Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I'd pay to swap in the gloss black piece. Looks much better. Hopefully someone offers it next year.
I guess it would be much cheaper to just let a bodyshop paint it. But when both grilles are glossy, the diffusor and splitters should also be glossy too. If Chevy can paint all their plastic parts, Ford should do too :)

I added some more shots of the EU model shown at Autoworld
112.jpg
113.jpg
114.jpg
115.jpg
116.jpg
Sponsored

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
The more I look at the new grill I personally think both upper and lower should be gloss or flat, not mixed. The design element of all lower surrounding plastic pieces (front splitter, sides and rear valence) being flat and the entire grill (upper and lower) and rear panel gloss makes more sense if it were my car.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
You have any idea how long it'll be on display ?
The show runs until 28th of January and from what I understood the 2018 will be there all the way till the end. Autoworld is worth a visit for their static show alone already, but they currently have a temporary addition with a whole series of classic American cars.

http://www.autoworld.be/expos-en-71-major-exposition--american-dream-cars--bikes

Are the wheel curtain vents gloss too? Kinda looks like it.
I checked and they were not painted. You barely notice that though. The painted lower grille makes a big difference.

The biggest discovery I made today is that the new front end looks pretty cool up close and starts looking saggy the further you get away from the car.

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
That does make sense, although it still seems nobody likes how it turned out.

Actually Ford Europe is currently showing their Orange Fury Fastback in a car show at the Autoworld museum in Brussels and I noticed when I went to see it today that they have painted the bottom grille/insert gloss black too.

I think this is just a one off treatment to spice up the demo car though.
Glossy looks nice but i think it will show stonechips very fast in this very low position

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
have said it before but will say it one last time, those wheels though. In my opinion they do not match the car at all.
Well I beg to differ. Those wheels are to me a modern take on the classic torque thrust wheels that I had on my 65'. They piss all over most of the other offerings and on the orange fury they will become a classic. I think that you should keep to your word and make it the last time.

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Well I beg to differ. Those wheels are to me a modern take on the classic torque thrust wheels that I had on my 65'. They piss all over most of the other offerings and on the orange fury they will become a classic. I think that you should keep to your word and make it the last time.
Each to his own but on a performance car, with forged wheels(an extra option on top o that) that comes with an offset similar to a granny car ..... Not only is the offset causing the wheels to be to much into the wells, but it also makes the car to appear to sit higher and also causes the wheels to look smaller.
offset_1.PNG
offset_2.PNG
offset_3.PNG
offset_4.PNG

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Each to his own but on a performance car, with forged wheels(an extra option on top o that) that comes with an offset similar to a granny car ..... Not only is the offset causing the wheels to be to much into the wells, but it also makes the car to appear to sit higher and also causes the wheels to look smaller.
Absolutely agree but this is easily fixable with a set of 25mm spacers up front and 20mm in the rear.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
This is why you get aftermarket wheels where you control the size and offset and stop screwing around with heavy OEM wheels. Easy solution.
Sponsored