Sponsored

2018 Active Exhaust Components

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Hey guys,

Looking to grab a pair of actuators, and the pigtail harnesses that come off of each to the main harness on the car. I have a 2018 GT w/o active, but have a full active catback from someone that upgraded, so I just need the actuator motors, and the harness to get mine fitted, then programmed.

I know you can get the actuators as part of the muffler, but that's more than I need. I only need the motor. Are they available separately yet? Is it the same part as the GT350 active? And if so, is that actuator available?
Sponsored

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
The actuators on the 2018's are not available separately from the mufflers. I had heard someone was trying to retrofit the GT350 ones but I am not sure of the out come.

Let me know if you have any other questions,
Benny

OP
OP
FISHTAIL

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
What about the harness? Do you have the part number for the 350 actuators? My local dealer found the part for the standard ones even though they aren't available for purchase, I'm curious if they cross reference.

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
What about the harness? Do you have the part number for the 350 actuators? My local dealer found the part for the standard ones even though they aren't available for purchase, I'm curious if they cross reference.
The wiring appears to be serviced in 3 parts. L/R jumpers for each muffler then one main harness, Here are the numbers

JR3Z-14A411-H x2
JR3Z-14A411-J x1

The GT350 actuator number is FR3Z-5K245-A

Benny

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
The wiring appears to be serviced in 3 parts. L/R jumpers for each muffler then one main harness, Here are the numbers

JR3Z-14A411-H x2
JR3Z-14A411-J x1

The GT350 actuator number is FR3Z-5K245-A

Benny
Benny -
Do you have a price on the jumpers (JR3Z-14A411-H)? It's not showing on the website.

JR

Sponsored

OP
OP
FISHTAIL

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Awesome, thanks. Now I just have to find some actuators. The gt part number is: Jr3z-5k245-b, but showing backorder.

Not sure if that cross references with the gt350 part. It'd be nice if it did, or if they at least worked the same.

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
Awesome, thanks. Now I just have to find some actuators. The gt part number is: Jr3z-5k245-b, but showing backorder.

Not sure if that cross references with the gt350 part. It'd be nice if it did, or if they at least worked the same.

No problem thanks for the number. This comes up as a valve repair kit so it was intentionally created to service these valves, I have no idea what it includes and its not priced yet.

-Benny

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
OP
OP
FISHTAIL

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
No problem thanks for the number. This comes up as a valve repair kit so it was intentionally created to service these valves, I have no idea what it includes and its not priced yet.

-Benny
Figures.

Would you be able to tell me if I need all 3 of those harnesses or just two of them? I'm guessing I need all 3, which is fine, and unless we can say for sure I don't I'll probably order all 3 too just to be on the safe side. I have an 18GT 401a car, so I *should* have a blanked connector under the car already. Just need to go from there to the mufflers.

I'm out of town for work, but when I get back I'll be ordering those 3 things immediately to start.

Sponsored

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
Figures.

Would you be able to tell me if I need all 3 of those harnesses or just two of them? I'm guessing I need all 3, which is fine, and unless we can say for sure I don't I'll probably order all 3 too just to be on the safe side. I have an 18GT 401a car, so I *should* have a blanked connector under the car already. Just need to go from there to the mufflers.

I'm out of town for work, but when I get back I'll be ordering those 3 things immediately to start.
Assuming your adding this to a vehicle that never had it you'll need all 3. Is there another discussion your following in which this has been done already?

-Benny

OP
OP
FISHTAIL

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Assuming your adding this to a vehicle that never had it you'll need all 3. Is there another discussion your following in which this has been done already?

-Benny

Yes, though with a custom made harness. You were the first to find us the part number for the factory plugs. Apparently some 18gts are prewired, and just need these harnesses and the exhaust, plus an IDS update to add active. Jury is still out on which cars have it and which don't, but it appears to be a premium vs base GT thing at this point.

LevittownFordParts

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
S550's!
Yes, though with a custom made harness. You were the first to find us the part number for the factory plugs. Apparently some 18gts are prewired, and just need these harnesses and the exhaust, plus an IDS update to add active. Jury is still out on which cars have it and which don't, but it appears to be a premium vs base GT thing at this point.
Gotcha and thank you for the info. I assume you are planning to use aftermarket mufflers designed for 2018's with active exhaust?

-Benny

OP
OP
FISHTAIL

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
Gotcha and thank you for the info. I assume you are planning to use aftermarket mufflers designed for 2018's with active exhaust?

-Benny
Yes eventually, though I want to make sure it works before I spend that much. I have access to a set of take offs, but they are missing all the electronics. So if I can get the parts, then show it works, I'll be pretty happy.

SMUAlien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Is JR3Z-14A411-J the main harness that comes from the PCM for those of us with 18's that don't have the blank under the car? When I look up that number it says it's a "jumper" although slightly more expensive than the -H part.
So theoretically I should be able to buy the 3 harness's listed above, the muffler/pipe assembly's that have the actuators in them, use FORSCAN and I boom, I'm rockin active exhaust on my 2018 GT? If that's the case, it's pretty rad.
Sponsored