Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
For anyone who’s gotten their 18, can you confirm whether or not it has a frameless rear view mirror and take a pic? Having a tough time finding one

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
For anyone who’s gotten their 18, can you confirm whether or not it has a frameless rear view mirror and take a pic? Having a tough time finding one
Yes it does

IMG_6866.JPG

IMG_6867.JPG

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic

Sponsored

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
the black box is for the safe and smart package and has 2 cameras i believe in it. one for windshield wipers, one for lane control. i dont think if you put a window strip on the window it would affect it as long as you go around the black box.

tonyd1

US NAVY,US ARMY,USCG-RET
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Ruby Red PP,Automatic
What is that huge black box thing behind the rearview mirror - autonomous braking?
I think it's the radar dectar for the collision assist system, I think-that's why I asked if window tint will affect the effect of that system.

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
Are the interior lights LED in the ‘18 now?
no they are not, i switched them out already, they were just the normal bulbs in there from factory.

Sponsored

Zeke.Malvo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach1
Ford may consider that mirror "frameless", but it's clearly got a grey frame around it. Gotta love marketing...
Yeah that is a stretch on their marketing's part. I rented a small Cadillac CUV a few weeks ago, that had a frameless mirror. Looked really cool.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Radar

I think it's the radar dectar for the collision assist system, I think-that's why I asked if window tint will affect the effect of that system.
I believe the Radar is still in the usual place in the Lower Grill. Probably the same as the one for Adaptive Cruise Control. Just Optical Sensors in the Windshield.

(However, it does look like it is large enough to House a Radar Antenna the size of the ACC Antenna - although the Angle would seem wrong)

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Ford may consider that mirror "frameless", but it's clearly got a grey frame around it. Gotta love marketing...
That's just the glass edge they have sanded down to make sure light doesn't enter from the side and prevent relfections on the rounded edges from any light source.

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
That's just the glass edge they have sanded down to make sure light doesn't enter from the side and prevent relfections on the rounded edges from any light source.
Exactly, the problem with the cadillac frameless mirror, is that there is a lot of reflection from the edge
Sponsored