Sponsored

GT350 Track pack Template not to scale

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious if anyone else ran into this problem? The template that came with the spoiler is about 1'' larger from side to side than it should be. I took measurement with a tape and compared them to the measurements on the template just to verify I'm not nuts. Also when laying template on spoiler the holes are off big time. I'm glad I didn't just center it up and start drilling. I contacted the vendor to see if they can mail me a new one. There is no good way to mount it with out the correct template because the alignment pins and studs are attached to the spoiler so you cant fit it and use the strip method. If any one has there old one and is close by bring it over so I can install this bad boy! Beers on me!:cheers:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes this a a OEM ford track pack spoiler and template just like that one. I could write a book on trying to get a track pack spoiler on my car. 1st one I ordered the corners rubbed through the plastic sleeve and wore the paint off, 2ND one was worse than the 1st plus no hardware or template. I actually gave up and ordered a foose spoiler and that came with the paint messed up because they package it to quick after painting and the wrap left a crinkle finish in the paint. So this time I went with a new vendor thats closer to me hoping less time bouncing in a truck would result in a good spoiler. So now all I need is a good template. I have to say all the vendors I dealt with have been awesome and I would buy again from all 3.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The vendor is gonna ship me a good template asap, hopefully soon I can put this mod to bed!

Last edited:

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I used that template. My holes were fine, but the spoiler is about 1/16th inch proud of the back of the trunklid. It's close enough to not bother me.

BTW, I have a pdf of the template if anyone can print it.

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a update! The vendor opened up all the ones they had in stock and all the templates were wrong. They contacted Ford and are having verified templates shipped to them asap. The vendor is shipping me a new complete package once they receive the new template.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
That sucks! Seems like it's common for the gt350 spoilers to get paint rubbed off the high points since mine came like that too. Once you get it on the car, you'll be happy with the look for sure!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update!

I got the new spoiler and template and installed it today.:clap2: The template was to the correct scale but I did file a couple holes out a bit. I'll ost some better pics in my build page when I get a chance.
template.jpg
w3.jpg

Aras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
I ran into the same issue. The OEM template it not printed to the correct scale. Is there a place where I can download it print it myself?

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not that I'm aware of. Benny from Leavitt town ford sent me a new template once they received them. Ford racing is aware of this issue and will send you a new one if you contact them.

AZFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401a GT/PP
I got the new spoiler and template and installed it today.:clap2: The template was to the correct scale but I did file a couple holes out a bit. I'll ost some better pics in my build page when I get a chance.
Looks great! Thanks for posting the side shot. I think that helps me make a decision that the track pack spoiler looks great on black.
Sponsored