Sponsored

Official: 2018 Mustang GT Has 460HP, 0-60MPH in Under 4.0 Secs; EcoBoost Sub 5-Secs

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Ok future 2018 owners congrats on your new purchases. when i see on the road we'll run em. of course I'm putting down 10 more hp at the rear wheels then what you'll have at the crank I hereby promise to slow up after i pull 7 car lengths on you! I don't do this for camaro owners, they deserve a full thrashing. after all we are brothers and sisters of the same breed....lol
Sponsored

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
One thing I haven't heard about yet with regard to the packages and the order guide is My Mode. There was a video that came out shortly after the reveal back in January where a guy talked about the 12 inch cluster and My Mode. My Mode remembers your active exhaust, steering and throttle control preferences, and with two taps of the Mode switch, loads your preferences when you fire up the car.

It seems like you have to have active exhaust for the exhaust preference (makes sense). But I don't know if you necessarily need to have 401A (with the 12 inch cluster) to be able to save your steering and throttle control settings. The video made it sound like you need the 12 inch cluster for those, but I haven't seen confirmation.

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I don't want to see a comparison where the cars compared have multiple different driver's. Weather matters, repeatable skill level inconsistencies with someone that isn't a pro. It's the dumbest comparison ever. 100% disagree.
Again, I don't know what you're disagreeing with - they only keep the BEST lap as that car's time so it doesn't matter which drivers they have testing it; and again no one's claiming these are the best times that will ever be achieved but they're certainly comparable against each other. And they're certainly a better indication of what any of us are likely to achieve on the same track in those cars, than having some pro take them out.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.......the 12 inch cluster and My Mode. My Mode remembers your active exhaust, steering and throttle control preferences, and with two taps of the Mode switch, loads your preferences when you fire up the car.
If that's true, it's the biggest bunch of horse shit since the Pinto.

You need some new "Mode" so your car remembers what you set things to?

Completely ridiculous. Stupid.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Again, I don't know what you're disagreeing with - they only keep the BEST lap as that car's time so it doesn't matter which drivers they have testing it; and again no one's claiming these are the best times that will ever be achieved but they're certainly comparable against each other. And they're certainly a better indication of what any of us are likely to achieve on the same track in those cars, than having some pro take them out.
Im disagreeing that this is a worth while comparison. It does matter what driver is driving. The inconsistencies with an average driver's vary between them. The worst driver of the group could have gotten a better time depending on the time of day, track conditions ot different day in different weather. These articles are "supposed" to show which is the fastest period, not fastest with varied conditions and skills all over the place riddled with inconsistencies that come with average driver's. So yes, at the,very least you want pros not some guy who thinks he's good. Having roughly 500hrs of road course time myself, you and I will never agree I don't think, you're welcomed to your opinion though. These articles are for sub par drivers and bench racers in my opinion.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
If that's true, it's the biggest bunch of horse shit since the Pinto.

You need some new "Mode" so your car remembers what you set things to?

Completely ridiculous. Stupid.
I don't think so my wife and I drive MY car about equally. I'd look at this feature like memory seating.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
We need a "Mustang Scat pack". All the go fast stuff packaged together without the BS, at a reasonable price.

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
I don't think so my wife and I drive MY car about equally. I'd look at this feature like memory seating.
I don't have the current car, so I don't know.....but I thought people here were saying that any current settings they have revert back to default when they turn their car off.....so that when they get back in, they have to reset to what they want. Maybe that was with regard to the traction control. I can't remember.

If the settings do revert for all three each time you turn the car off, I'd see this like memory seating as well. I wonder if it also remembers the display of the 12 inch cluster as well.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I don't have the current car, so I don't know.....but I thought people here were saying that any current settings they have revert back to default when they turn their car off.....so that when they get back in, they have to reset to what they want. Maybe that was with regard to the traction control. I can't remember.

If the settings do revert for all three each time you turn the car off, I'd see this like memory seating as well. I wonder if it also remembers the display of the 12 inch cluster as well.
Memory seats and mirror are all programmed into the key fob you use...so they will auto adjust when you open your door.

If you have different drivers using the same key, you can select the memory seating buttons to auto adjust the mirrors and seats.

The climate control and seat heating/cooling are set to whatever they were the last time the car was driven.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Memory seats and mirror are all programmed into the key fob you use...so they will auto adjust when you open your door.

If you have different drivers using the same key, you can select the memory seating buttons to auto adjust the mirrors and seats.

The climate control and seat heating/cooling are set to whatever they were the last time the car was driven.
First of all, whatever is said is entirely wrong, nothing is saved into ur keyfob period, its a simple infrared device period, which transmits signals, no memory.

Now ,

all seating mirror info is stored in ur car's so called memory , which is linked to those 3 buttons 1,2,3.

If do not select anything it will get most recent setting.

Climate controls:

You have two options
1. Last settings.
2. Settings option of my temp. You can set it up in the sync and use this option in ur dash.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
First of all, whatever is said is entirely wrong, nothing is saved into ur keyfob period, its a simple infrared device period, which transmits signals, no memory.

Now ,

all seating mirror info is stored in ur car's so called memory , which is linked to those 3 buttons 1,2,3.

If do not select anything it will get most recent setting.

Climate controls:

You have two options
1. Last settings.
2. Settings option of my temp. You can set it up in the sync and use this option in ur dash.
Page 113 of the owners manual...

"Linking a PreSet Position to your
Remote Control or Intelligent
Access Key Fob
Your vehicle can save the preset memory
positions for up to three remote controls
or intelligent access (IA) keys.
1. With the ignition on, move the memory
positions to the desired positions.
2. Press and hold the desired preset
button for about five seconds. A tone
will sound after about two seconds.
Continue holding until a second tone
is heard.
3. Within three seconds, press the lock
button on the remote control you are
linking."

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_07_2014.pdf

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
Page 113 of the owners manual...

"Linking a PreSet Position to your
Remote Control or Intelligent
Access Key Fob
Your vehicle can save the preset memory
positions for up to three remote controls
or intelligent access (IA) keys.
1. With the ignition on, move the memory
positions to the desired positions.
2. Press and hold the desired preset
button for about five seconds. A tone
will sound after about two seconds.
Continue holding until a second tone
is heard.
3. Within three seconds, press the lock
button on the remote control you are
linking."

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_07_2014.pdf
That desired position button which these are talking about is 1,2,3 on ur door.

2. They need keyfob in only to check 1 thing that if its the keyfob which is authorized to use those.

You know that right. It because of id the keyfob signal triggers makes your car to know what to do.

Thats why you can also program your other keyfob as secondary like i have.,

Like my other key fob , if someone carries it my car, it will not allow my sound system to turn on., speed not more than 40 miles per hour, blah blah.

So you keyfob just triggers a signal, in which which your car computer or pCM or ECU whatever you wanna call reacts.

You are telling me owners manual, i am telling you what happens

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
That desired position button which these are talking about is 1,2,3 on ur door.

2. They need keyfob in only to check 1 thing that if its the keyfob which is authorized to use those.

You know that right. It because of id the keyfob signal triggers makes your car to know what to do.

Thats why you can also program your other keyfob as secondary like i have.,

Like my other key fob , if someone carries it my car, it will not allow my sound system to turn on., speed not more than 40 miles per hour, blah blah.

So you keyfob just triggers a signal, in which which your car computer or pCM or ECU whatever you wanna call reacts.

You are telling me owners manual, i am telling you what happens
When I use keyfob A and I open the door, the seats and mirrors automatically adjust to the settings programmed for keyfob A.

When I use keyfob B and I open the door, the seats and mirrors automatically adjust to the settings programmed for keyfob B. Where the programming is stored is not of consequence.

The Buttons 1 through 3 on the door are for people that don't have a programmed setting for their key. I have button 3 programmed to move the seat all the way forward for easy access to the rear seats for passengers. Setting 1 will put everything back to the setting 1....which is the same as what is programmed for my key fob.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
When I use keyfob A and I open the door, the seats and mirrors automatically adjust to the settings programmed for keyfob A.

When I use keyfob B and I open the door, the seats and mirrors automatically adjust to the settings programmed for keyfob B. Where the programming is stored is not of consequence.

The Buttons 1 through 3 on the door are for people that don't have a programmed setting for their key. I have button 3 programmed to move the seat all the way forward for easy access to the rear seats for passengers. Setting 1 will put everything back to the setting 1....which is the same as what is programmed for my key fob.
You are still not gettin it.

Its not in your keyfob, its just signal from ur keyfob.. telling your system.

let me explain it to you.

suppose keyfob A signal id: 123

Keyfob b signal id : 456

Now when you open your car with A, you send signal 123 to you car Computer module. Now it knows to fetch from internal memory what settings you had for this signal oryt.

Same with Keyfob B.

for love of jesus you keyfob does not have some cloud database to send data to your car over wifi, its a simple infrared device period.

Dude don argue with me on this, i work some shit everyday let me give you an example " ALEXA' of amazon.

So if you have amazon or google voice device and you say something to it, does that mean is your voice doing search or the device is searching using your voice as triggering event.

Manuals are made in most easy terms , i am telling you the real backgroud
Sponsored