Sponsored

How close you think you would be to a Auto hellcat?

Face76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Went from a GT500 to a GT350 then to a M6 Hellcat and the Hellcat is by far the fastest. With stock tires, the HC is very difficult to launch but does its best work higher up once the weight issue begins to matter less. GT350 was a fun car but some health issues forced an early sale. The HC is a very comfortable car to ride and the M6 is a blast to drive.
Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Actually, now that I really listen to it. You started WAY before the HC. You can hear him still blipping the throttle while you're already taking off.

I was pretty sure you didn't know what you were talking about and now, I know.
I wouldn't discredit it completely; he does have another video showing a 13-14 GT500 only pulling a couple lengths by end of 4th, and we know the GT500 is an equal match or actually slightly faster than the hellcat.

So seems pretty reasonable that he could keep up somewhat for a short period, I believe the hellcat probably had some traction issues starting at only 45mph though.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I wouldn't discredit it completely; he does have another video showing a 13-14 GT500 only pulling a couple lengths by end of 4th, and we know the GT500 is an equal match or actually slightly faster than the hellcat.

So seems pretty reasonable that he could keep up somewhat for a short period, I believe the hellcat probably had some traction issues starting at only 45mph though.
I agree the GT500 video is a little better but if you turn up the volume, the 500 also left a moment after the 350 which does make a big difference. Not as bad as the HC where it was almost a full second.

What I've been saying is that these videos don't really support the OPs opinion very well. You can't see when the other car leaves and from the audio, I'd say they were delayed.

OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
I agree the GT500 video is a little better but if you turn up the volume, the 500 also left a moment after the 350 which does make a big difference. Not as bad as the HC where it was almost a full second.

What I've been saying is that these videos don't really support the OPs opinion very well. You can't see when the other car leaves and from the audio, I'd say they were delayed.
Funny. I just saw this. You need to listen again. What you hear is the fact the hellcat jumped and knew it so he back out and in super quick . I only got a 1/2 car out on him before he was fully engaged .What your hearing is his car shifting not letting off the gas. It's his 2nd to 3rd shift . Nice try but a fail on guessing game.
I would show a video of a perfect start but has his license plate in it. To 140 maybe 3 between.

OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
When I still had my GT350 and my first Hellcat my son and I raced. The Hellcat does not have a little more power than the GT350. It has almost 300 horsepower more. 4500 lbs or not, in 4 races the Hellcat destroyed the GT350. We switched cars to eliminate driver being a factor and same results. Our stock leased Hellcat made 732 RWP on the dyno.

The GT350 would MURDER the Hellcat in the turns. I have no doubt of that. In a straight line, no contest.

Umm you may want to look At your post here. Stock Hellcats at best put down around 638-640. Whp
732???? Really? And you think you just got a good one? I doubt a demon has 732 on tires. C'mon man

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Umm you may want to look At your post here. Stock Hellcats at best put down around 638-640. Whp
732???? Really? And you think you just got a good one? I doubt a demon has 732 on tires. C'mon man

To be fair, could be a typo because that is almost exactly 100 off of a typical Hellcat run.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Funny. I just saw this. You need to listen again. What you hear is the fact the hellcat jumped and knew it so he back out and in super quick . I only got a 1/2 car out on him before he was fully engaged .What your hearing is his car shifting not letting off the gas. It's his 2nd to 3rd shift . Nice try but a fail on guessing game.
I would show a video of a perfect start but has his license plate in it. To 140 maybe 3 between.
Regardless of what he did - you were in the gas WOT for a full second before he was even accelerating. I don't play the guessing game, I play the real life game - and from a roll, with no goofed up starts to argue about (the start was horrible.period.) - he would DESTROY you. #reallifegame

526hp isn't slow - so give a 350 a 1 second head start and it's going to take a few seconds for the faster car to reel you in. An even start, from a roll?? - there wouldn't be a moment that he wasn't pulling on you.

Just call it what it is - a bad start on a roll race with 2 fast cars. No need to embellish.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
Regardless of what he did - you were in the gas WOT for a full second before he was even accelerating. I don't play the guessing game, I play the real life game - and from a role, with no goofed up starts to argue about (the start was horrible.period.) - he would DESTROY you. #reallifegame

526hp isn't slow - so give a 350 a 1 second head start and it's going to take a few seconds for the faster car to reel you in. An even start, from a roll?? - there wouldn't be a moment that he wasn't pulling on you.

Just call it what it is - a bad start on a roll race with 2 fast cars. No need to embellish.
You have little to no racing experience. I have over 1000 passes on a dragstrip from a mid 9sec Mustang to an 8.6 all motor short wheelbase hayabusas. When it comes to this, I can school you I gaurantee. Not even close to a 1 sec jump . I'm done. You obviously just love drama. I don't have time for pissing matches with nobodys. Take care son.

OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
And for anyone else. This hellcat ran 11.3 @128.38 mph first time to track and only ran 2 times. Was very crowded. Da was 2900ft . Both went to Dyno. He was 663 sae . I put down 469 sae however , the car kept from advancing timing because I knew nothing of putting the car in Dyno mode so not sure what it really was had I known.

Now this Hellcat has over 900 and we are both heading to the dragstrip Friday. Should be fun. For him :)

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You have little to no racing experience. I have over 1000 passes on a dragstrip from a mid 9sec Mustang to an 8.6 all motor short wheelbase hayabusas. When it comes to this, I can school you I gaurantee. Not even close to a 1 sec jump . I'm done. You obviously just love drama. I don't have time for pissing matches with nobodys. Take care son.
I'm so impressed with you and how much you know about me. I don't even have a GT350, so what do I know?

Not close to 1 sec?? So .9? Delusional.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I went racing in my GT350 on Monday and there wasn't a single Hellcat in sight. Just a bunch of Vette's, Porsches, BMW's, and such. All of which would probably beat the Hellcat... then again I guess it comes down to driver.

:thumbsup:

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Sheesh, rough crowd....2 completely different cars, but a good ol 40 roll is always a nice comparison. The GT350 runs better then expected from a roll because it has long legs, great rpm band. Auto hellkitties run amazing at the strip on a set of tires, but autos can be tricky from a roll, depending on the downshift they are playing catch up, which is what I think of the 1st video.

Patrick, thanks for posting up your vid, keep me coming, good luck at the strip on Friday, see if you can better my 118's/stock/93.

OP
OP

Patrick Dietrich

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 tech package
Sheesh, rough crowd....2 completely different cars, but a good ol 40 roll is always a nice comparison. The GT350 runs better then expected from a roll because it has long legs, great rpm band. Auto hellkitties run amazing at the strip on a set of tires, but autos can be tricky from a roll, depending on the downshift they are playing catch up, which is what I think of the 1st video.

Patrick, thanks for posting up your vid, keep me coming, good luck at the strip on Friday, see if you can better my 118's/stock/93.
Thanks burnin. If your on Facebook find me and send request. I'll send you more vids of this and other comparisons. I enjoy rolls. Even with faster cars. Since this I've stayed beside 2 other completely stock Hellcats and smoked a stingray.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Thanks burnin. If your on Facebook find me and send request. I'll send you more vids of this and other comparisons. I enjoy rolls. Even with faster cars. Since this I've stayed beside 2 other completely stock Hellcats and smoked a stingray.
Sent a friend request :cheers:
Sponsored