Sponsored

New Shelby debut based on GT350 Carcass?

Rimox51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
LMAO at you! Try researching your history about Carroll Shelby and his cars! All the famous 65-66 GT350's and 67-68 GT350 and GT500's all built by Shelby American at their plant just like they do now. Your new GT350 is a Shelby in name only a badge that's it. The true Shelby Mustangs are the ones built by them so if you are calling them bolt-on crap well I guess the famous 67 GT500 is bolt-on crap too. Learn your facts before running crap out of your mouth
LMAO... Shelby's Dead
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
SA.....hahahahhhahhhaaaa
Hahhahhahahhhahhahaaaaaaaa
Quit it...man.......did you ever think about becoming a stand up comedian?

Deca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
SA? Wut? I simply bought something significant from the Ford dealer labeled Shelby- is there anything else? If so, it's fake news!

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I don't have a Shelby. I have a GT350. I have a car designed, engineered and built by Ford. Shelby had nothing to do with it. Anyone can throw a few mods on a factory built car and add a butt-load of badges. Roush and Shelby America have been doing it for years.

I guess I never understood why some people will pay an excessive amount of money for mods that any good shop could do for 50% less. Look the Callaway Corvettes. Throw a blower, hood, tune, and a sh*tload of badges and pay for a C7 +27K. WTF?

The mods for my previous C7 are in my sig. Everything I did was done by the premiere Corvette Tuner on the Easy Coast (East Coast Supercharging) and my total bill was 12k and this included a new triple disc Mantic clutch. I would never pay an additional 15k for less power, no LT headers, no clutch upgrade, and a ton of badges and hideous body additions.:doh:

Shelby is dead and in my opinion the last real Shelby was the 70 Shelby G.T. 350 and the G.T. 500. Everything since has been aftermarket mods and badges.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Who cares about Shelby America? They are a non-OEM using parts not engineered by themselves. Quite frankly, their packages are over priced and only sell due to hype and OMFG I OWN A SHELBY!!!11!!! Where is my Shelby branded socks and sunglasses that has Carol Shelby's autopen signature on it?
You can say the same thing about Rousch, Petty's Garage, Lingenfielder, etc. None of them offer anything that you can't buy from the aftermarket and install yourself.

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Back in the late 90's Saleen and Roush added a lot to the mustang performance market. Today ford has closed that segment. That's it. SA is hanging on and way to many Roush cars sitting on the lots. You don't need any of them anymore. They don't even manage a race team like Shelby did back in the 60's.

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Honestly, it seems like Shelby America is on its way out. The selling of the first Cobra was a hint that there wasn't enough money going into Shelby. I saw the Super Snake in Tulsa at the mid america ford meet and it was really neat to look at, but 100k+ buys a lot more than a Mustang with a blower on it. There is something awesome about owning a Shelby product straight from Shelby but the entry price to do so is a bit absurd. I hate to see Shelby America in the state it is and it seems like the aftermarket companies (Shelby, Saleen, Roush, Petty, Hennessey) just don't have a place in the Mustang linage if they keep charging a ton for a package or don't produce something truly different or worth the money.

Now on to the speculation, there's a couple different ideas.
1) Another "Special Edition" GT with a blower
2) A GT350 with some badges and stripes
3) A GT convertible with some body work, removal of the rear seats, and they pass it off as a "Cobra Edition"

Just my 2 cents

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Back in the late 90's Saleen and Roush added a lot to the mustang performance market. Today ford has closed that segment. That's it. SA is hanging on and way to many Roush cars sitting on the lots. You don't need any of them anymore. They don't even manage a race team like Shelby did back in the 60's.
This. If Ford happens to revert back to Mustangs that barely top 200hp for the performance model, you'll see aftermarket builders have a resurgence. But when you can get that need filled by the factory with better integration most of the time, they're much less relevant or valuable.

Sponsored

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I wonder if Ford would ever consider buying Shelby America. AMG used to be an independent tuner for Mercedes, famous for cars like their AMG "Hammer". MB purchased AMG, in the late 90's I believe, and that relationship seemed to turnout pretty well.

Very curious to see if Shelby America can really improve upon what's already a great car. But GT350KR just doesn't feel right to me, like others I associate KR with the GT500. :shrug:

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I wonder if Ford would ever consider buying Shelby America. AMG used to be an independent tuner for Mercedes, famous for cars like their AMG "Hammer". MB purchased AMG, in the late 90's I believe, and that relationship seemed to turnout pretty well.

Very curious to see if Shelby America can really improve upon what's already a great car. But GT350KR just doesn't feel right to me, like others I associate KR with the GT500. :shrug:
A friend of mine had the exact same idea! It seems like a great opportunity for both. Ford performance is to AMG as Shelby is to Black Series.

Screamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2116 GT350
After Ford built the GT350 in house, What can SA possibly offer? OH .. I know..A trans cooler scoop! A useless shovel with no handle. Serious engineering here!

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor

AMG actually engineers their products. Shelby buys their products and only design cute emblem and paint packages. The only thing Shelby has is the trademarks.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum

Interesting but I highly doubt it. Shelby America has an unrealistic view of their own net worth. I doubt Ford would pony (no pun intended) up the money for use of a name Ford already have licensed. I don't see SAI bringing anything else new to the table that would appeal to Ford

I look at it this way, aside from the name, what can SAI offer that Ford can't? SAI is a low volume, aftermarket company, that has not come up with a new idea that Ford may want. They just keep regurgitating the past with different aftermarket parts that they stamp with Shelby's name. I have no idea why Ford would want/need that.

Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored