OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
270 on both from all the info I can find
Still highly unlikely. If the US version was 270 grams then Ford wouldn't have bothered installing a particle filter and developing a reduced power tune.
Sponsored

emix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT manual LB
Anyone know if there is any objective difference between same size tires with different load indexes?
I needed new rears, OEM are 275/40/19 101Y but I could only find 275/40/19 105Y in stock at my local tire shop. Can't wait for delivery as I'm going on a road trip tomorrow. Any differences and/or potential issues?

Last edited:

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Try to leave everything behind and enjoy the car. There is no ride like a Mustang. I had the same feelings last summer when my A/C stopped working. But when I got back into my car after it was fixed, I forgot everything :love:
In the end it took 11 weeks to find and fix a water leak that appeared to be an embarrassing factory fault in the form a badly attached and leaking sticker at the outside of the a pillar. I'm happy it's solved, still no news on who's gonna pay for the work though!

So I tried to leave it behind and forget about it until I discovered my next issue yesterday... in the form of... my hood/paint that starts to bubble:shrug: meaning rust under the paint!!! So it kind off get difficult to forget about the issues I have and already had so far...

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Well, I do not f@@king believe it. Are you still under warranty? If yes, then ask them to pay for that. If not, then I would sell the car, I wouldn't think twice. With your luck the A/C is going to be next...

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Well, I do not f@@king believe it. Are you still under warranty? If yes, then ask them to pay for that. If not, then I would sell the car, I wouldn't think twice. With your luck the A/C is going to be next...
Warranty no, and the A/C was last summer! This was fixed under warranty tough...

At first I thought it was rust under the paint but the bonnet seems to be aluminum, so corrosion or oxidation it is! Issue number 12 in only 2.5 years! Sweet:frusty:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Rusting hood edge is a 13 year running problem dating back even to the previous generation. It should be covered under the paint warranty, which is like 5 years or something, even in Europe. Annoying nevertheless.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Rusting hood edge is a 13 year running problem dating back even to the previous generation. It should be covered under the paint warranty, which is like 5 years or something, even in Europe. Annoying nevertheless.
13 years and they didn't manage to solve this even on an aluminum bonnet?! If this is the case, why would I bother to have it fixed because in a few months an other spot can start to bubble off, so it wont stop once it's started I guess!

Oddly enough, the first time I inspected the car at the dealership back in 2015 I asked them what it would cost to get the car painted like it should! The answer was ... very expensive as they would need to strip it first, but they agreed the result would be better than factory finish.

Thanks for the info though, Ill give them a call today!

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If the bonnet is made out of aluminum then it cannot rust, maybe have corrosion but not rust.

13 years and they didn't manage to solve this even on an aluminum bonnet?! If this is the case, why would I bother to have it fixed because in a few months an other spot can start to bubble off, so it wont stop once it's started I guess!

Oddly enough, the first time I inspected the car at the dealership back in 2015 I asked them what it would cost to get the car painted like it should! The answer was ... very expensive as they would need to strip it first, but they agreed the result would be better than factory finish.

Thanks for the info though, Ill give them a call today!

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Lowered with the forged wheels looks much better
Nice picture, thanks.

This car is lowered plus has spacers added. That is what makes it look fat. Just lowering would make it look terrible...

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
If the bonnet is made out of aluminum then it cannot rust, maybe have corrosion but not rust.
Corrosion it is! They suggested sanding and repaint of the piece, but my concern is that it will spread like a virus. If this already happened after 2.5 years I can already imagine what it will be like next year.

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Thx for the info Ericc, I read there have been several lawsuits over it as well. I hope I don't have to go that route, the dealer said it's the first ever at there shop;)
I also noticed yesterday that my drivers side starts to bubble but this time on the edge under the hood... looks promising.. meanwhile the can fix all my rock chips while there at it!!!

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
In the end it took 11 weeks to find and fix a water leak that appeared to be an embarrassing factory fault in the form a badly attached and leaking sticker at the outside of the a pillar. I'm happy it's solved, still no news on who's gonna pay for the work though!

So I tried to leave it behind and forget about it until I discovered my next issue yesterday... in the form of... my hood/paint that starts to bubble:shrug: meaning rust under the paint!!! So it kind off get difficult to forget about the issues I have and already had so far...
You are not the only one with rust.....a few here that I know and quite a few on the German forum. Mine too :frusty: drivers door, bottom edge on the inside had rust in 3 places. Ford decided to change the door and I must say have done a great job. All covered under warranty.

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm will be doing a full cover Xpel, warranty or not doubt Ford will also pay for the Xpel that has to be reapplied after they fix their production defects.

Do these rust/corrosion spots develop over time or can you spot them right away ?
Sponsored