Sponsored

Flood Ford ESP - Question

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
Hmmm you're right champion not much cheaper. Whem I first compared several months back I recall their being a bigger difference. Like a couple hundred

5 year 75k is only 25 bucks or so cheaper

Is the 5 years from when you buy or when car went in service? I drive a ton so ext warranty only helps so much but it's still something I'd like to look at.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Is the 5 years from when you buy or when car went in service? I drive a ton so ext warranty only helps so much but it's still something I'd like to look at.
The Ford ESP warranty is the total years from the date of vehicle purchase. So if you bought an 8 year warranty, it's 8 years from date you purchased the car, or same as saying 5 more years after the 3 year factory warranty expires.

Last edited:

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
1 thing I found when I traded my 3 month-old EB for a GT w/PP,the GT warranty was $210 less. The consensus guess is because of the turbo.

Sponsored

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
I bought the Ford "PremiumCARE" ESP when I bought my Mustang. I do it out of habit with each new Ford I buy, and have done so for decades. I go with the 5 year, 100k plan and generally get my money's worth out of it. Since my car has all the bells & whistles plus a soft top, I'll likely get my money's worth out of it at some point.

I will not buy a warranty from any third party vendor. Too many are scams to try and sort out which might be legit.

Factoid that may interest only me, the only car I've ever owned that I lost money on the extended warranty was a 2004 Mercury Sable. That car went 200k without a single mechanical issue at all. Didn't even add refrigerant to the A/C. It had the same powertrain Ford had been using since the late 1980's and apparently they'd worked out all the bugs by the early 2000's. Bought it because it was cheap (sat on dealer lot for 13 months) and just had a 2nd kid. Sold it years later when said children had destroyed the back seat and no self-respecting adult would sit back there.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I am almost positive that the AC will go out at some point. I have noticed the intermittent fan speed variation when AC is on.

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
I am almost positive that the AC will go out at some point. I have noticed the intermittent fan speed variation when AC is on.
That's what's making me consider the warranty. What's the repair typically cost on the a.c. to be replaced ?

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I bought the Ford "PremiumCARE" ESP when I bought my Mustang. I do it out of habit with each new Ford I buy, and have done so for decades. I go with the 5 year, 100k plan and generally get my money's worth out of it. Since my car has all the bells & whistles plus a soft top, I'll likely get my money's worth out of it at some point.
"What´s Not Covered By Ford ESP PremiumCare

Bumpers, glass, moldings, ornamentation, paint, rust, sheet metal, structural underbody framework, sideview mirrors (glass and housing), rearview mirror (glass and housing), wheel covers, studs and ornaments, service adjustments (glass and body parts), convertible top and wheels."

Which brings another question. What about the infamous hood corrosion issues? Looks like ESP says no.

Sponsored

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
"What´s Not Covered By Ford ESP PremiumCare

Bumpers, glass, moldings, ornamentation, paint, rust, sheet metal, structural underbody framework, sideview mirrors (glass and housing), rearview mirror (glass and housing), wheel covers, studs and ornaments, service adjustments (glass and body parts), convertible top and wheels."

Which brings another question. What about the infamous hood corrosion issues? Looks like ESP says no.

When I got my ESP from Ford 6 weeks ago they told me literally everything was covered besides tires and wipers. Including oil changes, headlight bulbs etc

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
When I got my ESP from Ford 6 weeks ago they told me literally everything was covered besides tires and wipers. Including oil changes, headlight bulbs etc
Did you get it in writing?? :doh: Remember, they are salesmen first.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
It's in the contract and this was the head finance guy not the salesman
You do realize that the F&I guy at a dealership is the best and highest paid salesman of all? He makes more money per sale than the car salesman does.
My brother was was an F&I guy for many years.

Find your contract and verify what he told you is in writing. I'd get everything cleared up before you need it.
When he told you everything is covered except tires and wipers, he might have been talking (misleading you) about the factory 3 yr/36,000 warranty. Review closely.

Drek08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
You do realize that the F&I guy at a dealership is the best and highest paid salesman of all? He makes more money per sale than the car salesman does.
My brother was was an F&I guy for many years.

Find your contract and verify what he told you is in writing. I'd get everything cleared up before you need it.
When he told you everything is covered except tires and wipers, he might have been talking (misleading you) about the factory 3 yr/36,000 warranty. Review closely.
I realize that. But no he asked if I wanted the ESP and I asked what it covered and that's when he told me. Got it for 8 years or 100k miles. And dropped my APR .5% as well by getting it
Sponsored