Sponsored

I hate to bust everyone's bubble

Slaughter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
The Ford Flatrock assembly plant was shut down last Friday for 2 weeks to upgrade a portion of their assembly line. Let the whining begin! :doh:
Sponsored

jesse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT vert
Do you have any idea when this was planned or what is being changed? Will it have any impact/change to the vehicles produced? Thanks for the info.

OP
OP

Slaughter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Do you have any idea when this was planned or what is being changed? Will it have any impact/change to the vehicles produced? Thanks for the info.
It has been in the works for sometime , they are upgrading the final end of the line where they do the diagnostics of the vehicles , they moved the date up . I can't go into details, only impact is that it will add about 2 weeks to any vehicle that is currently in production or scheduled to be. I'm looking to order mine soon but I'm not in any hurry , we just got another 2" of snow, plus the pp2 cars are not being run yet.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
So...if they are "Awaiting shipment" would they be affected by this? That has been the status of mine since 1/18.

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
a car is only on a the line for several days , I believe they run 50+ vehicles off the line per hour
Indeed but I assume there are some steps/lead time after the last screw is tightened. Hopefully it was out of the factory before it was shut down.

OP
OP

Slaughter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
So...if they are "Awaiting shipment" would they be affected by this? That has been the status of mine since 1/18.
The shut down only affects cars still on the line or those not yet started.
You being in Fla. your car will probably get shipped by rail, it leaves the plant by 18 wheeler , to a rail yard {just down the road} , it can sit there for up to a week before being loaded , then the trip to Fla. with quite a few stops along the way to a rail yard in Fla., then back on a truck to the dealer that you purchased from.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
The shut down only affects cars still on the line or those not yet started.
You being in Fla. your car will probably get shipped by rail, it leaves the plant by 18 wheeler , to a rail yard {just down the road} , it can sit there for up to a week before being loaded , then the trip to Fla. with quite a few stops along the way to a rail yard in Fla., then back on a truck to the dealer that you purchased from.
Well...my EDD is 2/10 so hopefully it's already in transit and COTUS is just being its usual unreliable self.

Sponsored

jygoalkeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
My EDD was 2/7 - car was built on 1/24. On 2/7 my EDD disappeared (sigh). It's just waiting for a ride... Assume it will be updated Sunday night or Monday when production starts again.

Sade2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge, 2016 Focus RS, On order 2018 GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe that´s the reason why my built-date went from 2/13 to 2/26 three weeks ago?!?

Saddled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 5.0 Coupe
a car is only on a the line for several days , I believe they run 50+ vehicles off the line per hour
My Lightning Blue GT was in production on January 3 and was awaiting shipment on January 9. Six days.
In transit on February 6. Delivered Thursday (Feb 8).

I'm glad I didn't know about the COTUS nail-biting system. ;)

KSVENOM70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang CS/GT
I can confirm that today production started up again. Yesterday my car was in Order Processing and this morning it progressed to In Production. Estimated dealer arrival is 3/4. I'll keep tracking through COTUS and provide updates.

FabTbird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Did you confirm in production with cotus of other means?
Sponsored