2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the inside glimpses. It's interesting that a company selling so many vehicles "can't afford" to develop multiple options. I would have never guessed. I work in engineering NPD and we develop multiple options on almost every project.
They do too, but very early on and never far enough that they could switch to something in a reactionary way to a competitor. Their early powertrain mules (called XM prototypes, min 2, often 3 years out) have the selection of what is intended for launch. They are not necessarily fully design intent, but engine type/size/power adder and sometimes representative transmission is there. Most of the selection between options is done with virtual simulation tools that are pretty good.
Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
I just read the ZR1 review and many that car ya gotten heavy. The low wing with interior options weighs in just under 3700 lbs! So I’d say IF ford can get the 500 (most likely R model) around 3900 or so, with the DCT iI think it has a chance to run close on the drag strip.

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
2016 SG FoRS, Forged, Moonroof
IMHO, it's a good time to be a Mopar fan if you are so inclined, I know that the platforms are dated and heavy but soooo many performance choices that are becoming available, Challengers, Chargers, Trackhawk Jeeps, Hellcats Demons, Redeyes, Scatcats and rumor Mopar may be producing a performance truck again possibly dropping the hellcat/redeye engine into a pickup truck too...yet us tried and true Ford fans wait for the GT500, and wait, and wait...is it just me but I see Ford Performance vehicles falling to the wayside, sad!

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
IMHO, it's a good time to be a Mopar fan if you are so inclined, I know that the platforms are dated and heavy but soooo many performance choices that are becoming available, Challengers, Chargers, Trackhawk Jeeps, Hellcats Demons, Redeyes, Scatcats and rumor Mopar may be producing a performance truck again possibly dropping the hellcat/redeye engine into a pickup truck too...yet us tried and true Ford fans wait for the GT500, and wait, and wait...is it just me but I see Ford Performance vehicles falling to the wayside, sad!
But we got the Edge ST! :lol:

Seriously though it's a bit frustrating. The new GT500 is going to have to be pretty amazing as we have some stiff domestic competition in the $60 to $75k price range.

Challenger Hellcat/Hellcat Redeye
Camaro ZL1/ZL1 1LE
Corvette Z06 1LZ (easy to find new 2019 models in the low $70k range after discount)

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
It is a good time to be a sports car fan in general. It doesn't matter what brand you end up with you have choices. Waiting for the GT500 isn't a bad thing. If it wasn't for the success of the Mustang both the Camaro and various Challengers wouldn't exist. I mean Mopar didn't bring anything new to the table with regards to the Challenger that Ford didn't already have with 662 HP and 200+ MPH straight line beast - that isn't even factoring in the Boss 302 road savviness.

Not knocking any of the brands - if you like cars chances are high you can find something that will fit your urge. Just how I see it anyway.

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
719/5000

Hello guys, the dream came true, but in what way ...

When I saw the teaser I could not believe it ....

A part of me is happy to see back to the GT 500, I do not know who for Ford had the negligent idea of ceasing production ...

But the other ...

I thought that the gt350r would only be the test subject but not the final platform ..

watching the redesign of the gt I expected something even stronger.

And partly disappoints me, partly because more than close your eyes I only see a gt350 with 750hp coyote engine and slight tweaks to distinguish it from his brother.

Luckily and the best of this forum is the imagination so I imagined what the design with the base of gt 2018 would have been like. Here I leave you an image

ford_gt_500_base_s560_series_by_jhonconnor-dcfd9od.jpg

Great image, but I think from seeing the teaser video, the GT500 has the classic GT350 headlights, not the newer version from 2018 + ?

Thanks

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
I just feel that Ford, under Hackett's administration, is loosing ground in the performance segment every day, having owned a 2000 Lightning, 2004 Comp Orange Cobra, 2011 Screw Raptor and now a 2016 Stealth Grey RS (yes, I'm a Ford fan-boy), and feel lucky to have been able to own those vehicles, I'm just saying that for performance vehicles, we (Ford aficionados) are looking at a bleak future as far as Ford performance vehicle diversification options are concerned, with no more cars besides the Mustang(thank God we kept the Mustang) to be made and lack of a true performance SUV/Crossover and the Raptor being upstaged by the upcoming Dodge Rebel TRX with Hellcat power, I have a feeling Ford (Hackett) won't be hitting back as hard as we did in the past and THAT is what makes me sad.

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
upstaged by the upcoming Dodge Rebel TRX with Hellcat power
What makes you think it will upstage the Raptor? I don't own one let alone a Dodge pickup but after test driving a Raptor I couldn't see that happening. Speculation of course because the latter isn't available but tell you what. Had the dealer been willing to drop the 20k ADM on the Raptor I drove I would have walked out with it.

Something to be said for a factory race truck that can go from the showroom floor to racing in the Baja 500.

loubif

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
What makes you think it will upstage the Raptor? I don't own one let alone a Dodge pickup but after test driving a Raptor I couldn't see that happening. Speculation of course because the latter isn't available but tell you what. Had the dealer been willing to drop the 20k ADM on the Raptor I drove I would have walked out with it.

Something to be said for a factory race truck that can go from the showroom floor to racing in the Baja 500.
https://www.ramtrucks.com/en/limited-editions/ram-1500/rebel-trx/

Just saying, it may have taken Dodge 8-10 years to come up with a possible Raptor competitor but with a supercharged Hellcat engine making, well, whatever those things actually make, it has the potential to be a hit, seems as though Dodge listed to potential Raptor owners that were put off by the V6 vs V8 option that should have been at least offered and came up with their own version, V8 and all, supercharged to boot. I don't know how this will play out, hopefully Hackett plays the ace up Fords sleeve and drops the "Godzilla 7X" engine in an upcoming Raptor but who knows what Hackett/Ford will do...

Last edited:

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.ramtrucks.com/en/limited-editions/ram-1500/rebel-trx/

Just saying, it may have taken Dodge 8-10 years to come up with a possible Raptor competitor but with a supercharged Hellcat engine making, well, whatever those things actually make, it has the potential to be a hit, seems as though Dodge listed to potential Raptor owners that were put off by the V6 vs V8 option that should have been at least offered and came up with their own version, V8 and all, supercharged to boot. I don't know how this will play out, hopefully Hackett plays the ace up Fords sleeve and drops the "Godzilla 7X" engine in an upcoming Raptor but who knows what Hackett/Ford will do...
Yeah - read a few articles after I posted. Also thanks for yours. Still not sure I would get too caught up in it. Super charged v8 is going to be heavy. I've driven my brother in laws V8, my nephew has the same truck with the v6 turbo. Turbo is actually better - just a mind set. Don't get me wrong because I do have a v8 in my mustang - so I'm guilty. But having driven the V6 Raptor like I said - if they would have ignored the ADM I would be driving one now. It really is a fantastic truck and the turbo is fine. It is fine in the truck and superawesomsauce in the GT.

Now - I have to say I don't know how it would do on the Coyote Flats @ 10,000 foot elevation but once I got the keys that is where you would find me. But like I said - I think it is a great time if you like cars but in my simple minded opinion - Ford is fine. Not sure I agree with the car crap but the Mustang has some damn good options that are different and unique compared to say GM and Dodge just slapping a supercharger on the largest V8 they have on the shelf.

Welcome to America :) We like our cars, right?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

geepaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350, '15 WRX STI Launch Ed, '03 SVT Cobra (RIP)
That ram sounds great. love the raptor, but that UPS truck exhaust was tuned by a former rock band roadie.
Sponsored