Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Yeah, anyone can do it, but to do it well is the key.
My sister in law drives a manual and sucks at it. Replaces clutches on a Honda Accord every 50,000 miles.
The problem is EVERYONE thinks they are good at it. I bet your sister in laws thinks she's bad ass behind the wheel.
Sponsored

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
If the additional sales resulting from automatic Mustangs being available results in Mustangs continuing to stay in production, I'm all for them. There's a reason Subaru offers the '15+ WRX in auto now... you have to be able to justify the R&D costs via sales figures. This goes for pretty much every other current muscle/sports car available right now.

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
As a 50 year old. That has owned a 50-50 mix of manuals and autos thru out my life. I think the skill involved in shifting a manual transmission is WAAAAY over rated by the manual only crowd. I believe a monkey could be trained to shift a manual. No offense to manual owners. But some guys try to make it sound like it's rocket science. In reality. It's a very simple act that just takes a week or two of practice to get. And a short time longer to perfect.
obviously a monkey cant do it, otherwise people wouldnt want "help" from auto rev matching and hill assist.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
obviously a monkey cant do it, otherwise people wouldnt want "help" from auto rev matching and hill assist.
Kind of silly point. Just because some People want Autonomous self driving cars. Doesn't mean they can't drive!:doh:

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Wow that's a cool spot! Must be the first 2018 setting foot on the European mainland apart from the test car that was at the Euro Ncap test center in June.

The licence plates are Belgian dealer plates and the spot was in a little town in Belgium called Lanaken, just across the Dutch-Belgian border. Hence the Citroen on Dutch plates that was driving next to it.

Working tribar DRLs!

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
Kind of silly point. Just because some People want Autonomous self driving cars. Doesn't mean they can't drive!:doh:
im just playing devils advocate..

why is it everyone wants to fight over opinions.. i have very very plainly stated that I wasnt in any way trying to argue my point, I was literally just curious why auto revving was such a big deal. Now i'm being questioned about skills and all that jazz.... who was it made the statement that they wanted to work on their heel toe so auto revving was needed? oh yeah.

i'm gonna just go ahead and step out of this entire conversation... I could care less what peoples preferences are and what they want to drive, i stated why I like manuals, end of story. From now on, rather than looking for explanations to an opinion ill just assume people are bad drivers and that i must just be the stig.

back on topic of whatever the topic is now, i'm pretty well over being curious.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Do you also still pump the brake instead of trusting the ABS system ?

To each their own I guess, but stop the ridiculous arguments. So let everyone enjoy their car in their own way, the options are there for a reason.
I have no issue with the new stuff and plan on buying a 10 speed auto GT in a year or so.

BUT, some of these things have their problems. ABS caused me to rear end an idiot that slammed on his brakes for a green metering signal on a freeway on ramp. I would have stopped in time if the ABS didn't kick in. I was going maybe 5mph on dry warm concrete when it kicked in and instead of coming to a stop it cycled and let me hit the POS in front of me.

A friend also ended up going off a cliff off road instead of stopping because the ABS kicked in. Unfortunately ABS doesn't work well at low speed with good traction, when a tiny skid or slide would help rather than hurt. Just had to throw my 2 cents in.

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
BUT, some of these things have their problems. ABS caused me to rear end an idiot that slammed on his brakes for a green metering signal on a freeway on ramp. I would have stopped in time if the ABS didn't kick in. I was going maybe 5mph on dry warm concrete when it kicked in and instead of coming to a stop it cycled and let me hit the POS in front of me.

A friend also ended up going off a cliff off road instead of stopping because the ABS kicked in. Unfortunately ABS doesn't work well at low speed with good traction, when a tiny skid or slide would help rather than hurt. Just had to throw my 2 cents in.
5 mph rear end cuz of ABS ? You prolly were following WAY too close don't you think ? In the end that's just material damage, ABS is there for those situations where it would save a life.

And if you go off road or w/e makes you think ABS is unsafe just pull the fuse... And start pumping :p But then you would have to find another fuse to stop the emergency brake assist.

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Wow that's a cool spot! Must be the first 2018 setting foot on the European mainland apart from the test car that was at the Euro Ncap test center in June.

The licence plates are Belgian dealer plates and the spot was in a little town in Belgium called Lanaken, just across the Dutch-Belgian border. Hence the Citroen on Dutch plates that was driving next to it.

Working tribar DRLs!

Great find! Are there more pics on autogespot? Couldn't find the site to the spot :)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Great find! Are there more pics on autogespot? Couldn't find the site to the spot :)
Noooooo, just as I was beginning to come round to the look of the '18, they bring out this photo. The drowsy pose is back im afraid and not a fan of the colour at all. Looks much better from the side through on the latter photos

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
why is it everyone wants to fight over opinions.. i have very very plainly stated that I wasnt in any way trying to argue my point, I was literally just curious why auto revving was such a big deal. Now i'm being questioned about skills and all that jazz.... who was it made the statement that they wanted to work on their heel toe so auto revving was needed? oh yeah.

i'm gonna just go ahead and step out of this entire conversation
Im with you on this and auto rev match option. Some people just come out with nonsensical posts, best to ignore them.
Sponsored