Sponsored

Thinking about trading her in

Rdot9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium w/ Performance Package
What car did you trade in? My friend who works at carmax said that they give way more money for economy cars than sports cars
It was an 07 v6 Mustang.
Sponsored

pietran30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
At least trade it in for something cool. Maybe a Charger Scat Pack? Family needs plus a badass V8:headbang:

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
bruh never had carmax beat any trade I've ever done brah. they always so far off dealer trade and kbb it's not even funny.

in all seriousness carmax can eat it. also selling privately is a pain in the ass but that's because I don't let other people drive my car except for my Dad. I'd take the loss on a trade just to not have to deal with other people test driving. Just me though. Definitely would be screening and making copy of licenses if I ever did.
I had dealers competitively bid on trade in value for my EB. None of them, nor Koons in Baltimore, would come anywhere close to what CarMax offered. Both Beepi and Vroom offered considerably more than CarMax, and involved zero hassle (I took pictures of the car and filled out a form online). My point is that selling it privately doesn't need to involve tire kickers off of craigslist.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I had dealers competitively bid on trade in value for my EB. None of them, nor Koons in Baltimore, would come anywhere close to what CarMax offered. Both Beepi and Vroom offered considerably more than CarMax, and involved zero hassle (I took pictures of the car and filled out a form online). My point is that selling it privately doesn't need to involve tire kickers off of craigslist.
that's funny. when i traded my last car in. carmax was 5k below what koons in Baltimore gave me on trade.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
The fact is, these cars have absolute horrible resale and if you are going to trade it, just take it to the first place because they all use the exact same process (which is the dealer side KBB). The only way you can get better is if you are going to haggle all day and buy something from them. If you aren't in a hurry you can at least try to get a few extra thousand trying to sell privately but you might sit on it for awhile or might not. I guess it just depends on how many people want a CO Mustang. It's a more unique color that not a lot of people prefer.

pmr2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback, 1975 Corvette Coupe
In NC when I traded in my '12 Mustang new car dealers were the lowest, Carmax was better, but the highest offer I received was from local used car dealers who specialized in sports cars, they always want a nice Stang on the lot.

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
You might as well grab your ankles and bite the bullet at the same time

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Also remember about the tax savings if you trade it in to the dealer that you are buying another car from. Assuming you have say 10k into your Mustang, when you buy a new car that 10k equity isn't taxed. It can make a difference if you have a lot of equity in your Mustang.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
At least trade it in for something cool. Maybe a Charger Scat Pack? Family needs plus a badass V8:headbang:
That's exactly what I did. I needed more room and fits the bill perfectly.

Sponsored

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Have the charger going back to a mustang after a few years now haha

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Also remember about the tax savings if you trade it in to the dealer that you are buying another car from. Assuming you have say 10k into your Mustang, when you buy a new car that 10k equity isn't taxed. It can make a difference if you have a lot of equity in your Mustang.
that depends on the state. ex: we don't have that here because all cars have only $300 sales tax fee.

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
that depends on the state. ex: we don't have that here because all cars have only $300 sales tax fee.
That's pretty good. Here in AZ, we score if we buy from a private party seller. No sales tax from person to person.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Carmax sucks in Raleigh NC. Dealers always offered more.
Local dealers were awful on pricing, I've used Carmax in Raleigh to get a price I was comfortable and then took that to local dealers and had them beat it. To me that's the best way.

Most of the time I try to sell outright in a private party sale.
Sponsored