First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
My strutbrace came with these.:)

IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3366.jpg
Thanks for posting that, we'll likely create something very similar over at my friend's shop. Do you know roughly how thick the metal pieces are and are you happy enough with the rigidity of the overall fitment? I'm just worried it'll put too much stress on the strut bolts. I wonder who actually makes the shims... surely not Ford?
Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
thats cos its the gt350R brace in "rhd" so just comes with shims :) they're actually a little excessive as it doesn't need to be that high i'm sure I remember someone saying it just needs like 0.5mm grinding off the underside near the back bolt on the drivers side so it doesn't interfere with a ridge on the K brace
The 350R brace will fit. If you want it to sit completely central (the bolt holes are slotted) then grinding a small relief where it passes over the ‘K’ brace does it. Much neater than spacers.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Sunday - I mostly tried to shift all the squashed bugs and flies from the honeycomb grill... not an easy task.

The most sticky substance know to man - "squashed fly"

Bob

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sunday - I mostly tried to shift all the squashed bugs and flies from the honeycomb grill... not an easy task.

The most sticky substance know to man - "squashed fly"

Bob
Spray some insect and tar remover all over the grille and leave it for a good 5 minutes, then work it out with a soft children's toothbrush. Since you have a MY17 with a matte finish grille, it wont harm it.

MY18s, however, will probably scratch the thing to death.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I've been checking Research Maniacs and Etis all weekend for an update. Nothing yet. Also been keeping eagle eyed on the Ford website for finance figures. Also nothing. :(

For fuck sake, Ford, the car is available to purchase. Just GIVE ME THE FINANCE QUOTES ALREADY! :frusty:

Sponsored

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Spray some insect and tar remover all over the grille and leave it for a good 5 minutes, then work it out with a soft children's toothbrush. Since you have a MY17 with a matte finish grille, it wont harm it.

MY18s, however, will probably scratch the thing to death.
aha! I did just exactly that - then found that the insect and tar remover dried into a congealed and solid goo.... so all of that needed to be removed too!

hot soapy water - a soft (ish) small paint brush and a lot of patience....

then repeat with "bumper shine" and finally a gentle polish with micro fibre cloth

I guess its too hot (here) for the bug remover stuff:D

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
aha! I did just exactly that - then found that the insect and tar remover dried into a congealed and solid goo.... so all of that needed to be removed too!

hot soapy water - a soft (ish) small paint brush and a lot of patience....

then repeat with "bumper shine" and finally a gentle polish with micro fibre cloth

I guess its too hot (here) for the bug remover stuff:D
Direct sunlight of any kind will turn it into a horrid goo! Best to clean everything under a gazebo or in a garage, or just wait until 8pm. I learned this the hard way with my black car.

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Direct sunlight of any kind will turn it into a horrid goo! Best to clean everything under a gazebo or in a garage, or just wait until 8pm. I learned this the hard way with my black car.
Hi mate - appreciate this --- but it was the heat - not the sunshine what dun it!:D

Car was in the garage at the time ....

Bob

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I've been checking Research Maniacs and Etis all weekend for an update. Nothing yet. :frusty:
Tell me about it, I will wear the bloody thing out, how often I keep trying :lol:

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Tell me about it, I will wear the bloody thing out, how often I keep trying :lol:
I was like this with my old car, except that one took 10 months to arrive from order date and I was about ready to shank the dealership.

Not to sound like a broken record, but; FINANCE FIGURES, god dammit! :frusty:

I need to know if I can afford it when I submit my mortgage application later this month. :frusty::frusty::frusty:

Sponsored

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
I was like this with my old car, except that one took 10 months to arrive from order date and I was about ready to shank the dealership.

Not to sound like a broken record, but; FINANCE FIGURES, god dammit! :frusty:

I need to know if I can afford it when I submit my mortgage application later this month. :frusty::frusty::frusty:
Finance quote tool has disappeared from the configurator (for all cars) on the Ford UK site this morning. I can only guess it is being updated and will appear again later today, with hopefully figures for the 2019 Mustang

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Finance quote tool has disappeared from the configurator (for all cars) on the Ford UK site this morning. I can only guess it is being updated and will appear again later today, with hopefully figures for the 2019 Mustang
My fingers and toes are crossed. Please to god let the finance figures be good! If they're not, well, I'm going to have to make a very sad phone call to the dealership. :(
On the plus side, that's £4k worth of deposit in my back pocket to buy a new kitchen if I do cancel.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
What did i do today ... i took the last picture of my 2015 Ecoboost as i dropped it off at the dealers ... and then took the first pictures of my 2017 GT :thumbsup:

Sad day that Number 6 has gone, but i get to start the fun once more with the GT
Congrats Graham! Looks awesome...You not moving your plate over?