Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Not handy, but this is very well known amongst people who dyno their cars and described on Mustang groups on facebook. There is also an extensive discussion in our group. It’s not an issue that relates only to the EcoBoost, it’s the same for the GT as well. There are several threads here as well.
Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I feel for you @Notes ... I had the same feeling last summer when my A/C stopped working in the middle of the summer (42 C in Greece!). But the car is so much fun to drive...
The A/C was the issue I had last summer as well... my list is getting endlessly...

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Just because I sold my Mustang doesn't mean I'm not active in the communities anymore. Modern Muscle Cars are still a hobby for me, no matter what I drive. On this topic, I can pickup my Camaro next Friday, so at least I'm back in a V8 soon. :D

I really don't get what Ford did to the new Mustang here in europe. The GT got raised HP from 421PS to 450PS, but torque went down from 430Nm to 429Nm. Also Fastback GT MT went up from 1,726kg to 1,818kg. The new conv GT is near 1,900kg.

And in the same brochures Ford claims the new GT is way faster than the old one. I honestly can't imagine how the new GT will be much faster when just 30hp (which should be the result of the higher max revs) should trump nearly 100kg more weigth, even though some adjustments should reduce wheel hopping and bodyroll problems of the 15 :shrug:

And then we have the new gear ratios for manual transmissions for fuel savings, which sound bad with the 3.55 axle ratio we get in europe - Why would you want reaching vmax in 4th gear? Ok this is maybe a german problem since nowhere else people won't actually drive vmax.

Don't get me wrong, 18 Mustang will be a great car and surely fun to drive with the positive received active exhaust. I love that they added tribars, hood vents, etc. But to me it seems they had to bent way more to fit EU regulations with the new one.
Can't wait for the call that my dealer finally get a 18 GT for test driving. At the moment they don't want to build up kilometers to the ones on the lot. Also the european Bullitt is really cool, even though it can't have the extra tuned active exhaust

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
The A/C was the issue I had last summer as well... my list is getting endlessly...
Try to leave everything behind and enjoy the car. There is no ride like a Mustang. I had the same feelings last summer when my A/C stopped working. But when I got back into my car after it was fixed, I forgot everything :love:

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don't get it either why it even has less power and torque first of all.
If all other manufacturers can provide the same power and torque in US and EU why is it not possible for the Mustang.

60NM less on the EU spec compared to the US model is quite much

Just because I sold my Mustang doesn't mean I'm not active in the communities anymore. Modern Muscle Cars are still a hobby for me, no matter what I drive. On this topic, I can pickup my Camaro next Friday, so at least I'm back in a V8 soon. :D

I really don't get what Ford did to the new Mustang here in europe. The GT got raised HP from 421PS to 450PS, but torque went down from 430Nm to 429Nm. Also Fastback GT MT went up from 1,726kg to 1,818kg. The new conv GT is near 1,900kg.

And in the same brochures Ford claims the new GT is way faster than the old one. I honestly can't imagine how the new GT will be much faster when just 30hp (which should be the result of the higher max revs) should trump nearly 100kg more weigth, even though some adjustments should reduce wheel hopping and bodyroll problems of the 15 :shrug:

And then we have the new gear ratios for manual transmissions for fuel savings, which sound bad with the 3.55 axle ratio we get in europe - Why would you want reaching vmax in 4th gear? Ok this is maybe a german problem since nowhere else people won't actually drive vmax.

Don't get me wrong, 18 Mustang will be a great car and surely fun to drive with the positive received active exhaust. I love that they added tribars, hood vents, etc. But to me it seems they had to bent way more to fit EU regulations with the new one.
Can't wait for the call that my dealer finally get a 18 GT for test driving. At the moment they don't want to build up kilometers to the ones on the lot. Also the european Bullitt is really cool, even though it can't have the extra tuned active exhaust

Sponsored

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Different power ratings US vs EU but yet the emissions remain the same.

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
60NM less on the EU spec compared to the US model is quite much
Are you sure ? All I can find is torque went up from 530 to 592 so that’s +62 Nm

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Are you sure ? All I can find is torque went up from 530 to 592 so that’s +62 Nm
Really,%20do%20they? So what's the reason for the downgrade in power? Ugly AF and with less power, LOL![/quote]"]Here's a technical documentation of the new Mustang in german.
I added to part of torque to the Attachements. Facelift GT only makes 529Nm. US GT makes 420 pf which is 569Nm.

Really, do they? So what's the reason for the downgrade in power? Ugly AF and with less power, LOL!
The new emission filter should definitely hold back power.
mustang2018torque.JPG

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
So if the emissions filter is removed the power will go up? If it’s easy to remove, then I suppose that almost everybody will do it.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The funny part is

I had a chat with the workshop at my dealer that is supplying my 18.
He mentioned one customer had dynoed his 17 Mustang and the it had the same ratings as a US-model ...

In the same discussion I talked about tuning and one part was the tuning that is now available for the 15-17 model through ford performance here in Sweden. He said that the warranty will be voided, the warranty supplied at least here in Sweden it is only for the parts and not for the drivetrain. So my hope of at least tuning the 18 with a FP tune once available went down the drain. I don't want to tune the car and loose the 5 year warranty.... At least that is how I see it at the moment.

Otherwise a none E85 tune is what I would do. With E85 there are so many other potential issues that I don't want to have.

Here's a technical documentation of the new Mustang in german.
I added to part of torque to the Attachements. Facelift GT only makes 529Nm. US GT makes 420 pf which is 569Nm.

The new emission filter should definitely hold back power.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Emssions filter is only for Ecoboost I believe
Yeah I think that is correct. It's a particle fliter to be precise.

Different power ratings US vs EU but yet the emissions remain the same.
I'm not sure that is correct. The 2015-17 GT Automatic in US spec has 299 grams CO2 according to the TuV. The EU version has 281 grams. Seeing that the EU facelift engines are again tuned down I don't see why a similar gap wouldn't still exist.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
The GT also comes with a particle filter, not just the Ecoboost.

In the official press release for the new Mustang from Ford we got this sentence:
"Für beide Motorisierungen gehört ein Otto-Partikelfilter zur Serienausstattung."
Which translates into
"For both engines the Otto-particle filter is standard-equipment"

Also if somebody wondered how loud the new active exhaust on the GT is: According to german papers the new GT gets 93db standing, 68db driving - Compared to 85db Standing, 72db driving of the preFL.

The preFL actually had pretty bad ups and downs in power. I know people who all went to the same tuner: Bone Stock some cars were around 400PS, others went high to 440PS. So just like all the electric quirks of the car, you have to be lucky to get the power of the US model.

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure that is correct. The 2015-17 GT Automatic in US spec has 299 grams CO2 according to the TuV. The EU version has 281 grams. Seeing that the EU facelift engines are again tuned down I don't see why a similar gap wouldn't still exist.
270 on both from all the info I can find

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You think that will fix the deficit of HP/NM? :D

The GT also comes with a particle filter, not just the Ecoboost.

In the official press release for the new Mustang from Ford we got this sentence:
"Für beide Motorisierungen gehört ein Otto-Partikelfilter zur Serienausstattung."
Which translates into
"For both engines the Otto-particle filter is standard-equipment"

Also if somebody wondered how loud the new active exhaust on the GT is: According to german papers the new GT gets 93db standing, 68db driving - Compared to 85db Standing, 72db driving of the preFL.

The preFL actually had pretty bad ups and downs in power. I know people who all went to the same tuner: Bone Stock some cars were around 400PS, others went high to 440PS. So just like all the electric quirks of the car, you have to be lucky to get the power of the US model.
Sponsored