Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

1blkpny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT premium
Here is what you should find below the radiator cover. I did take out the bumper bolts as well and try that but I could barely get a finger to fit through there. Also tried the radiator bracket method to loosen and pull radiator assembly towards engine. If I had a slim armed person I could make that work.

Now take off the hood latch assembly and you can get your arm down in where the emblem is. I put my howler badge on this very way and it worked great. Hope this helps

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
That’s interesting what is the reasoning behind that?
Main reason is that that the plastic tabs on the fan shroud started to break under the weight. Second reason is that I think it looks better. I will get a smaller tank though. Something about 3 inches shorter.

Sponsored

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
Now take off the hood latch assembly and you can get your arm down in where the emblem is. I put my howler badge on this very way and it worked great. Hope this helps
There is no opening like the 17 under that latch, this is all solid and part of the whole structure, no opening here to get your hand in, or even a finger for that matter. Probably not able to tell by the pic because it's shadowed and dark under the latch, but that is all solid plastic underneath.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Finally had some time to try out wrapping the roof. Not bad for first try doing vinyl, but not perfect. Learned a lot and will do much better next time. Roll was only $38 so not a huge loss. Will have to bribe girlfriend to help me again, since it was like 2 hours of torture for her :headbonk: Mirrors are next.
That looks really good for being your first time :thumbsup:

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Minimal drop BMR springs
Steeda billet shock mounts
Fresh oil
Brake inspection
New wheels and a fresh set of tires

Long day

40060161744_f2d928ff6f_h.jpg

Then I added a little bit of weight.

26899610628_eabfe53ce1_h.jpg

65 stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt 6 speed p/p premium r/r 65 hardtop 289
Give it the first oil change today at 1800 miles, 10 quarts of pennzoil ultra platinum and a fram synthetic filter.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Minimal drop BMR springs
Steeda billet shock mounts
Fresh oil
Brake inspection
New wheels and a fresh set of tires

Long day

40060161744_f2d928ff6f_h.jpg

Then I added a little bit of weight.

26899610628_eabfe53ce1_h.jpg
Do the trunk lid and close up the giant hole in it. Made a massive difference. That and the rear deck.

Sponsored

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Do the trunk lid and close up the giant hole in it. Made a massive difference. That and the rear deck.
I'm not trying to make it a Rolls, I just wanted to see if I could quiet down the drone a little bit and maybe scrub some road noise. These indy 500s are surprisingly loud.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
That looks really good for being your first time :thumbsup:
Looks good in the pic!:thumbsup:
Thanks. There are some bubbles which are slowly coming out when it's warm outside, and the edges were very hard to cut/tuck right so they look janky in some spots. Next time I'll be using more painters tape on doorjambs and glass to keep vinyl from sticking and allow me to tuck it easier. I'm dreading the mirrors, but I got a bunch of extra vinyl to practice on.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. There are some bubbles which are slowly coming out when it's warm outside, and the edges were very hard to cut/tuck right so they look janky in some spots. Next time I'll be using more painters tape on doorjambs and glass to keep vinyl from sticking and allow me to tuck it easier. I'm dreading the mirrors, but I got a bunch of extra vinyl to practice on.
Get some of this cutting tape. Works great. You lay it out where you will want to cut the vinly then pull the tape to make the cuts. Perfect for rounded edges and curves where using a razor blade will be difficult. There are numerous YouTube videos how to use it.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/WrapCut-...4493&wl11=online&wl12=506187120&wl13=&veh=sem

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Side splitters and side scoops installed this weekend. I have black pony emblem to install but not as easy as I thought to install. Plastic under hood latch blocking access and can’t fit hand even loosening radiator supports. Not feeling like pulling bumper off to install right now.

742011D1-2A08-49B2-B327-064209EF61ED.jpg
What side splitters are those? Car is looking good :thumbsup:
Sponsored