Bullitt horn terrible......

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Is it just the Bullitt or are all Mustang horns this bad..... I can't use it, it's so embarrassing.

So looking for suggestions on a replacement. The horn on my Escape is descent, so Ford do have descent horns.... May see if the dealer can swap it out for the Escape horn...My VW horn is best, but likely won't work.....
Sponsored

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
A horn is a horn. If it runs off 12v, it will work on the mustang. Swap over a VW horn if it's important.

Edit: my horn sounds like any other american horn. I doubt the Bullitt has a different horn, that would be a production nightmare.

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg TDI, Lincoln MKZ, F-350 TD
I agree 100% Brett. Sure can't for the life of me figure out who at Ford would have spec'd such a horn, and hope they aren't making any future decisions.

Funny though, the horn that I've got in my garage that I was thinking of installing on the Bullitt is a Fiamm that I got to install on my VW Touareg because I felt its horn was too wimpy. ;-)

Soton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Haha, I just recently realized how "light" this horn was. Somebody almost t-boned me so I slammed on the horn and flipped them off. I'm pretty sure they could hear me screaming "you stupid fcuk" louder than whatever sound dribbled out the front of the Bullitt. Sometimes I just hit it when driving around because it's so comically weak and doesn't get anyone's attention more than the exhaust already does.

Last edited:

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
So Ford actually made the horn different on the Bullitt?!? Can anyone snap a video for us? I'm very curious now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BrettT

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I agree 100% Brett. Sure can't for the life of me figure out who at Ford would have spec'd such a horn, and hope they aren't making any future decisions.

Funny though, the horn that I've got in my garage that I was thinking of installing on the Bullitt is a Fiamm that I got to install on my VW Touareg because I felt its horn was too wimpy. ;-)
That's funny. My '06 Jetta has a fantastic "German" horn.... Best horn in any car ever.....LOUD and perfect tone...

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
IIRC, the horn is a dual tone horn, so perhaps one of the horns went bad? I remember that on my mom's old Expedition, one horn (the deep one) burned out, so that all you got was an annoying high pitched horn. The dealer replaced it under warranty.

JR

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
I put Mazda RX-8 horns (dual tone) on all my cars. They’re excellent.

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
You can tune the horns. There's a screw on both of them that allows you to adjust the tone and volume.

OP
OP
BrettT

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
IIRC, the horn is a dual tone horn, so perhaps one of the horns went bad? I remember that on my mom's old Expedition, one horn (the deep one) burned out, so that all you got was an annoying high pitched horn. The dealer replaced it under warranty.

JR
It does sound like it's missing half the horn, i.e. only hearing one tone and not the other... Will probably just take it into the dealer to have a look at it....and make sure there is no fault with it....

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I believe this was a change made either for the 2019 model year. My past 3 S550 Mustangs (one 2015 and two 2016s) all had much louder horns. It's not just a Bullitt thing. When I picked up my car at the dealership he said his regular 2019s had it too and he wasn't sure why. It doesn't really bother me, thankfully I hardly ever use mine.

OP
OP
BrettT

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I believe this was a change made either for the 2019 model year. My past 3 S550 Mustangs (one 2015 and two 2016s) all had much louder horns. It's not just a Bullitt thing. When I picked up my car at the dealership he said his regular 2019s had it too and he wasn't sure why. It doesn't really bother me, thankfully I hardly ever use mine.
Matt, if you lived where I live, you would use it a lot more LOL. Terrible drivers.....and all driving BMW's, Merc"s, Lexus', Audi's. Those are the poor ones...……

Luxury car capital of North America (Yep, that's right, more Luxury cars ($150K+) that anywhere else in NA)… and none of them can drive.....

Good horn is very important...

OP
OP
BrettT

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
You can always swap them for Hella Supertones like the Subaru guys love doing. Those things are so loud they could cause an accident on their own. Certainly would get someones attention though!
Sponsored