Sponsored

Thinking about a Mustang

thenextcar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE YET!
So I'v been telling my wife to find a car she would like to have. Well she decided she really likes the mustangs. So tomorrow (if the Dealerships are open) we are going to look at the new/certified mustangs. Now i would rather have a 5.0 b.c umm v8? But this is her car. She said she wants to keep the price down as much as possible and she's scared that the manual clutch will be extremely hard to push like the 2005ish ones where. This will be her everyday driver. I'm thinking she will rather the Eco boost over the 5.0, but I don't know anything about these. Was wondering if you all could let me know what I should expect, and the pros and cons. How is the after market world? Which is preferred manual or automatic? Any years ,trim level or factory set up I should look out for? Just any information would help greatly.

Thanks,
Sponsored

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
If cost is a major factor, get a base GT. The auto comes with paddle shift. Not as organic as the stick, but a decent option if she has reservations about driving a manual every day.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Clutch is quite light on these cars due to the clutch assist spring. Even with the spring removed, clutch is not that heavy. Though, the mt82 is not the most elegant manual transmission you will find - it makes its share of noises and is not always the smoothest shifting.

The auto transmissions are bulletproof and preferred by those who live their life a 1/4 mile at a time. I'd say there is a pretty even split on preference on manual vs. auto.

eco vs. 5.0 is going to come down to personal preference and what you can or cannot afford. I personally say 5.0. Have been many people in these forums who started with the EB and ended up trading up to the 5.0

Aftermarket is huge for the 5.0 and quite significant for the EB.

If you are looking for something new and can wait, I'd hold out until the 2018 specs are released as 2018 is going to bring a refresh, likely a new 10 speed auto and a bump in power to the 5.0.

OP
OP

thenextcar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE YET!
Thanks, for the quick response. Manual isn't out of the question as long as the clutch isn't crazy hard to push in and out.
Keep em coming!

OP
OP

thenextcar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE YET!
Foghat- I was just told she wants the price under 30k. So I'm guess things just got tricky for me. Maybe it will help lower the prices if the 2018 have major upgrades?

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
So I'v been telling my wife to find a car she would like to have. Well she decided she really likes the mustangs. So tomorrow (if the Dealerships are open) we are going to look at the new/certified mustangs. Now i would rather have a 5.0 b.c umm v8? But this is her car. She said she wants to keep the price down as much as possible and she's scared that the manual clutch will be extremely hard to push like the 2005ish ones where. This will be her everyday driver. I'm thinking she will rather the Eco boost over the 5.0, but I don't know anything about these. Was wondering if you all could let me know what I should expect, and the pros and cons. How is the after market world? Which is preferred manual or automatic? Any years ,trim level or factory set up I should look out for? Just any information would help greatly.

Thanks,
I picked up the Ecoboost Premium with the auto specifically so my wife could drive it. With the performance package this car is a blast to drive, quiet, refined, good mpg, and well balanced. I highly recommend the Ecoboost auto with the PP. For 30k you won't find a better coupe. The auto transmission is a German ZF licensed to Ford.

Last edited:
OP
OP

thenextcar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE YET!
I picked up the Ecoboost Premium with the auto specifically so my wife could drive it. With the performance package this car is a blast to drive, quiet, refined, good mpg, and well balanced. I highly recommend the Ecoboost auto with the PP. For 30k you won't find a better coupe.
Hey, thanks for the response. Looks like I'm in the same kind of position you were. What does the PP add exactly?

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Have your dealer pull out a GT and eco in identical trim. Have your wife test drive them back to back. You will get a good feel of the differences between the two. My wife was not comfortable with the GT and felt the Eco was nimbler. There are many women on this forum who love the GT though. Cant go wrong either way. Good luck with the seach. Aftermarket is as good as it gets for either model.

OP
OP

thenextcar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE YET!
Have your dealer pull out a GT and eco in identical trim. Have your wife test drive them back to back. You will get a good feel of the differences between the two. My wife was not comfortable with the GT and felt the Eco was nimbler. There are many women on this forum who love the GT though. Cant go wrong either way. Good luck with the seach. Aftermarket is as good as it gets for either model.
Thats a good idea well probably do that. Just to make sure we cover all bases.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Just picked up a CPO 2016 Mustang GT with the performance Package and the 401a option, Nav, Blindspot, and rear parking sensors for 30500... Clutch is very light as I have a torn ACL in my left knee and no issues with the weight..its just very vague on feeling. Good luck on your hunt

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Hey, thanks for the response. Looks like I'm in the same kind of position you were. What does the PP add exactly?
Black wheels with summer tires, stiffer suspension, different gears, big radiator, and the base GT brakes. The EB/PP handles great and the brakes are crazy good. Once you drive a EB/PP all other cars feel like the brakes are worn out.

OP
OP

thenextcar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE YET!
Just picked up a CPO 2016 Mustang GT with the performance Package and the 401a option, Nav, Blindspot, and rear parking sensors for 30500... Clutch is very light as I have a torn ACL in my left knee and no issues with the weight..its just very vague on feeling. Good luck on your hunt
That's a awesome deal! Hopefully I can get that lucky. The next few weeks will be interesting. Thanks for letting me know there' are good deals outthere.

OP
OP

thenextcar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NONE YET!
Black wheels with summer tires, stiffer suspension, different gears, big radiator, and the base GT brakes. The EB/PP handles great and the brakes are crazy good. Once you drive a EB/PP all other cars feel like the brakes are worn out.
Cool, I will definitely look for a preformance package. I hate buying something then Realizing I missed out on useful features . These are the things I need to know! Appreciate the help

Brazenbuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Find an Eco with the performance pack and manual trans. The clutch is lighter than the older cars and the Eco cars handle better with less weight on the nose.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Cool, I will definitely look for a preformance package. I hate buying something then Realizing I missed out on useful features . These are the things I need to know! Appreciate the help
Drive the regular version also. She might like that better. I know I did. I really didn't like the PP and the shorter gears and the Black Rims. Brakes are fine on my regular GT. I'd also recommend the 401a premium package. It has more luxury stuff in it with a big 8" screen and you can get Apple Carplay in it among other things. Manual transmission is easy and it has hill assist . If your on a hill and you pop in the clutch it won't roll backwards on you for 5 seconds. Lots of people love the Ecoboost so that would save you money over the GT.
Sponsored