2017 GT350R vs. 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1

Status
Not open for further replies.

My2017CamaroZL1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Bomnin Chevrolet in Miami has 14 for up to 8K under MSRP....made it very tempting for me in my decision.
I called them before I bought mine in March. Those are fairly fake discounts, like GM loyalist, trading in Mustang, Student, Military, Farm Bureau. They all exist, but hardly anyone could use them all. How many students are in the Military that have Farm Bureau insurance that have a GM product and trading in a Mustang. I at least got that one for $2k.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
And I think that is part of the appeal of the high revving Voodoo. Similar to the high revving NA Porsches, Ferrari's etc, the engine rewards you near redline with its greatest power, the higher you rev the more shove you get. It makes you Want to rev the motor out, rewards you for doing so. With your engine it doesn't need to be revved out, and in my personal opinion, if the motor doesn't make you feel like it Wants to be revved out, then it won't make me want to either.

^This.
Maybe when I was younger, the ZL1 would appeal to me more due to better bang for your buck and all out performance. The 350 experience is somewhat unique as it doesn't transcend to paper. I've seen several owners of both cars on Camaro6 state their 350 was a more fun car.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
Ok, let me re-state. There is Complete Control to Completely out of control, so my statement was on that scale only. Meaning there was a little less control using that scale for the GT350. I could have said that the ZL1 has more control. nuff said on control
I wish you would leave this forum for good. I get so tired of you camaro ball huggers coming in here all the time and talking your shit. Good for you, you love the camaro. Wow what a surprise a car with 124 more hp is faster. What would you expect? What will you say and do when the next halo mustang comes out with let's say the same 650hp and beats the zl1 1le by 3 seconds around the same track and smokes it in the 1/4 by 3 tenths of a second?

Imagine for one minute. Imagine a GT350R with a stock engine at 526hp and at 3400 pounds. That would be a interesting race.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.

Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Sorry, I do think the Camaro is ugly. This is a mustang forum, and if you want Chevy fanboys, go on a chevy forum. And I've owned just about every brand out there and can own any of the current muscle cars. The Shelby has an amazing, aggressive look that has a lot of heritage with the Shelby name (and stripes if you have them). Throwing a black hood on a car is the oldest and cheapest way to try and make a car look special. :lol:

You keep saying that the ZL1 has more power, but you're missing the point of the Voodoo.

How much power does the ZL1 have at 8200rpm? What about 7500? Oh yeah, let's just ignore the good points of the FPC motor.

My2017CamaroZL1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
I wish you would leave this forum for good. I get so tired of you camaro ball huggers coming in here all the time and talking your shit. Good for you, you love the camaro. Wow what a surprise a car with 124 more hp is faster. What would you expect? What will you say and do when the next halo mustang comes out with let's say the same 650hp and beats the zl1 1le by 3 seconds around the same track and smokes it in the 1/4 by 3 tenths of a second?

Imagine for one minute. Imagine a GT350R with a stock engine at 526hp and at 3400 pounds. That would be a interesting race.
I notice that Mustang guys or any car guys for that matter, don't get bashed by Camaro people on the Camaro6g site. It is just car guys having fun with cars. I have not bashed the Mustang one time.

I see there are a lot of fanboys thumping their chest on here how unique the car is. GM and Ford will constantly increase HP. It is the game they play.

My2017CamaroZL1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Just like the z28. They won't sell them all. The demand for the GT350/R is high. Not so for "any camaro"
Nothing special about a 1le with a blower on it. Woopie shit.
Anyone can add a blower to a GT350R and kill the zl1 1le camaro. The camaro is only faster because of the increased hp. That's it.
It is faster not just because of HP. Suspension has a large part in it, plus steering. Like any car on the market. And yes, anyone can get under a shade tree and cram a big motor in a small car.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
It is faster not just because of HP. Suspension has a large part in it, plus steering. Like any car on the market. And yes, anyone can get under a shade tree and cram a big motor in a small car.
The zl1 1le is ONLY faster then a R because of its blower. Remove the blower and they are equal cars.
Better hope that blower belt doesn't snap

My2017CamaroZL1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Sorry, I do think the Camaro is ugly. This is a mustang forum, and if you want Chevy fanboys, go on a chevy forum. And I've owned just about every brand out there and can own any of the current muscle cars. The Shelby has an amazing, aggressive look that has a lot of heritage with the Shelby name (and stripes if you have them). Throwing a black hood on a car is the oldest and cheapest way to try and make a car look special. :lol:

You keep saying that the ZL1 has more power, but you're missing the point of the Voodoo.

How much power does the ZL1 have at 8200rpm? What about 7500? Oh yeah, let's just ignore the good points of the FPC motor.
Sure, I think the Mustang is a bit better looking. That is why I bought it. It was Ford low quality that made me sell it. The motor was burning 1 qt of oil in 500 miles or so. So if you say that is special then I would say it is too. And it was Ford voiding my warranty for Ford Performance parts were installed by a Ford dealer.

GM won't do that.

Sponsored

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
It's strange to me that all that power doesn't equate to that much more performance. Unless you are talking about drag racing, all the power in the world doesn't matter if it's not useable. That being said, I think the ZL1 is right at that cusp...if ford does some 700hp+ super car, it won't be as useable and enjoyable as the current GT350. It's strange to think that Randy Pobst liked the Grand Sport more then the Z06 because it had more usable power and was easier to control. In my reality, both cars are amazing machines....and if I used them to their perspective potentials, I'd be in jail! No matter how you slice it, this one-upmanship and competition makes it a good time to like these kinds of cars.

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Sure, I think the Mustang is a bit better looking. That is why I bought it. It was Ford low quality that made me sell it. The motor was burning 1 qt of oil in 500 miles or so. So if you say that is special then I would say it is too. And it was Ford voiding my warranty for Ford Performance parts were installed by a Ford dealer.

GM won't do that.
Sounds like you had a defective engine. Mine hasn't used a drop of oil. I know GM LS engines occasionally burned too much oil, but most don't. Stack clearances.

I know GM will definitely void your warranty if you use non stock engine parts/tune. If you have a cool dealer, you might get away with it, though.

AirBusPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Every test I've read has never said either car has an edge in handling. Both are excellent handling cars.

GBGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT350 W/lightning blue stripes
I think it's awful to compare a car with a forced induction power plant to a car with a naturally aspirated power plant. It's apples and oranges. Not to mention the delta in displacement. Granted the ZL1 is very impressive but it's like comparing a 2013 GT500 to a 2013 GT. Anyway. Some of these comparison articles make me laugh.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.