Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
And this is what I will do once I receive my p51 wheels. Those wheels are sick!

Eric how is the taxation in The Netherlands in regards to high displacement engines? I would have bought a GT with no second thought as well, but annual taxes would be really high :mad:

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Eric how is the taxation in The Netherlands in regards to high displacement engines?
Registration tax is based on CO2 emission and varies per year. It usually goes up every year. Currently on a new 2018 GT it's between 62.000 and 69.000 euro, so that's actually more than the car costs itself! The registration tax decreasingly depreciates by month. So if you import a used one you pay a residual percentage of the original amount, depending on the date of first registration abroad. After roughly 2.5 years it's reduced to about 50%.

Annual road tax is around 1.200. For the EcoBoost it's around 1.000 so the operational difference is not that big. The main thing is buying one.

This is why 95% on all 2015+ Mustangs over here are EcoBoosts. When I bought my EcoBoost in 2015 the registration tax was 12.500. Last year it had already gone up to 18.000. And now with the increase in CO2 from 179 to 199 it's gone up to 30.000. Madness.

Twinguin

just a little Fury
Threads
Reaction score
Website
s76.photobucket.com
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Convertible
Wow, your taxation is crazy! Your new five-point-ohh looks good and I am looking forward to what you’ll be doing with it.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
The taxation on everything (cars, houses, etc.) is crazy and extremely unfair in most of the countries in Europe

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
picture.jpg

Sorry for the quality, but I only have my phone for taking pics.

Anyhow, as if my car didn't have enough bright red lights on the ass I went and got myself the X-lume GT badge. So glad I finally got rid of that awful faux gas cap. Super easy install, and looks so good both on and off:love:

Right now it's wired to the rear lights, but I'm thinking I'll get my wiregame on and put in some sort of switch up front, so I can have these modes:
On with licenceplate
On only when braking
On with rear lights
Off

OP
OP
Ericc B

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Sweet! I have a front pony from them but never installed it due to the horror posts about the quality of the chrome plating. On the rear you should be fine though, since it's much more protected there from the elements.

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
Registration tax is based on CO2 emission and varies per year. It usually goes up every year. Currently on a new 2018 GT it's between 62.000 and 69.000 euro, so that's actually more than the car costs itself! The registration tax decreasingly depreciates by month. So if you import a used one you pay a residual percentage of the original amount, depending on the date of first registration abroad. After roughly 2.5 years it's reduced to about 50%.

Annual road tax is around 1.200. For the EcoBoost it's around 1.000 so the operational difference is not that big. The main thing is buying one.

This is why 95% on all 2015+ Mustangs over here are EcoBoosts. When I bought my EcoBoost in 2015 the registration tax was 12.500. Last year it had already gone up to 18.000. And now with the increase in CO2 from 179 to 199 it's gone up to 30.000. Madness.

Your car tax system is simply not normal and I am surprised that the dutch people havent said enough is enough! You can also just move across the border to Germany and you will have none of that! Know a few who’s done it....

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Most of the European countries have weird/unfair/stupid tax systems when it comes to cars. For example I always wanted a GT. If I was in the UK or in Germany I suppose that I would get it for around 35.000 euros. Well in Greece, or many other EU countries for that matter, I would have to spend well over 60.000 euros and an absurd amount of money on annual tax and β€œluxury” tax.

I would have to pay a crazy amount of money on import taxes, even I imported it from another EU country. Talk about free movement of goods in Europe...

Sponsored

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
Most of the European countries have weird/unfair/stupid tax systems when it comes to cars. For example I always wanted a GT. If I was in the UK or in Germany I suppose that I would get it for around 35.000 euros. Well in Greece, or many other EU countries for that matter, I would have to spend well over 60.000 euros and an absurd amount of money on annual tax and β€œluxury” tax.

I would have to pay a crazy amount of money on import taxes, even I imported it from another EU country. Talk about free movement of goods in Europe...
Time to move?

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I've been living in several countries in Europe and in the US during the last few years. If I had to move again, it would be to an island in the Caribbean or in the Pacific. But then I will need a Jeep, not a Mustang. So, no, I will not move ;)

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Well in Greece, or many other EU countries for that matter, I would have to spend well over 60.000 euros and an absurd amount of money on annual tax and β€œluxury” tax.

Nothing personal however, we all know how notoriously famous it is in Greece to scimp on paying taxes. Also, some countries in europe and elsewhere particularly poorer countries, politicians first and formost goal is to line their pockets with tax money, bribes etc. Hense the infastructure in some southern european countries is not on par with northern european countries. Even though our taxes are high in Germany, we don't have pot holes in the streets and it "seems" tax money, or most of it is used for it's intended purpose.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Nothing personal however, we all know how notoriously famous it is in Greece to scimp on paying taxes. Also, some countries in europe and elsewhere particularly poorer countries, politicians first and formost goal is to line their pockets with tax money, bribes etc. Hense the infastructure in some southern european countries is not on par with northern european countries. Even though our taxes are high in Germany, we don't have pot holes in the streets and it "seems" tax money, or most of it is used for it's intended purpose.
I totally agree with you. Italy is the same as Greece. I've just written to the municipality asking (since they sais that there's no money to repair it) to CLOSE a 7-km road because there are so many pot holes that it's incredibly dangerous to drive there. And this is a main road leading to the city!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=21272]kwpony[/MENTION] no offense taken. Unfortunately what you describe is true. Our tax money was not used for its intended purpose but for the purpose of maintaining a corrupted political system (it is still corrupted, nothing has changed, even after all those austerity measures that were completely ineffective) and a huge number of useless public servants who were there (and still are) only for political reasons.

However, all this is not my fault and I hate paying taxes for things I am not responsible for. But the fact is that taxation in Europe is extremely high compared to the US. Just look at the outrageous car prices in most European countries (Germany and the UK not included) and you will understand what I am saying.
Sponsored