Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

tlondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt #0083

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Hey man!
I would love a GT350, but it's not in the cards financially right now. The Evo stays for awhile. Don't love the GT enough to trade, and it would take thousands to get it where I want performance-wise, when the GT350 I could just leave stock and enjoy. More money I ain't got. :headbonk:

You take care too, bro!
Glad to see you still have your evox. Yep the gt350 its out of my hands went with a gt with performance package and i like it. Have you tried the gt with the PP?

Noize

Ricer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Evolution X
Glad to see you still have your evox. Yep the gt350 its out of my hands went with a gt with performance package and i like it. Have you tried the gt with the PP?
I did. I liked it ok, but not anything like that freaking monster GT350. It feels pretty big. If I part out my car and trade, I could just afford a PP GT. I'm on a bigger turbo at 425whp, Ohlins, and wider wheels on 265s all around. Money to get the GT to handle and stop like my current car I don't have right now.

I figure if I put 10K in mods on a GT, I'd be stupid to not just cowboy up another 10k and get a 350 since that's what I really want. Maybe I'll win the lottery and can have both.

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
I did. I liked it ok, but not anything like that freaking monster GT350. It feels pretty big. If I part out my car and trade, I could just afford a PP GT. I'm on a bigger turbo at 425whp, Ohlins, and wider wheels on 265s all around. Money to get the GT to handle and stop like my current car I don't have right now.

I figure if I put 10K in mods on a GT, I'd be stupid to not just cowboy up another 10k and get a 350 since that's what I really want. Maybe I'll win the lottery and can have both.

Nice your car has a bigger turbo must be fun to drive it.
I wish you the best.
Take care bro.
:cheers:

Sponsored

Rohammers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP
I'm planning on getting a loaded 18 GT, and have a few questions.

1. Is the active exhaust going to be much louder than the stock quad exhaust they plan to release? - I heard the active exhaust clip posted but I'm still not 100% sold it's loud enough for me.

2. Do you think the Recaro's will be powered and have the ability to heat and cool like the premium seats do now?

3. With the performance package will it just be Brembo's at the front again or also at the rear?

4. I saw a while back by someone who works at a dealer posted that a carbon fiber package was an option, is that still true?

5. Lightning or Kona Blue? (Kappa)

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost

1. Is the active exhaust going to be much louder than the stock quad exhaust they plan to release? - I heard the active exhaust clip posted but I'm still not 100% sold it's loud enough for me.

It will be significantly louder than stock but there will always be louder aftermarket offerings.

2. Do you think the Recaro's will be powered and have the ability to heat and cool like the premium seats do now?

I doubt it, racing seats meant to be lighter than powered seats.

3. With the performance package will it just be Brembo's at the front again or also at the rear?

no one knows yet but I hope not, it would be nice if they have some good 4 pistons in the rear as well.

4. I saw a while back by someone who works at a dealer posted that a carbon fiber package was an option, is that still true?

no one knows yet

trick question, Orange Fury FTW

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
1. Is the active exhaust going to be much louder than the stock quad exhaust they plan to release?

It will be significantly louder than stock but there will always be louder aftermarket offerings.
I hope you mean in the open position?

Same sound level as stock closed, much louder when open?

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

Should be just right. IMO

No.

Front.

Info N/A

Kona
Added answers above.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Added answers above.
I posted this earlier, but I guess no one has caught it.

This is straight off of the Ford page for the 18 Mustang

The instrument panel surround has been refreshed with four new aluminum finishes: Silver Arrow, Engine Spun, Angled Brush and Linked Graphite. There’s also a Carbon Fiber Sport Interior Package, upping your options for a custom look.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
There's actually a video of one of the 2018 prototypes that has Recaros and showed the same blind plates on the dash where the buttons for heating/cooling are in the non-Recaros cars. So I'd expect it to be a No as well.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Options - Awesome !

I posted this earlier, but I guess no one has caught it.

This is straight off of the Ford page for the 18 Mustang
Ford is capitalizing on options to increase their bottom line, taking some sales away from the aftermarket.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Ford is capitalizing on options to increase their bottom line, taking some sales away from the aftermarket.
That's exactly what the performance/handling/track packs are supposed to do too, but they never take things as close to the edge as the aftermarket will.
Sponsored