Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Guys,

Besides ADM's, what other reasons should I wait for the second MY. It's said there are bugs to be worked out after the first year. Wish I waited for 2017 GT350 myself because of coolers. But, if the 500 is basically a SC Voodoo with great handling, there should be no real issues in the first year. Waiting for the (literal) smoke to clear. Your thoughts.
:cheers:
Oh trust me, there COULD be some issues... there always have.

1. It will have a different engine (It's not just a SC Voodoo, I assume they had to change a lot of internals).
2. Totally new gearbox, remember that the GT500 most likely will be the first car using then new TREMEC DCT (followed by the ME Corvette).
3. Cooling "things"
4. Some suspension parts (?)
5. Maybe some interior bits...
Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Oh trust me, there COULD be some issues... there always have.

1. It will have a different engine (It's not just a SC Voodoo, I assume they had to change a lot of internals).
2. Totally new gearbox, remember that the GT500 most likely will be the first car using then new TREMEC DCT (followed by the ME Corvette).
3. Cooling "things"
4. Some suspension parts (?)
5. Maybe some interior bits...
Very good points. I will most likely wait for the second MY to see how the they are performing vs keeping my 350. Ford has tended to add something (color) additional in the third year to entice trade in, so I think the sweet spot is the second MY while knowing what the third MY looks like.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Very good points. I will most likely wait for the second MY to see how the they are performing vs keeping my 350. Ford has tended to add something (color) additional in the third year to entice trade in, so I think the sweet spot is the second MY while knowing what the third MY looks like.
If everything ends up being like the rumors says, there would be only two MY for the GT500; 2020 and 2021.... so, maybe the second MY adds a very limited (color) additional during the last MY of the S550 GT500.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If everything ends up being like the rumors says, there would be only two MY for the GT500; 2020 and 2021.... so, maybe the second MY adds a very limited (color) additional during the last MY of the S550 GT500.
I have my doubts about the two years. They did run two years on the 13, 14. But, they said that about the GT350 and we are in the fourth MY. We haven't seen a 500 for a while, so I doubt two years. Marketing will say two years and ADMs will be 40K.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
I have my doubts about the two years. They did run two years on the 13, 14. But, they said that about the GT350 and we are in the fourth MY. We haven't seen a 500 for a while, so I doubt two years. Marketing will say two years and ADMs will be 40K.
The thing is that S650 will arrive by 2022MY so.... it can't be more than two years.

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
April 17th is coming... a good day for Mustang.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
April 17th is coming... a good day for Mustang.
I shall raise a glass to the finest car in the world on the 17th, as I always do :cheers:

If there's more news on the GT500 that day? Well, I guess that'll be the icing on the birthday cake :D

Sponsored

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
I shall raise a glass to the finest car in the world on the 17th, as I always do :cheers:

If there's more news on the GT500 that day? Well, I guess that'll be the icing on the birthday cake :D
Maybe they release the specs.... or some of them.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Indeed :(

And, as you pointed out, above, the next-gen Mustang is due for the '22MY, so it's going to have been a looooooong wait for 2 years of glory. Hopefully Ford don't make us wait so long for a GT500 based on the next-gen :(

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
Indeed :(

And, as you pointed out, above, the next-gen Mustang is due for the '22MY, so it's going to have been a looooooong wait for 2 years of glory. Hopefully Ford don't make us wait so long for a GT500 based on the next-gen :(
I hope it arrives before the S650 facelift :(
Sponsored