communication and availability becomes more difficult.

Also, he’s also selling a used sai li fuel system, anything I should be cautious of there?

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I bought a used Vortech HO kit for my '09 Bullitt on Ebay. I paid 1/2 the new price. During install, the previous owner emailed me throughout to help me get in installed correctly. It was a lot of work, but I would have had a harder time if the previous owner didn't help me through it. I put over 20K miles on it and it was perfect through out. I got an email tune from Brenspeed. Worked great and saved about 2800.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I got my Procharger used. Just be ready to source a few nuts, bolts, etc and you'll be fine.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
big thing is just checking to see how long since it's been ran, why are they selling, see if there is an inventory list you can pull up to check off against inlcluded parts.

we almost always build in a couple extra hours when installing used kits, parts are almost always missing, just be slighlty prepared for that

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I don't like buying used stuff in general, but two friends of mine have bought used Procharger kits that have held up great and cost half what my kit did.

huntiez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt white diamond pearl six speed pp
speak of the devil ahl395 was a big help on my install

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
It would be local so I could go and confirm everything I need is there.

I would be more hesitant on buying non local as communication and availability becomes more difficult.

Also, he’s also selling a used sai li fuel system, anything I should be cautious of there?

If it’s local, that simplifies things a lot, for obvious reasons. Trust your gut. If it seems like a good deal, go for it man.

I have a Fore system; can’t speak about the Sai kits.

Happy shopping brutha

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
If it looks beat to hell, then no way. If it’s clean packed well and everything looks to be there, go for it. Plan on changing the blower oil reguadless of age/miles etc and you should be gtg. I would use the money you saved on the blower to spring on a fore twin return fuel system from Terry@Beefcake. Black Friday specials are coming lol
Sponsored