Sponsored

Improving handling on Ecoboost Convertible?

OP
OP
Greg C

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
^ Jealous as fk :p
Cheers Steve, I'll swop these for your headlights & sequential rear lights!
I fully expect to see you have some, painted gloss black & be fitted before mine are fitted by Modurstang on April 27th!!!
Sponsored

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Hi Greg

Definitely the right choices.

I've fitted the following to my convertible:-

Steeda Strut Tower Brace
Steeda Extreme G-Trac Brace
Steeda Ultra-lite Jacking Rails
Steeda IRS Base Pack

In my opinion it has totally transformed the Mustang. Over the years I've owned a few convertibles and with the above fitted the Mustang has none of the body flexing you come to expect. As for handling it is much more predictable and a lot less wheel spin (means I get keep the P-Zeros longer, the only downside :lol:)

Just got the steering wheel, DRL's and rear sequential to save up for - come on [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] pay more tax so my state pension can go up to pay for them ;)
Great feedback! Thanks [MENTION=18156]mustangguy64[/MENTION] :headbang::cheers:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Cheers Steve, I'll swop these for your headlights & sequential rear lights!
I fully expect to see you have some, painted gloss black & be fitted before mine are fitted by Modurstang on April 27th!!!
Haha, I don't think that'll happen, on either cases... Lights were/will be shy of a grand, and the hood vents is a tough subject. Would love them, not sure how it'd look without black wing mirrors/roof...

I'd like to 'Dry fit' some ontop of mine just to see... :lol:! Knowing me I'd have to get the ones with the indicator in lol!

OP
OP
Greg C

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
Haha, I don't think that'll happen, on either cases... Lights were/will be shy of a grand, and the hood vents is a tough subject. Would love them, not sure how it'd look without black wing mirrors/roof...

I'd like to 'Dry fit' some ontop of mine just to see... :lol:! Knowing me I'd have to get the ones with the indicator in lol!
Newtakeoff.com have ones with indicators in as well - I was quoted $69.99 for these so only $30 more. Get your roof & mirrors wrapped- hopefully your insurance company will let you do this unlike the full wrap you wanted :headbonk: (that's if you tell them- it just came like this from the factory honest!).

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Newtakeoff.com have ones with indicators in as well - I was quoted $69.99 for these so only $30 more. Get your roof & mirrors wrapped- hopefully your insurance company will let you do this unlike the full wrap you wanted :headbonk: (that's if you tell them- it just came like this from the factory honest!).
Lol, I'd probably do that, missus hates the idea of black roof, once the gloss black grilles are in i'll decide on the rest, whether the higher parts of the car need more black in, to tie in like the tint having a gloss roof or something, or having gloss mirrors to just make it more 'easy' on the eye...

If that happens, i'll probably have the grilles done, but, it's added cost, got a lot of money I'm dumping in this car on insurance, tax, rear sequentials, and then on the other gloss black bits I've been doing.

Sponsored

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
You might want to think about a good solid roll over bar as well? big issue is lack of rigidty.

If you google blacksunracing you can see a guy called Alex, who races a s197 convertible in sprint racing. He has really gone to some lengths with his convertible bracing, ground effect skirts ( that is another story ! ) and seems to have had some success in the series in which he competes. His car is a legendary chick magnet ;

Steeda UK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.co.uk
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
You might want to think about a good solid roll over bar as well? big issue is lack of rigidty.

If you google blacksunracing you can see a guy called Alex, who races a s197 convertible in sprint racing. He has really gone to some lengths with his convertible bracing, ground effect skirts ( that is another story ! ) and seems to have had some success in the series in which he competes. His car is a legendary chick magnet ;
Steeda sponsored and helped out Alex over a couple of years.

His car initially had a few Roush parts on, and he had zero success. We threw them all out (except the Roush shift knob) replaced them with Steeda parts and bingo, the wins started coming in!

However in this instance he has proper race roll cage bar, which is overkill for this respect.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Hats (roofs?) off to the guy. It would never have occurred to me that you would be allowed to race a rag-top! Roll bar or not, wouldn't fancy being upside down in it...

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
Alex is hilariously funny and a good stick. There is a good video on you tube of him and bad hand at Caldwell and Alex leaving his ground effects on the side of the track.:headbonk:

OP
OP
Greg C

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
Big thanks to [MENTION=22385]Steeda UK[/MENTION] today. Bits arrived including Steeda cap ( which fits great:)). All ready now from for trip to Modurstang on April 27. Also looking forward to PureFord event with Simply Mustangs UK at Castle Combe on May 13 as will be good to meet fellow Mustang owners.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Big thanks to [MENTION=22385]Steeda UK[/MENTION] today. Bits arrived including Steeda cap ( which fits great:)). All ready now from for trip to Modurstang on April 27. Also looking forward to PureFord event with Simply Mustangs UK at Castle Combe on May 13 as will be good to meet fellow Mustang owners.
You'll love it! Apparently a good test of the car is the road by MuS which are rather country like... which is normal for me ;)!
Sponsored