Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I think I'd have a talk with the dealership about those front tires. Either you put in some serious miles on the track over the weekend or your front end alignment is terrible.
That's how Michelin sport cup 2's look! Maximum contact patch. Only use in rain if crazy.
The Cup 2s on the PP2 are shaved from the factory, no?

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

Ashpian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Holy shit that thing sits really low already. I'm wondering how it's going to work out putting on the GT350 springs I have waiting. I got the same color and it should be here by the end of the week. I can't wait.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
That's how Michelin sport cup 2's look! Maximum contact patch. Only use in rain if crazy.
I agree, this is how they will look. My buddy asked me why I have bald tires stacked in my garage, but he doesn't realize that is how they look when they are brand new. I bet most state inspections that check tires will fail these just by looking at them, even though there is a wear bar, it's barely below the surface.

When I got mine I was like, I'll drive it until the tires are worn and get new tires. After you hear all the rocks flying from sticking to that nice smooth rubber on the first few inches of the tire, you'll cringe and be looking at tires right away. It may just be the roads around me, but any tiny sand or gravel sticks to these SC2s, I had dirt flying and hitting my mirrors going around a corner one day, after that I swapped them out immediately.

As others mention, if you drive in rain with any water on the road, it will feel like ice, only did it once and that was just on a 45 mph road, can't imagine highway speeds with any water on the road.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
Holy shit that thing sits really low already. I'm wondering how it's going to work out putting on the GT350 springs I have waiting. I got the same color and it should be here by the end of the week. I can't wait.
I'm waiting for the first post for "just ripped off my PP2 splitter today", I'm hopeful I don't run into this issues, but I've had a few minor scrapes with mine over the past couple months, all in my driveway until I put a tiny little bit of crush granite down where the slope of my driveway hits the bottom flat, I just needed like 1/8" more height for a couple inches. The scrapes were on the underside of the pointed areas of the splitter (the part that sticks out the most), nothing visible, but not something I wanted to keep doing.

I measured the clearance for others on mine for reference, its in my PP2 thread, but the problem is angle of approach for where people will have problems. In the gray PP2 posted a page or two back, that splitter is close to scraping, but doesn't look like there is much of a dip coming into the driveway, but if the road has a lot of center bulge, you approach it more steep and come close. Same challenge anyone else here has with lowered cars, but keep in mind you have a little more distance from wheel to front of car now.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I'm waiting for the first post for "just ripped off my PP2 splitter today", I'm hopeful I don't run into this issues, but I've had a few minor scrapes with mine over the past couple months, all in my driveway until I put a tiny little bit of crush granite down where the slope of my driveway hits the bottom flat, I just needed like 1/8" more height for a couple inches. The scrapes were on the underside of the pointed areas of the splitter (the part that sticks out the most), nothing visible, but not something I wanted to keep doing.

I measured the clearance for others on mine for reference, its in my PP2 thread, but the problem is angle of approach for where people will have problems. In the gray PP2 posted a page or two back, that splitter is close to scraping, but doesn't look like there is much of a dip coming into the driveway, but if the road has a lot of center bulge, you approach it more steep and come close. Same challenge anyone else here has with lowered cars, but keep in mind you have a little more distance from wheel to front of car now.
I haven't even decided if I'm going to have them install it yet. Ah oh, Jake will be telling me how I made a mistake again!

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
I haven't even decided if I'm going to have them install it yet. Ah oh, Jake will be telling me how I made a mistake again!

One luxury I had was that the splitter wasn't available when I took delivery so I had to go back to get it, this let me check clearances on my driveway and make sure i would clear. You may tell them you need to check clearance and you'll bring it back to install if you want later.

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
So picked her up on Saturday and busy couple days but i have a few shots. I'm amazed with just how low it actually sits and the stance is incredible in person. The clearance even pulling into my driveway is ridiculously tight. Not sure how well that chin spoiler is going to hold up. I'm also not a huge fan of the spoiler. I feel like they could have gotten a little more aggressive without getting gaudy but I have nothing but time to enhance.:headbang: Already looking for replacement tires as the SC2's aren't going to last long!
Nice car! Wow, those Michelins look nearly bald brand new (just never realize it)!

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Curious if anyone who ordered an '18 with the Recaro's on the base model actual got them for free?

Can't locate the window sticker on the blue one, but when I use the current '18 configurator on the Ford site it appears to be:

BASE $35,190
301A $2,000
PP2 $6,500
Recaro's $1,595
Destination $900
Total $46,185

I know that the '19 has been showing as optional since day one, but the '18 also now lists them as optional. Seems like a few weeks back, it said they were included.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The dealer I ordered my car from has a GT350R and the tires looked just like those on the PP2. I think that's how they look brand new, no tampering.
I think that goes for the GT350R as well. I've seen Cup 2s purchased from Tire Rack and they had something like 7-8/32" of thread depth.

Curious if anyone who ordered an '18 with the Recaro's on the base model actual got them for free?
Everyone who has an order for a PP2 with the cloth Recaros is stuck in transit at the moment lol.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
My window sticker still shows $44,495 and cloth recaros. My dealer did have a GT350 that according to Cotus didnt have stripes but they had a sticker that showed stripes as an option. So I do think dealers can re print anything they want.

That Kona Blue PP2 had base seats.
You might be the first to know if those Recaros are actually free. Hurry up, will you?