Sponsored

2018 Australia

Al_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST, MY19 Mustang GT (Race Red, Manual, Fastback) - Australian Delivery
pen Letter to FoMoCo Australia (also sent to Wheels and Motor Mag)

Good Afternoon,

Please find attached signed contract to buy a motor vehicle (2017 cancelled) , and 2018 (including $500 deposit). So you know this is not BS.

I’m writing to you, as I am concerned that the vehicle I have waited for, and continue to wait for, will not be supplied as ordered.

The Mustang has been a sales success in Australia, however, it remains a one-size-fits-all proposition.
The only three choices being which engine (turbo 4 or V8), body style (coupe or convertible), and transmission (M or A. A only in the drop top).
There are no further options.

I cancelled my original order as it became obvious that Australia would not be receiving the factory spec available in the USA.
This included the bonnet vents after 2016.

While the final product details are yet to be finalised, it seems Australia will miss out again, when the MY18 RHD Mustang is released.

Hey, I applaud the inclusion of the bonnet flutes, 10 speed auto and safety upgrade for next year, but sadly it seems our car is to be hobbled again.

I enjoy the endless speculation on the Mustang6G Forums, but it usually has a little truth somewhere in its threads.
We’ll get the virtual cockpit (digital dash) and the bi-modal (neighbour friendly) quad exhaust (and finally) the tri-bar DTRL. Good start.
But the rest will be as-it-comes.

We got (most of) the Performance Pack goodies (Brembo Brakes, K truss and large radiator) in our build, but there were also some exclusions (Strut brace, Line-lock).
Hopefully you continue to include these, and the other items, as standard next time.

What I’m asking is you make available ALL the options on the new car.
Please keep the current strategy if you must (engine, body, trans), but build a halo car (not a GT350), with everything on it.
The whining in the States about a +$50k USD Mustang. If only.

Here’s the proposal:

BOSS 302 Special (Race Red). Black roof, badges and stripes.
Manual only, with the 3.73 ratio gear set and TORSEN diff.
MagneRide adaptive suspension
The PP2 nine point five and ten inch staggered black (only 19 inch) rims, with big boots 275\305 Michelin PS4S rubber (or Pirelli P Zero Coloured Edition in red)
Additional track pack fluid and brake cooling
RECARO seats and detail stitching (don’t care about heat\cool) In fact, it’s a deal-breaker for me, if they are not included.
Appropriate ESC mode calibration and chassis tune
Carbon trim, gauges and Alcantara GT350 wheel.
Spoiler delete (I’ll put a black carbon lip on the back end).

And keep all the other new Premium additions.
Build 200 (or 500), for sale in the UK, Japan and Aus, fit a numbered build plaque (if you must), and charge accordingly. My contract is open ended as it is (see attached TBC)
Simple.

I’m not even asking for a heart transplant, the (down on US Spec 460hp 420lbft) 320kW 560Nm, 7500 rpm red line 5.0 V8, (which is what it should have been in the first place) will be fine.
I even like the ‘dead ray’ engine cover, just put the strut brace over it.
Clear tail lights and indicators, along with the ‘dumbo’ mirrors, comes with the territory.
Given you will build thousands of these very cars, it doesn’t feel that much to ask for a RHD version.

I wasn’t prepared to spend $65 on a car that I didn’t want, but would be more than happy to put down $75 on this thing when it lands.

OK. Good.

Now, on another matter, my wife has a 2013 Fiesta ST (Race red, never to be sold).
Love this vehicle.
Its only got 17.5k ‘brisk’ kilometres on it. Always put 98RON in the tank.
Just asking if you have a Ford Factory 98RON map for it?
I know our Australian fuel quality is questionable, however, you can only get 91 or 98 now anyway, 95 seems to have disappeared.
Given the cars age, almost 4 years, I’m just looking for a mild upgrade, say 153kW 300Nm (no overboost, just on all the time).
Not interested in the Mountune modifications, just a factory map for the engine (on 98RON).
The new Mazda CX9 (Wheels Car of the year 2017) ‘knows’ when you put 98 fuel in the tank, and automatically tunes for a 16kW increase in power.
I’m sure you guys can do this as well.
My wife and I are looking at entering the Targa Tasmania Tour in 2019, and would like to rally the car. Rules state it must be factory original
Any help would be appreciated.

This car is actually more of a Ford Performance vehicle than the GT Mustang will be.
I’ll be happy to have them side-by-side in the garage.

I look forward to some follow-up, at your convenience.

Take care.

Al_5oh
Sponsored

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
With all due respect, this rant of a letter won't achieve anything.

The spec AU will get will be the spec it gets. If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's as simple as that

Also you mention;

"Hey, I applaud the inclusion of the bonnet flutes, 10 speed auto and safety upgrade for next year, but sadly it seems our car is to be hobbled again.

I enjoy the endless speculation on the Mustang6G Forums, but it usually has a little truth somewhere in its threads.
We’ll get the virtual cockpit (digital dash) and the bi-modal (neighbour friendly) quad exhaust (and finally) the tri-bar DTRL. Good start.
But the rest will be as-it-comes."

Isn't what you're saying here adding to the endless speculation? There has been no announcement as to what the AU 2018 spec will be.

Last edited:

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Especially when things like line lock I heard we didnt get due to local laws.

Its just enabled via OBD2 as well, its not like they made it hard to get back.

Asking for a near top end car because you would personally buy one isn't really a good option.

RHD is the minority in the world, hence we get a far smaller range.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Especially when things like line lock I heard we didnt get due to local laws.
As were the strut brace and bonnet vents I believe.

It can be nice to vent sometimes but don't expect a serious reply if you get one at all. The MY18 specs will have been locked in some time ago, nothing is going to change that for us at this stage and don't be surprised if some of the options other RHD markets get we end up missing out on again. I genuinely won't be surprised if we don't get the adjustable exhaust or bonnet vents.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Keeping options down, is what's kept Mustang price down. You can now buy a GT for $57 D/away. Or even less? Personally, i would have preferred a full spec Mustang GT (no ecoboost), rather than our 3/4 version and accept a higher price. MY18, is what MY16/17 should have been.

Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
However a big benefit of the Mustang is you can aftermarket just about everything, so if you want a bonnet with vents, you can get one. If you want a hood strut, you can get one. Basically the sky is the limit, well more your budget, but not availability of parts.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Thanks for the laugh, I am waiting for the 2018 experts to weigh in about how they know everything about the car. For the original mustang we didn't know what was happening until the 5th of November 2015 when we first saw pictures of the black GT in New Zealand.

Your letter will probably get a good laugh at head office, you will get a response saying thanks for your feedback but that is as far as it will go.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
pen Letter to FoMoCo Australia (also sent to Wheels and Motor Mag)

Good Afternoon,

Please find attached signed contract to buy a motor vehicle (2017 cancelled) , and 2018 (including $500 deposit). So you know this is not BS.

I’m writing to you, as I am concerned that the vehicle I have waited for, and continue to wait for, will not be supplied as ordered.

The Mustang has been a sales success in Australia, however, it remains a one-size-fits-all proposition.
The only three choices being which engine (turbo 4 or V8), body style (coupe or convertible), and transmission (M or A. A only in the drop top).
There are no further options.

I cancelled my original order as it became obvious that Australia would not be receiving the factory spec available in the USA.
This included the bonnet vents after 2016.

While the final product details are yet to be finalised, it seems Australia will miss out again, when the MY18 RHD Mustang is released.

Hey, I applaud the inclusion of the bonnet flutes, 10 speed auto and safety upgrade for next year, but sadly it seems our car is to be hobbled again.

But the rest will be as-it-comes.

We got (most of) the Performance Pack goodies (Brembo Brakes, K truss and large radiator) in our build, but there were also some exclusions (Strut brace, Line-lock).
Hopefully you continue to include these, and the other items, as standard next time.

What I’m asking is you make available ALL the options on the new car.
Please keep the current strategy if you must (engine, body, trans), but build a halo car (not a GT350), with everything on it.
The whining in the States about a +$50k USD Mustang. If only.

Here’s the proposal:

BOSS 302 Special (Race Red). Black roof, badges and stripes.
Manual only, with the 3.73 ratio gear set and TORSEN diff.
MagneRide adaptive suspension
The PP2 nine point five and ten inch staggered black (only 19 inch) rims, with big boots 275\305 Michelin PS4S rubber (or Pirelli P Zero Coloured Edition in red)
Additional track pack fluid and brake cooling
RECARO seats and detail stitching (don’t care about heat\cool) In fact, it’s a deal-breaker for me, if they are not included.
Appropriate ESC mode calibration and chassis tune
Carbon trim, gauges and Alcantara GT350 wheel.
Spoiler delete (I’ll put a black carbon lip on the back end).

And keep all the other new Premium additions.
Build 200 (or 500), for sale in the UK, Japan and Aus, fit a numbered build plaque (if you must), and charge accordingly. My contract is open ended as it is (see attached TBC)
Simple.

I’m not even asking for a heart transplant, the (down on US Spec 460hp 420lbft) 320kW 560Nm, 7500 rpm red line 5.0 V8, (which is what it should have been in the first place) will be fine.
I even like the ‘dead ray’ engine cover, just put the strut brace over it.
Clear tail lights and indicators, along with the ‘dumbo’ mirrors, comes with the territory.
Given you will build thousands of these very cars, it doesn’t feel that much to ask for a RHD version.

I wasn’t prepared to spend $65 on a car that I didn’t want, but would be more than happy to put down $75 on this thing when it lands.

OK. Good.

Now, on another matter, my wife has a 2013 Fiesta ST (Race red, never to be sold).
Love this vehicle.
Its only got 17.5k ‘brisk’ kilometres on it. Always put 98RON in the tank.
Just asking if you have a Ford Factory 98RON map for it?
I know our Australian fuel quality is questionable, however, you can only get 91 or 98 now anyway, 95 seems to have disappeared.
Given the cars age, almost 4 years, I’m just looking for a mild upgrade, say 153kW 300Nm (no overboost, just on all the time).
Not interested in the Mountune modifications, just a factory map for the engine (on 98RON).
The new Mazda CX9 (Wheels Car of the year 2017) ‘knows’ when you put 98 fuel in the tank, and automatically tunes for a 16kW increase in power.
I’m sure you guys can do this as well.
My wife and I are looking at entering the Targa Tasmania Tour in 2019, and would like to rally the car. Rules state it must be factory original
Any help would be appreciated.

This car is actually more of a Ford Performance vehicle than the GT Mustang will be.
I’ll be happy to have them side-by-side in the garage.

I look forward to some follow-up, at your convenience.

Take care.

Al_5oh
this is equal post of the year along with #iamthebigdog.

If they in fact made this car as per your spec it would be hand built not factory built. I would also suggest it would cost north of 100k if not more.. which is a complete waste of money

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
if you gonna write such a long letter, wont it be easier just to ask them to bring in the gt350 ? i'll take that voodoo.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
[ame]

Sponsored

FMGTV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
use to own - "2017 Mustang GT V8 Ruby Red Manual"
Yeh!!! ....it would be great
But vehicles have to comply with ADR rules and I doubt if we will get those options here in Oz to comply for new car reg.
.....doesn't matter what you can do after new car first registration though.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Yeh!!! ....it would be great
But vehicles have to comply with ADR rules and I doubt if we will get those options here in Oz to comply for new car reg.
.....doesn't matter what you can do after new car first registration though.
Well, a lot of euro cars have loud bi-modal exhaust standard. Just listen to a C63s, as an example.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Now that MY18 EU (AU, should be very close to that, like before) Mustang details have been leaked, we can look forward to a very well specked car. Goodies like, more HP, Digital dash,active quad exhaust,collision mitigation, lane assist, Tri-bar DRLs,Led headlights,hood vents etc, will be standard. It will be interesting to see if we get Adaptive cruise/magnetic ride as an option, like EU.
Sponsored