Xlume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
I'm in the exact same boat and considering chances are that the chrome plating on mine will fail in the exact same way I probably never will. If it's so clear that there are production errors with the first badges then imho they should have all been replaced by default.
As stated previously, not all badges from batch 1 have or will fail. If yours does we will replace it.
Sponsored

Sloan91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Performance Pack
Has anyone installed one of these on a 2018 Mustang?
I removed my light up pony from my 2016 GT and want to put it on the new ride. Just want to make sure there wont be any roadblocks.

OP
OP
Xlume

Xlume

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.x-lume.com
Vehicle(s)
JEEP
Has anyone installed one of these on a 2018 Mustang?
I removed my light up pony from my 2016 GT and want to put it on the new ride. Just want to make sure there wont be any roadblocks.
We have just recently installed one on a 2018 model. You will need to remove the front bumper bar in order to access the locating pins for the badge as the usual access from the top is now blocked off. Otherwise installation is the same as previous models.

X-Lume

bluto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Can these be made to flash when braking? Ideally flash when braking and solid red when stopped...

Sponsored

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Can these be made to flash when braking? Ideally flash when braking and solid red when stopped...
You would need to have a "motion box" to know when the car is stopped or something connected to the speedometer to know when its at 0. There is some 3rd brake lights that flash a few times then go solid or just keep flashing (F1 idea I think). This is just a light to connect to a power source of your choice. Do you have an example of what you are requesting? I have not heard of that and would be interested to know.

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Uhh I like this idea, and I think it will be possible. But U need a technerd, so make it so I guess. As U will need power from the brakelights, but have if do two different things, depending on the car is moving or not.
Mine is wired a way that gives me different options. I ran the wires from the back, to the driver seat area, so I can switch between modes. Modes are these:
Off
On, with licence plate (same as my LED sidemarkers)
On
On, when braking.

bluto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
You would need to have a "motion box" to know when the car is stopped or something connected to the speedometer to know when its at 0. There is some 3rd brake lights that flash a few times then go solid or just keep flashing (F1 idea I think). This is just a light to connect to a power source of your choice. Do you have an example of what you are requesting? I have not heard of that and would be interested to know.
yeah, that's the idea, but I',m not technical enough to make it happen without a parts kit, instructions, youtube, etc...

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
yeah, that's the idea, but I',m not technical enough to make it happen without a parts kit, instructions, youtube, etc...
Best you can probably do for these is get a cheap 3rd brake light that strobes or strobes a few times then full on, take the module out of it that handles the effects and wire it in place. The wiring should be fairly straight forward the cheap 3rd brake light should have a positive and negative like these do. I myself do not know of anything that strobes until stopped, so I wouldnt be able to even speculate on how that works. Good luck!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Coupe x2, 2015 Ecoboost in black
wanted to find out if there will be any sales codes for black friday this year @X-Lume

CJ Pony parts aren't listing the front colorshift either.

Sponsored

bluto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
If I were any of you and really want this make sure to buy from CJ or someone in the US. I bought it direct form x-lume on July 29 and it took until October 15 for them to ship it. I'm sure corona significantly contributed to the delay and don't blame them for that, but some clearer communication and timelines would have been nice.

More importantly, they sent me the wrong item. I ordered a shadow chrome decklid pony and received shiny chrome instead. I emailed them a few times with no response. Since they are in Australia, shipping it back for a refund should be on their dime, which is maybe why they are ignoring me.

In any case, while I haven't even installed mine (and will sell it on this board if I don't hear back from them soon), it does seem like a nice quality product. Again, I did not install and light it up so I cannot attest to the actual functionality.

In summary: yet another nice product from an iffy company. Would maybe buy the item, but certainly not from the manufacturer direct.

swtazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt
I have had two chrome ones. Chrome comes off and the badges don’t last long... :(

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Same here. My wife's car has had 2 or 3 now and the plating has come off of every one.

I also agree with @bluto that communication with them is very difficult to say the least. I emailed them and pm'd them in January and got a response finally in August...

Great product concept, but their partnerships with those who plate for them has not been successful, and it seems customer service is waning as well.

Elvis67

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19gt ..19 ss 72 chevelle
I had two of them..both failed .better off with the one from Ford

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
They've had issues with plating from the start... almost pulled the trigger twice, but feedback from this forum made me pause...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.