Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Xmas is coming.... keep your eyes out :)

I have had the Wifi unit in my car for over 3yrs. Most recent "idle time" was 12 days whilst we were at SEMA. Came home and car started right away. The Wifi unit does not drain power unless you hooked it up directly to the battery?

As above, Xmas is coming so look out for some deals soon.
Any Black Friday Specials? Still waiting..
Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So are you going to be offering a combo deal for the front and rear anytime soon? I'm interested in both
ditto that... also, do you offer the combo with a color shift for both front and back??

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

flying dutchman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.microseconds.com
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT / 1966 GT Convertable
I'm a little bit at a loss. I have tried to contact XLUME though their website and via PM here, but have NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE. I have had my glow pony less than a year and the chrome finish is totally peeling off (see pictures). Also, it was supposed to be black finish to start, but has gotten more shiny chrome over time. May be this will get their attention. All I am looking for is some customer service... Order # R835127919

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Mine is doing the same thing pictured above but not as bad yet. Xlume sent me a new badge to replace it already but I haven't gotten around to it. Hoping this doesnt happen to that one too.

Surprised at no response though, their customer service was the quickest and easiest I've ever encountered before.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a little bit at a loss. I have tried to contact XLUME though their website and via PM here, but have NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE. I have had my glow pony less than a year and the chrome finish is totally peeling off (see pictures). Also, it was supposed to be black finish to start, but has gotten more shiny chrome over time. May be this will get their attention. All I am looking for is some customer service... Order # R835127919

Kind of looks like a stanginator badge... Everytime I am almost sold on buying one I hear of another issue like this and I pull back......It's a lot of work to get these intstalled.. don't want to keep having to swap out badges....

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Kind of looks like a stanginator badge... Everytime I am almost sold on buying one I hear of another issue like this and I pull back......It's a lot of work to get these intstalled.. don't want to keep having to swap out badges....
Installing it isnt hard, its removing/replacing it that I've been procrastinating on lol. Removing the 3M tape and residue is not going to be fun. I almost want to just buy a new decklid :lol:

OP
OP
Xlume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
Well you certainly got my attention! Point #1 i'd like to make is that we dont live on M6G and therefore may only visit here once a week or so, (the pm was only sent 3 days ago) so for that delay i apologise. I have not yet received an email from the office administrator that you have made contact, so on that, apologies again. I will ensure i chase this up immediately.

As for the fault shown, we have had 3 companies in the past that provide the chrome plating on our badges and as evidenced here the third company has also failed. We are increasingly frustrated at the lack of quality from our suppliers who promise the world and deliver nothing. It appears that the bond coat applied prior to plating was ineffective or insufficient to do its job. Touch wood the current company seems to have it sorted.

For the record, we provide a full 12mths warranty on all our products (and potentially beyond depending on the problem). We take great pride in always striving to maintain customer satisfaction and will do our best to resolve any issues.

Xlume

OP
OP
Xlume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
We do our best in replying as soon as we humanly can.
We do prefer email over anything other form of contact as it easy to track back.
That being said I take responsibility as i didnt forward your email to Rob which i received yesterday.

I will warrant all our products, as Rob has pointed out. We have done extensive testing on our current batch, and are happy with the results.

Regards,

Dan

Sponsored

Sloan91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Performance Pack
I had the same issue as the above pictured and emailed:
[email protected]
and recevied a very quick response. They had a new badge in the mail in 2 days.

Extremely happy with their customer service. Always get compliments on my Illuminated Mustang Ponybadge!!

I am hoping the 3rd company's chrome plating works well!!

flying dutchman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.microseconds.com
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow GT / 1966 GT Convertable
Well you certainly got my attention! Point #1 i'd like to make is that we dont live on M6G and therefore may only visit here once a week or so, (the pm was only sent 3 days ago) so for that delay i apologise. I have not yet received an email from the office administrator that you have made contact, so on that, apologies again. I will ensure i chase this up immediately.

As for the fault shown, we have had 3 companies in the past that provide the chrome plating on our badges and as evidenced here the third company has also failed. We are increasingly frustrated at the lack of quality from our suppliers who promise the world and deliver nothing. It appears that the bond coat applied prior to plating was ineffective or insufficient to do its job. Touch wood the current company seems to have it sorted.

For the record, we provide a full 12mths warranty on all our products (and potentially beyond depending on the problem). We take great pride in always striving to maintain customer satisfaction and will do our best to resolve any issues.

Xlume
Thank you!

CYBERDIM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
I had an issue with my GT badge from X-Lume. When I reach out to them they were quick, responsive and very professional. I also tried the competitors lighted badge previously and it doesn’t even compare the service and quality of the X-Lume. If you planning to go with a lighted badge for your Mustang, I highly recommend their products.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
If the grille you are talking about is the one with the "stable" surrounding the pony badge then yes our badge does fit. Post a pic of your grille just be sure though.

No plans for the circle rear badges..... there is actually 4 different pieces to that badge and given the very low volume of potential sales it wont be worth making it (mold costs alone are $5k). Dual intensity.... we'll talk to Diode Dynamics about it (they make our boards) and see if they can make a LED board that works.
+1 for dual intensity GT emblem!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
We do our best in replying as soon as we humanly can.
We do prefer email over anything other form of contact as it easy to track back.
That being said I take responsibility as i didnt forward your email to Rob which i received yesterday.

I will warrant all our products, as Rob has pointed out. We have done extensive testing on our current batch, and are happy with the results.

Regards,

Dan
Being a potential future customer, I applaud your customer service, quick responses, warranty and putting the customer first and foremost.

The only questions I have:

1) If the product has been manufactured by now (3) different suppliers, were those products (now known as defective units) removed from the supply chain and stock or is it likely customers could receive a defective unit without the knowledge of it *possibly* being defective, until it delaminates?

2) This question may ride on the answer of #1 above, but if the product is now being manufactured for you by another supplier, does it have revised part numbers so that you know you’ve packaged the most recent revision for resale (and maybe so the consumer knows they are getting the most recent revision)?

3) Extensive testing is ...? The units for the front grille would suffer the most abuse (weather, road debris, bug impacts, etc), is the testing process like using a power washer or something similar to a small sand blaster to induce similar wear/tear conditions experienced by the part on a daily driver?

Great company and product - been following all of the positive threads and comments for some time now. The part is definitely reminiscent of the original illuminated Pony & Corral offered in the 60’s. :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.