Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I don't really care what Mags are saying -- they get paid to say that shit. People like you and me are what matters, and the majority of people/owners say they don't like the front. Lets not try and spin this to hide the reality.
Reality? Based on what metric?

The few threads you've read through? Where, if they were like this one, the 'haters' are very vocal about it and repeat their opinion in multiple posts vs. the people who say they like it (of which here are many in this thread) and say so once in a non-dramatic manner.

I'd be curious to the actual count of unique 'I like' vs. 'I do not like' in this thread - it is too long to do the count, but I bet it is actually pretty evenly split.

There is a post in a vw forum I frequent about the refresh - since the thread is only 3 pages long, I decided to do a count of like vs. do no like vs. neutral.

like = 16
do not like = 9
Neutral = 2

I guess based on this, the redesign can be considered a success...
Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
they are coping with having worked themselves into a frenzy over how amazing this car would be, and the reality that roughly 50% of those polled here think it looks like dog shit. i was holding out buying a 17 with hopes that this car would be an improvement in all phases. sadly the front end is terrible and i'm not interested in a car that will msrp for nearly $50k that requires me to grow to love its appearance. i will be going somewhere other than ford for my purchase this spring.
perhaps its a different mindset when you've been beating the 2018 drum for so long that you feel committed to love it no matter what :shrug:
I didnt know Ford released pricing for the 18:shrug: How about waiting until pricing is released before you assume its going to be $50k. With the exception of Magneride and Active Exhaust I'm willing to bet pricing stays within $800-$1000 of current pricing overall. You might even see the EB get a price drop in base trim to help out with the loss of the V6. Ford knows damn well they cant jack the MSRP up less they end up having to discount the car like the Camaro.

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
The comment makes sense because there are tons on here that rag on EB buyers saying it's not a true Mustang without the V8. It's the reference to "if it doesn't have X, it's not a Mustang..."

Concerned? My only concern is this refresh will make the car less unique on the road and you'll see more of them. From reading non-Mustang sites, like tech sites, news sites, car mag sites, the refresh is getting rave reviews, especially the tech. And since these sites get to more people, especially average buyers, they'll see it and might consider the car now.

The euro term is used to describe modern looking, sleeker, sexier cars. It's the design language term they used for the S550. This '18 refresh just finishes the design language of this gen. Regarding the 15-17 many feel it's not muscular at all, hasn't been since S197. So it's all opinion anyway.

Lastly, if you've ever watched the video about the design of the S550, the designers specifically address the concerns about those that say it might not look like a Mustang and go into the key design things that make a Mustang, a Mustang (tri bars, symmetrical dash, hockey stick, etc). This still has all of those.

Lexi? That's a good question. ;)
Lets agree to disagree. I am not saying your points are wrong -- you are just envisioning a car that is different than what most consider to be a Mustang.

I don't think I am alone in liking the Mustang for what it used to be, and I don't think you are alone in liking the Mustang for what it is becoming.

Folgrim21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 blk with 6"BDS , 2017pp recaro Mag
Looks like it's time for a Hot or Not thread here on 6g

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Lets agree to disagree. I am not saying your points are wrong -- you are just envisioning a car that is different than what most consider to be a Mustang.

I don't think I am alone in liking the Mustang for what it used to be, and I don't think you are alone in liking the Mustang for what it is becoming.
Great reply dude and agree...we both like what we like and there's no wrong answer to that.

I do think Ford's vision of the Mustang is changing (to a world car & to meet that, they have to appease everyone) & people have to decide if they like that direction or not.

:cheers:

Sponsored

El Diablo

Made in USA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Random pic floating on the interwebs.
I dunno if it was already posted before...

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I believe the lower left is the engine coolant temp and the middle, dial gauge is for the trans temp.
Is the upper left gauge for oil temps?
Definitely need something better than the gauge in the 15-17's which gives a calculated reading and inaccurate .
Also need a real Oil pressure gauge rather than the "okay or you are screwed "gauge.:mad:

Kpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
[/I][/INDENT]So 6 out of 7 think it's an improvement & makes the car more modern, aggressive, sleeker vs the current S550.
Yes, the six invited to the early press reveal. The same one's that have nothing to lose by saying good things and everything to lose (not being invited next time) by saying bad things.

The only one that had nothing to lose either way stated the truth.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Yes, the six invited to the early press reveal. The same one's that have nothing to lose by saying good things and everything to lose (not being invited next time) by saying bad things.

The only one that had nothing to lose either way stated the truth.
Spoke their mind, sure. How can anyone's opinion on something subjective be considered the truth?

Sponsored

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
Reality? Based on what metric?

The few threads you've read through? Where, if they were like this one, the 'haters' are very vocal about it and repeat their opinion in multiple posts vs. the people who say they like it (of which here are many in this thread) and say so once in a non-dramatic manner.

I'd be curious to the actual count of unique 'I like' vs. 'I do not like' in this thread - it is too long to do the count, but I bet it is actually pretty evenly split.

There is a post in a vw forum I frequent about the refresh - since the thread is only 3 pages long, I decided to do a count of like vs. do no like vs. neutral.

like = 16
do not like = 9
Neutral = 2

I guess based on this, the redesign can be considered a success...

In the below thread, on this site, out of 562 people, 48% choose "No" they do not like it, 20% choose "Yes", and 24% said they were waiting to see it. Even if ALL of those that are waiting end up liking it, which is unlikely, that is still less than the number that don't like it.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74112

I have read plenty of threads on all different sites/blogs -- but isn't a more accurate gauge of success the opinions of people that actually own, or would buy a Mustang? I trust Mustang owners, or folks that have been waiting for the 2018 to buy before I would trust a poll of 27 VW owners. I don't really care if 1,000 VW guys liked it -- at the ended of the day, what are the chances that even 10 of them are going to go out and buy a Mustang? I like a lot of cars that I would never consider buying.

Just go back thru this thread and look at how many people were waiting for an 18 that now will not buy one -- a lot more than those that will buy.

Folgrim21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 blk with 6"BDS , 2017pp recaro Mag
I'll say this, there is a bunch of Auto sites saying things like " droopy eyed and fish face.. never in the last 53 yrs has the name fish face been used to describe a mustang by Auto journalists..until today

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
2018 Ford Mustang GT growing on me

I was not a fan when I first saw the video. I thought the sharp angles looked like some other import I can't recall at this time. But the one thing I thought about the 2015-2017 models is that some of the design elements did not make sense.The hood reminds me of a 90's Ford Mustang - always thought it was out of place even when looking at it from inside. The front fascia looked odd like the fog lights and turn signals were an after thought for the Ford design team. The shapes did not make sense there. I like everything else under the sheet metal, including the digital dash. I am hard core retro guy, but at some time you have to look to the future. Not sure about the 10-speed auto come to think about it. Would have to drive one to completely sell me on giving up my 6-speed manual. :thumbsup: on the 2018 Ford Mustang I really think Ford got it right, just takes time to have people get use to it. I love the new hood !!! Hate the rear spoiler !! But heck I would never order my Stang with one - the rear on this car does not need anything extra - Its just right !
New-Ford-Mustang-V8-GT-with-Performace-Pack-in-Kona-Blue.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
With the v6 gone i guess rental car places wont be buying any.
Rental companies have been all over the EcoBoost since day one. Very very few V6's in their fleets. I think Ford didn't expect that in 2014.

Kpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
50% here are coping with how out-dated their '15-'17 just became & how Ford stiffed them out of major updates & waited 3 years for tech/mech improvements in spades. The best responses are "my '15-'17 just went up in value!"
A lot of us here are the complete opposite of what you are saying. We have the money to blow and trade up on a car only a couple years newer than what we have and we really wanted to trade up but then we were a little put off by the front end and like the looks of the front end of the car in our garage better.

I'm going to wait and see one in person, test drive it, and then decide if it's worth it to me to trade to.

I'm not as some of you kids say "butt hurt" and I'm not upset about all the great things that this has that mine doesn't. I can drive to the dealer and drive back in a gt350 tonight if I want to. There is nothing lacking on my end of the equation. The only thing lacking is the front end on the new gt and that's being stated by 95% of the people on here.
Sponsored