GilSilcox

Gil
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Mustang
I ordered mine this morning. I sent him an email to his gmail account and he sent me back an invoice. Jesse is great to deal with and I got a tracking number within hours of paying.
Sponsored

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
I ordered mine this morning. I sent him an email to his gmail account and he sent me back an invoice. Jesse is great to deal with and I got a tracking number within hours of paying.
Thank you very much! I will reach out to him.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How did you order? On their website or did you just give him a call?
emailed him, took like 15 minutes tops, harness will be here Saturday

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
emailed him, took like 15 minutes tops, harness will be here Saturday
keep us updated on the install and how it performs! I'm very interested in having this upgrade on my '15 premium Gt 400A audio

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
keep us updated on the install and how it performs! I'm very interested in having this upgrade on my '15 premium Gt 400A audio
I installed the harness last week, but just today put it to use as I finished my amp and sub install this morning. the harness is great quality! Jesse was VERY fast with shipping it as well. if I have one complaint, and I don't really, it's that the rca's aren't labeled front/rear. but they are very very good quality, I'm happy with the purchase and [MENTION=20927]OEMRadio[/MENTION] customer service

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So, are you using the rca outs and not reprogramming your unit?
for now, yes, I am only using the front rca's for my subwoofer signal, sounds great!

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I installed the harness last week, but just today put it to use as I finished my amp and sub install this morning. the harness is great quality! Jesse was VERY fast with shipping it as well. if I have one complaint, and I don't really, it's that the rca's aren't labeled front/rear. but they are very very good quality, I'm happy with the purchase and [MENTION=20927]OEMRadio[/MENTION] customer service
Nice! Where can I order the harness? Is there a website to order it from? Thanks :thumbsup:

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Nice! Where can I order the harness? Is there a website to order it from? Thanks :thumbsup:
send him an email at [email protected], he has a phone number he can be reached at too, sorry but I don't have it right off hand. I sent him an email and he replied within 2 minutes, but ymmv.......

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
send him an email at [email protected], he has a phone number he can be reached at too, sorry but I don't have it right off hand. I sent him an email and he replied within 2 minutes, but ymmv.......
Thanks! I'll send him an email right now.

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks! I'll send him an email right now.
nice! when you go to use the rca's either go by the wiring schematic or verify using the fader that you are using the L&R channels of front and rear, when I initially connected my rca cable to my sub, it didn't sound right, it sounded much better if I unplugged one of the rca's from the amp, turns out I had one rca connected to a front channel and the other to a rear channel, easy fix by swapping the rca. wish they labeled them front and rear, that aside, the harness is great quality!

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
nice! when you go to use the rca's either go by the wiring schematic or verify using the fader that you are using the L&R channels of front and rear, when I initially connected my rca cable to my sub, it didn't sound right, it sounded much better if I unplugged one of the rca's from the amp, turns out I had one rca connected to a front channel and the other to a rear channel, easy fix by swapping the rca. wish they labeled them front and rear, that aside, the harness is great quality!
Thanks for the heads up on the RCA's. I sent him an email to purchase the harness, just waiting on his response to send payment thru paypal.

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the heads up on the RCA's. I sent him an email to purchase the harness, just waiting on his response to send payment thru paypal.
And I have been waiting weeks, but that could be because I want the programmer and not just the harness. Without the programmer, the sound signal is manipulated by the Ford head unit and isn't pure which in turn, isn't ideal.

Brian Z.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
So I have two mini-subs being run off the rear speakers and the sound is not great in my premium (non-shaker) system. Would this harness allow me to tap into the front speakers for the subs and produce better sound? Sorry, I'm a newb on this stereo stuff.

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
So I have two mini-subs being run off the rear speakers and the sound is not great in my premium (non-shaker) system. Would this harness allow me to tap into the front speakers for the subs and produce better sound? Sorry, I'm a newb on this stereo stuff.
Probably. You are better off using RCAs rather than speaker level inputs, which this harness will do for you and the base Ford programming in the head unit seems to have more dynamic range in the front outputs. You can also get a programmer from the same guy which might make more of an impact.

The programming turns off the processing from the factory. Ford has time alignment settings and frequency roll off they implement to preserve the factory equipment from any kind of damage or clipping so they don't have to constantly replace components.

When doing an aftermarket stereo you have to overcome the limitations the factory put in place and that is next to impossible as the processing changes with the volume. So any processing you try to do to correct the factory processing are null and void as soon as you are at a volume other than where you set the correction at.

However, if you are only adding the sub and leaving everything else stock, the programming probably isn't necessary.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.