Sponsored

Potential GT buyer

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
287 is not a lot and with the price of the 18 any haggling will be limited, plus lets see how good or droopy the 18 front end is in the flesh
Sponsored

LJBrowny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
S197 GT, 1965 Coupe
How much deposit are dealers asking for to secure a MY18 'Stang and is it refundable?

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
How much deposit are dealers asking for to secure a MY18 'Stang and is it refundable?
My dealer didn't want a deposit until I changed the colour to Kona blue. If your order would be considered by them to be generic enough to be sold as stock they shouldn't need a deposit.

If you do want something out of the ordinary (unusual colour choice, Recaros, etc) then I doubt any deposit would be refundable. That's kind of the point, to make sure you're serious.

*Edit* Oh, and I handed over £500.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
All they can keep - to my knowledge - are justifiable expenses incurred from your cancelled order. Don't take that as gospel however...i've been wrong before.

LJBrowny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
S197 GT, 1965 Coupe
Thanks Paul, £500 isn't much in the grand scheme of things and price of the car. Kona would be first choice, then Lightning I think - wouldn't spec the Recaro seats tbh

Sponsored

Snap On Pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
S550GT 2017MY Grabber Blue
Still 287 MY17 Mustangs for sale according to the Trust Ford website. With the MY18 landing in early 2018, I reckon deals will be had with some haggling after Xmas.

Not sure how truthful this site is...and its only one dealer portal i guess..?
Out of 30 Grabber Blue cars, there was not one Auto..plus i wanted all the toys..

So i am glad i have grabbed mine...saved a packet and picking up in 2 weeks time..
Got it at a price it would of been over a year ago...and taken advantage of the £140 a year Road Tax..

No 2018 model will qualify for that i reckon..! Dont like the front end of the 2018, nor the dash, nor the close on £50k for my spec.. so made my decision.. :headbang:

Cant wait to pick it up, its a 100 mile drive home...and give it a wash lol..!

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
Not sure how truthful this site is...and its only one dealer portal i guess..?
Out of 30 Grabber Blue cars, there was not one Auto..plus i wanted all the toys..

So i am glad i have grabbed mine...saved a packet and picking up in 2 weeks time..
Got it at a price it would of been over a year ago...and taken advantage of the £140 a year Road Tax..

No 2018 model will qualify for that i reckon..! Dont like the front end of the 2018, nor the dash, nor the close on £50k for my spec.. so made my decision.. :headbang:

Cant wait to pick it up, its a 100 mile drive home...and give it a wash lol..!
This is the positive aspect of ordering now. There's the 2018 if you think the extras are good value (like I do), or the 2017 if you don't. Everyone's a winner :cheers:

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
Thanks Paul, £500 isn't much in the grand scheme of things and price of the car. Kona would be first choice, then Lightning I think - wouldn't spec the Recaro seats tbh
Yeah, the £500 comes of the price of the car anyway, it isn't an extra cost.

I originally ordered lightning blue, but I love the forged wheels (I think the 5 x 2 spoke look is really classic) and the darker Kona blue sets them off better to my eye.

I wanted Recaros initially, but the heated/cooled seats that come with the custom packs are the one comfort concession for my partner. They're also a lot cheaper.

Avdb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Lotus, Raptor
I also paid 500 deposit

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay, I will admit the front end of the 18 looks good here, the guy even says it looks better here than previous online shots. Love the wheels and the colour really works. Still not a fan of the spoiler and bonnet vents though

[ame]

Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Its also upper £40ks....and £500+ a year road tax..!
Actually, a GT with no additional extras will still fall in the £140 a year catagory.

Otherwise, it’s £450 a year for the next 5 years before going back to £140

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually, a GT with no additional extras will still fall in the £140 a year catagory.

That's correct

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt

Yes it's a lot extra to consider along with that now huge initial sum when your stang's a hobby not a daily :)

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Yes it's a lot extra to consider along with that now huge initial sum when your stang's a hobby not a daily :)
Whatever is right for you.

If I still had my 16, I wouldn’t even consider an 18.

Since I don’t, the pull for the 18 (with all the additional toys and great looks) was too strong. An extra £310 for first five years I think is well worth it
Sponsored