- Shaker pro sound system with 12 speakers and sub-woofer

- Autonomous Emergency Braking
- Lane departure warning & lane keep assist
- Glovebox/passenger knee airbag
- Adaptive cruise control
- Auto levelling headlamps
- Auto high beam

Just some quick stuff i've typed out.
They managed to the get the manual under LCT threshold which is definitely a mental barrier to beat imo. Also his post is in response to someone asking if Active Exhaust is standard hence why he says "Also standard!" at the beginning of his post :)
Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Anchor posted the specs in the other thread

They managed to the get the manual under LCT threshold which is definitely a mental barrier to beat imo. Also his post is in response to someone asking if Active Exhaust is standard hence why he says "Also standard!" at the beginning of his post :)

Thanks. It seems Ford AU have the pricing at a reasonable level, given the Standard AU Spec. Although it seems to have lost the Performance Package.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
You sure of that? Low 50's for a GT? Unless the dealer is willing to lose a fair hunk of money or it's an ex-service loaner I can't see that happening..

If I advertise something ridiculously cheap already discounted, that isn't my indicative price, it's the price i'll sell it at.

You're all blaming Ford when it's just as much the consumers fault as well..
FYI - there's no official incentives from Ford to help the dealers on Mustangs apart from the warranty. So those discounts are the dealers and not the manufacturer at all.

I bet i'm going to get flamed for this comment :frusty:
I just spoke to someone yesterday that was stoked, because he paid just under $54k for Auto GT a few months ago. He also said that if he didn't care about colour, he could have got another k off. For Vic, an auto GT with metallic paint, is listed on Ford's build your own at $66k.

Sponsored

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Initially, the brand new GT Autos were listed at $54 k with no mention of repaired hail damage. That came a couple of days later.
Still one or two auto at $54 k with no mention of hail damage. Other autos begin at $56.
5 year warranty.
Nice buying and you still haven't bent the dealer over yet.

Mikeybrah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Starting with the V8, pricing for the Mustang GT starts at $62,990 before on-roads, for which you get access to a 339kW/556Nm (33kW/26Nm up from the previous gen) 5.0-litre engine coupled with a manual ‘box.

This, by the way, is 4kW and 13Nm less than the US-spec Mustang GT.

I wonder why we are down on power by a bee's d!ck?

Last edited:

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
They measure power differently to Euro.

Also potentially headers again. Power steering or something gets in the way on the RHD model or at least did with the 2015-17 model

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Starting with the V8, pricing for the Mustang GT starts at $62,990 before on-roads, for which you get access to a 339kW/556Nm (33kW/26Nm up from the previous gen) 5.0-litre engine coupled with a manual ‘box.

This, by the way, is 4kW and 13Nm less than the US-spec Mustang GT.

I wonder why we are down on power by a bee's d!ck?
Who know's? But stock auto MY18s are running Easy low 12's in the states v high 12's for MY17. ( AUS spec MY16/17 mid/low 13's) That's impressive. Now that our MY18 cars are close to US in power, the diff from MY16/17 should be very noticeable.

Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
I'll have to plead ignorance and ask what it's missing that the 2017 had?
Hi Hornet,

Hopefully the Performance Pkg specs will carry over to the new 2018 spec, however, the AU 2015-17 (FM) GT got the US Performance Pkg standard:

* Bigger Wheels: 255/40R19 front, 275/40R19 rear
* Bigger Brakes: 380 x 34mm Ventilated Front Rotors - 6 Piston Brembo
330 x 25mm Rear Ventilated
* Heavy Duty Front Springs
* K Brace (Engine Bay)
* "Unique Chasis Tuning"
* Larger Rear Sway Bar
* Improved Cooling - Larger Radiator

Cheers

Last edited:

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Oh, got you now. Yeah it'd be a bit strange if they dropped the Brembo's etc but i'm hoping that since it's got mroe stuff packed in and they've upped the price then that means they haven't skimped and kept the PP. If we got those cool new extras like the exhaust etc and no price change then i'd definitely be suspicious something was dropped

I think i did read somewhere that the 2018 had better bracing underneath too over the 2015-17 but perhaps that was only related to the Independent Rear Suspension

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
I'll go against the forum grain and state that the two extras, digi dash and the exhaust, can't really be judged as 5.5K more over a RRP for a MY17.

62K for a stocky MY18 drive-away will be what I'd suspect skilled negotiators would be paying.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I'll go against the forum grain and state that the two extras, digi dash and the exhaust, can't really be judged as 5.5K more over a RRP for a MY17.

62K for a stocky MY18 drive-away will be what I'd suspect skilled negotiators would be paying.
Going against the grain is fine. But did you actually read the list of stuff that they have added to our MY18. Very extensive and then there's the extra 50hp+. I suggest you read that list again and do the sums. $62k may well be attainable in due course, if Ford/dealers don't change their way's.

MotorFF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Going against the grain is fine. But did you actually read the list of stuff that they have added to our MY18. Very extensive and then there's the extra 50hp+. I suggest you read that list again and do the sums. $62k may well be attainable in due course, if Ford/dealers don't change their way's.
Bit more power is well and good but that is simply a by-product of technology advancement. I do not judge that as an extra per se - its a nice bonus though don't get me wrong.
If people look at power bump as an $$ worthy extra then you could judge a new design as an extra when its not - its simply keeping up with the times.

I did forget about the safety tech as extra though. That's a few dollars there.

Ford in general will push the volume, they understand that Mustang is just another number on the board. I truly believe come Mar/Apr 2019 and this MY18 will be sub 60K drive-away, since forums will be full of future "S650" prototypes sightings.
Sponsored