Sponsored

Jacking points and stand placement on s550

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I just don't want to spent the money or have more weight on car. I know about the front K-brace area but the rear gets hairy
When I did Trans fluid I backed on ramps and then put the front on stands
I've seen people on youtube use the jack in the middle of the side rails with no rails, seems wrong!
[ame]
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Reactions: Ebm

ValidusTalon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP + FRPP2
CJ Pony Parts has a pretty good tutorial located here: https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/how-to-jack-up-your-2015-mustang

I tend to follow it pretty close... if just swapping a wheel I'll use a jack on the Jacking Rails, but if crawling under the car its either ramps or jack stands (or a combo). And as others have said, either set of rails are great, work perfect, and are from excellent companies - can't go wrong.

OP
OP
C.Stanley

C.Stanley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
So th BMR super low profile is a good choice?

AM is showing out of stock on Steeda and I need some ASAP

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0

It is an outstanding choice. We typically have a hard time keeping up with the demand, BUT I do believe we just finished a large batch in Hammertone black color yesterday! You can order them from us direct with the code FS6KA on our web-site, or from a dealer - and they will ship asap :cheers:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Just installed a set of the CJR002 over the weekend. They are awesome and it is SOO easy to get the car up now. The rail is just about 2 mm below the pinch weld flange. Excellent product.

OP
OP
C.Stanley

C.Stanley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
It is an outstanding choice. We typically have a hard time keeping up with the demand, BUT I do believe we just finished a large batch in Hammertone black color yesterday! You can order them from us direct with the code FS6KA on our web-site, or from a dealer - and they will ship asap :cheers:
Thank you I just ordered them :cheers:

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I got the low profile BMR jacking rails in hammertone black. I was pleasantly surprised how heavy duty they look and feel. The best part is they're less than half the price of their regular jacking rails and I don't feel like you're sacrificing any build quality or sturdiness. Next BMR CB005 and CB006.
There is definitely a difference in cost, quality, design etc - HOWEVER, the CJR001 are a little bit overkill.

We were the first company to release S550 jacking rails, and in doing so - we always shoot for the best possible design from the get-go. Same with other items like our RLCA bearings, etc. Once others enter the market, we assess and see what additional changes we can make to compete at their price point. This can usually be seen when we have multiple components, often times labeled as "premium" (which is usually the no holds barred component) and the "standard" (which is usually comparable to other offerings on the market)

:thumbsup:

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I don't like using jack stands on the rail b/c when one side is up the stands seem unstable on the rails while raising up the other side.

I use the jack on the rail but still put the jack stand on the OEM pinch locations which rest deeply in the top of the jack stand.

The Steeda rails being shorter work perfect for this.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Currently offering a sale of said components above:

de70a395-e354-4d43-ab07-07c62628b85e.jpg

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
I second that. I used them the other day to install my new mudflaps, and it seemed like they were bending in the middle when I had my jack in the middle of the door to lift each side. Next time I get a chance, I'm going to put a level or straight edge across each to see if they truly bent and stayed bent.
Update: I used them the other day to change my tranny fluid. I put a straight edge across them when I was done and they are definitely not bent, they are straight. So I apologize to Steeda and anyone else who may have read this for assuming they bent or would stay bent, they are straight as an arrow. Being they are this straight, I feel they do not bend when using them, or at least bend enough to be a problem and definitely do not stay that way. This is from placing the jack right in the middle of the rail when lifting the entire side of the car.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I second that. I used them the other day to install my new mudflaps, and it seemed like they were bending in the middle when I had my jack in the middle of the door to lift each side. Next time I get a chance, I'm going to put a level or straight edge across each to see if they truly bent and stayed bent.
Update: I used them the other day to change my tranny fluid. I put a straight edge across them when I was done and they are definitely not bent, they are straight. So I apologize to Steeda and anyone else who may have read this for assuming they bent or would stay bent, they are straight as an arrow. Being they are this straight, I feel they do not bend when using them, or at least bend enough to be a problem and definitely do not stay that way. This is from placing the jack right in the middle of the rail when lifting the entire side of the car.
I've used the Steeda rails at least 100 times right in the middle of the rail to get the whole side of the car up at once to put stands under the car for tire changes and other maintenance or part replacement and they've never deformed.

Everyone should feel comfortable with Steeda rails used like this as they're really designed with this in mind.

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Best would be jacking rail and then anywhere along it. Someone else probably has the picture of the underside with points circled, but a lot of guys have and definitely recommend the rails from BMR (longer and not much heavier) and Steeda (lighter).
This is the picture Nagare was referring to,
Jacking rails are the way to go in the long term.
I am using the Steeda low profile ones.
jack_points.jpg
Sponsored