Sponsored

Camaro giant leaps, Mustang just enough (SS vs. GT)

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You can't win magazine races like that! Stock performance is all that matters!
And it's not fair if you're a better driver and win that way!! :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Well to be fair they said it could be spring rates, sway bar rates, shock valving, hub stiffness, steering feedback programming, brake design, caster/camber and toe settings, subframe bushing stiffness...basically, everything EXCEPT for chassis stiffness. LOL!! I guess you would have to give credit to Chevy for making a vehicle with the same chassis stiffness as the GTPP yet can convincingly outcorner the Mustang by a large degree.
I realize you’re being a smartass, and I don’t know about comparative chassis stiffness, but I think it is better to praise GM for actually spending the effort to do such a good job tuning all those other aspects, plus adding the necessary cooling required for track use. The chassis may or may not be much better, but they have lately been doing a very good job on all those other areas on many of their vehicles.

-T

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
Take a base 17 GT.. Dump less then $10k into it and now you have a killer track car. Or just upgrade the stock 235 18 inchers to 275/305's and feel the difference. Personally I think Ford is bang on with "build it however you want" and gave the customer an excellent platform in which to do just that.
Or you could just buy a 1LE, change the brake fluid, head over to the road course and lap all day. That's the point. I don't want to dump 10K into a car I just bought. I'm happy to have my warranty intact and all the proper parts already in place. Different strokes I guess... I enjoy some light aesthetic mods, but don't enjoy spending thousands on new wheels, suspension, etc.

I think if a road course is in the cards, then what you suggest for the GT might be the best bet as of now. It's kinda unfortunate. I really like the Mustang and wish that the current offerings were more track focused. I know I am the minority and most people don't care, but I do, so I went with another 1LE. We will see how the PP2 does.

The GT350 is great and all, but the pricing is a big turn off.

toplesstripcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 50th Mustang GT vert, '03 yellow Evo
Or you could just buy a 1LE, change the brake fluid, head over to the road course and lap all day. That's the point. I don't want to dump 10K into a car I just bought. I'm happy to have my warranty intact and all the proper parts already in place. Different strokes I guess... I enjoy some light aesthetic mods, but don't enjoy spending thousands on new wheels, suspension, etc.

I think if a road course is in the cards, then what you suggest for the GT might be the best bet as of now. It's kinda unfortunate. I really like the Mustang and wish that the current offerings were more track focused. I know I am the minority and most people don't care, but I do, so I went with another 1LE. We will see how the PP2 does.

You are correct about different strokes for different folks.
For me I don't really care if a car can run a lap 0.5 sec faster than another or has magneride or any of that excess stuff. And I see what you mean about having everything from the factory. But to me the fun of having a car is making it your own. I wouldn't like it as much if I have a car and a large number of other people have the exact same car. I like to customize, I like to upgrade parts to make the car my own.
Also how many of us actually track our cars. I probably won't ever race on a track. My other car, an Evo of all cars, has never been to a track either. You would think the type of car the Evo is it would have been.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP

I'm sorry to say, but Ford doesn't really care about people like you. Most of their money is made on cars that will never see any type of track duty whatsoever.

With that said...if I needed a car that could be hotlapped all day at my local road course...the 1LE would be right up there on my list. There is nothing wrong with that decision.

Sponsored

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
Again there's nothing wrong with his car. Any car can beat any car anytime. All I did was out launch and out shift him. Simple as that.
Then "you" beat him. Had nothing to do with the car.

Syphon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Corvette
So I posted up some new videos on A8 Camaros vs the new A10 Mustangs on here. Looks like someone was butthurt and removed them. Stay classy M6G.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
If it was street racing i could see why it was pulled.
It was. He's just trying to feel victimized. I'm sure he made a big post over on the Chevrolet forum about it.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
So I posted up some new videos on A8 Camaros vs the new A10 Mustangs on here. Looks like someone was butthurt and removed them. Stay classy M6G.
If I won a Camaro, I would trade it in on a Vette, or a Mustang.

I can't tell you how embarrassed I am for people who drive that sh!t ugly transformer inspired car. It is hideous.

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Kinda like this guy?
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94948

LOL! I think people on both sides have lost their minds with the 18 GT coming out! I can see the mags milking this for every single red cent.
Well, from what I understand, there were probably 2 important differences between his experience and yours - his videos didn't include any prohibited content (street racing), and even though yours did, you weren't banned.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Then "you" beat him. Had nothing to do with the car.
It shows that the cars are close enough to be a driver's race, if nothing else. It's very fair in this conversation where everyone is quoting magazine numbers and pretending like the performance differences between the Camaro and Mustang are huuuuge.

It doesn't matter how good of a driver you are if you are in a slow car you will lose.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Well, from what I understand, there were probably 2 important differences between his experience and yours - his videos didn't include any prohibited content (street racing), and even though yours did, you weren't banned.
Neither of the videos were mine actually. I was just pointing out that we do the same things over here that they do over there. He got banned because he trolled, then restarted a thread with the sole purpose to troll and posted a street racing video in it. The same thing would happen here. The guy over here didn't get banned because he wasn't trolling. Or at least he wasn't blatant about it. If guys from other forums came over here and were obviously trolling, would you want them to be allowed to stay or would you prefer them getting booted?

It shows that the cars are close enough to be a driver's race, if nothing else. It's very fair in this conversation where everyone is quoting magazine numbers and pretending like the performance differences between the Camaro and Mustang are huuuuge.

It doesn't matter how good of a driver you are if you are in a slow car you will lose.
Lets be real here. The 15-17s DID have a significant difference between them. Significant enough that with equal drivers the Camaro was a guaranteed win. We all know a better driver will beat a poor driver. That has been beat to death over and over again. But we all know that the Camaro had the performance advantage for a while now. Just like the GT had the advantage from 11-14. Equal drivers in the 11-14s was a sure win for the GT.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Lets be real here. The 15-17s DID have a significant difference between them. Significant enough that with equal drivers the Camaro was a guaranteed win. We all know a better driver will beat a poor driver. That has been beat to death over and over again. But we all know that the Camaro had the performance advantage for a while now. Just like the GT had the advantage from 11-14. Equal drivers in the 11-14s was a sure win for the GT.
There are no guarantees in life and there are no equal drivers. The cars are closer in performance than some want to believe.
Sponsored