goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
We are coming over early May for a week, and would love to see a S550 Bullett
any good showrooms, where there would be one ?
Also any good shops for Ford stuff, after California Special branded stuff if they make it?
Am hiring a Escape I take it it has Sync 3?
Would also like to travel to some National Parks if possible,
sorry for all the questions, and please move to the right section.
Please PM me, if you can advise, many thanks

Larry
Sponsored

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
Also any good shops for Ford stuff, after California Special branded stuff if they make it?

Larry
Are you asking for all of these things in the Kansas City area? Im not sure anyone would have a Bullit in the showroom by May, you just missed the one they had at the KC Auto Show.
Are you looking for new California Special stuff?
National Parks around Kansas City? You'll be hard pressed to find that in the area. Maybe look at the Lewis and Clark trail.

Also, you probably meant to put this in the regional section of the forum.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE

Larry
National World War I museum. Don't miss out on that one.

OP
OP
goldengooner

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Are you asking for all of these things in the Kansas City area? Im not sure anyone would have a Bullit in the showroom by May, you just missed the one they had at the KC Auto Show.
Are you looking for new California Special stuff?
National Parks around Kansas City? You'll be hard pressed to find that in the area. Maybe look at the Lewis and Clark trail.

Also, you probably meant to put this in the regional section of the forum.
thanks for the reply, yes would love some California Special stuff for the 2016

Sponsored

OP
OP
goldengooner

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)

miccontreras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 sports roof but wanting S550 to go with it
I'm in the Kansas City Area. For shopping, I would recommend the Plaza (country club plaza) which is about 10 minute drive south of downtown. I would also recommend Town Center (in Leawood) and Zona Rosa (north of downtown). The Plaza is the higher end shopping and plenty of great places to eat. There are also some amazing houses along ward parkway that borders the Plaza Area.

There are plenty of museums and such, but I have not been to any except for the one previously mentioned. My work had an event at the WWI memorial, and it is definitely a todo. While you are there, Union Station is right there (old remodeled and operating train station) and Crown Plaza is there (ice skating, lego land, etc.). Crown Plaza is owned by Hallmark Cards, which is headquartered in KC.

If you want great BBQ, I would suggest Jack Stack, KC Joes (formerly Oklahoma Joes) and Q39. All have excellent BBQ.

Mike

miccontreras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 sports roof but wanting S550 to go with it
I'm probably not the best person to point to bars and nightlife, but the Sprint Arena and Power & Light District (same area) are good bars and places to eat. It is a fun part of downtown to check out and you can take the free rail cars between Crown Center and and River market, which is on the other side of downtown. There is also Westport, which is well known for its nightlife.

mcstang18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2016 F150 XLT
Joe's BBQ, definitely! Took me years to finally get there but now I see what the fuss was about. There are three locations in the KC Metro area. Fiorello's Jack Stack is good too.

As far as National Parks, there's not much close by. There are some historical sites though, including the aforementioned World War I Museum which is definitely worth a visit.

If you're into baseball, maybe you can catch a Kansas City Royals game if they're home during your visit. The Kansas City T-Bones are a minor league baseball team that play on the Kansas side of the metro near Sporting KC's soccer/football stadium. Sporting KC plays at home on May 5th.

I hope you have a great trip!

OP
OP
goldengooner

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Joe's BBQ, definitely! Took me years to finally get there but now I see what the fuss was about. There are three locations in the KC Metro area. Fiorello's Jack Stack is good too.

As far as National Parks, there's not much close by. There are some historical sites though, including the aforementioned World War I Museum which is definitely worth a visit.

If you're into baseball, maybe you can catch a Kansas City Royals game if they're home during your visit. The Kansas City T-Bones are a minor league baseball team that play on the Kansas side of the metro near Sporting KC's soccer/football stadium. Sporting KC plays at home on May 5th.

I hope you have a great trip!
thanks for all the great replies folks, yes we are going to the Soccer match on the Saturday, make a change to watch a footy match where we don't really care who wins :D, me and Steph are both Mad Gooners !!. As for the food places, sounds lovely, but Steph is a Vegan :shrug:
Which makes it way more difficult for eating places

Sponsored
OP
OP
goldengooner

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Another question, but this is more General.
It's to do with the OBD II Port
I would like a heads up display, and also a Obd2 Diagnostic Scanner
as the ones in the UK, don't work in my car as its a CS Import
So anyone got any advice, which is the best and where to get them in the US ?

thanks

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
Do not go to Westport at night! Too dangerous over there. Everyone has made great suggestions. Another interesting museum is the Steamboat Arabia museum in the city market area, just south of the Missouri River downtown.

You might also check out some local wineries, the Weston area has a few (few minutes drive north of downtown), and O'Malleys in Weston is a cool place. Old underground bar.

If your looking to get mustang parts, you'd probably have to have the local dealers order parts. I'm not sure if any would have parts your looking for in stock.

Also, vegan wife or not, YOU at least need to try either Arthur Bryant's, Gates, Joes KC, Q39, or Jackstack. Preferably more than one.

OP
OP
goldengooner

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Do not go to Westport at night! Too dangerous over there. Everyone has made great suggestions. Another interesting museum is the Steamboat Arabia museum in the city market area, just south of the Missouri River downtown.

You might also check out some local wineries, the Weston area has a few (few minutes drive north of downtown), and O'Malleys in Weston is a cool place. Old underground bar.

If your looking to get mustang parts, you'd probably have to have the local dealers order parts. I'm not sure if any would have parts your looking for in stock.

Also, vegan wife or not, YOU at least need to try either Arthur Bryant's, Gates, Joes KC, Q39, or Jackstack. Preferably more than one.
i Will :D
not parts, Just merch
mind you a spare set of Projection lights might make sense

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
If you are a baseball or music fan, check out the Negro Leagues Museum and the Kansas City Jazz Museum at 18th and Vine, just southeast of downtown. These are often overlooked, and they could use your business. Char Bar in Westport also has good BBQ.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I've never been to Kansas but regarding where you can see a Bullitt, I don't know if there will be any big car shows in the area but my guess is you'll be out of luck. Dealers won't be getting them until end of June at the earliest and the only other show I can think of where Ford would show a Bullitt would be Ford Nationals in Pennsylvania in the first week of June, which is too late for you as well as being super far from Kansas. Sorry but I hope you enjoy your trip!
Sponsored