Sponsored

2018 Mustang Information (Options/Packages, Colors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I can see the NY reveal now......a DHG '18MY Mustang chasing a black '18MY Navigator ;)
Don't get me daydreaming! :lol:

There is no reason why Expedition and Navigator need to be unveiled together. I'd almost guess they would specifically target different shows. When they did the new Fusion and MKZ together at the same show, the big take away was, "why would I buy the Lincoln, when I can buy the almost as nice, and possibly even better looking Fusion for less money". That said, I don't expect Ford to unveil ALL of that list at Detroit.
That makes sense. Yeah who knows. It would be a packed show if they did reveal all those. My biggest fear is they'll be all excited about the autonomous Fusion and "mobility" that they don't bother with a 2018 Mustang reveal. Last year was a big letdown. New Fusions, FordPass and a Q&A with Ryan Seacrest...
Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Does anyone know or has there been any discussion if there will be a refresh of the interior as well for the 2018? Maybe less use of hard cheap plastic and more upscale soft touch materials??

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
I asked the photographer that took the 2018 F-150 pictures if he's got any revealing 2018 Mustang shots. He said he's working on it and hoping to have something by Thursday.
Still hoping this is gonna happen tomorrow.

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Now that I am getting ready to start the process of lemon law buy back on my Chrysler 200 I'm very interested to see what the 18's bring to see if I want to wait and order one or score a hell of a deal on a 17.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I asked the photographer that took the 2018 F-150 pictures if he's got any revealing 2018 Mustang shots. He said he's working on it and hoping to have something by Thursday.
Still hoping this is gonna happen tomorrow.

TT is setting himself up for another day of disappointment :headbonk:

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
TT is setting himself up for another day of disappointment :headbonk:
Yeah, and I'm getting worried now...

Please oh please let it not be DI and let the facelift be attractive to my eye. Just in case, you know..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yep, it's gonna have DI & PI and look bloody gorgeous.

Sorry Nige :p

PS - You should never have sold the Grabber Orange S197 ;)

Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, it's gonna have DI & PI and look bloody gorgeous.

Sorry Nige :p

PS - You should never have sold the Grabber Orange S197 ;)
What ever happened to my old 197? I sold it to a guy in Basingstoke.

I had a mail from the dealer today telling me I should get info on a build date slot in the next 4 to 5 months. From reading here it looks like that could be the '18 MY??

I have also mailed Stacey asking if there is any way I can spec Recaros on my build.. I await a reply, but am not hopeful tbh.

Something tells me I screwed up on this one and may end up having to buy a '17MY off a forecourt?:doh:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
What ever happened to my old 197? I sold it to a guy in Basingstoke.

I had a mail from the dealer today telling me I should get info on a build date slot in the next 4 to 5 months. From reading here it looks like that could be the '18 MY??

I have also mailed Stacey asking if there is any way I can spec Recaros on my build.. I await a reply, but am not hopeful tbh.

Something tells me I screwed up on this one and may end up having to buy a '17MY off a forecourt?:doh:
I live pretty near Basingstoke and the only Grabber Orange S197s I've seen in the area are a convertible, and a heavily modified coupe that was built by Galpin Auto Sports to look like Parnelli Jones' Trans Am winning '70 model.

As for your order.......you are going to be right on the edge of the '17 cutoff, and I think it's too close to call. You won't get Recaros......they're not available on RHD cars (I can only assume it's seat airbag related, but we've never gotten to the bottom of it). I think your best bet is to get Stacey to search for car that meets your spec and get a '17 that way. Win-win for you as you'll get a non-DI car, and you'll get it a darn sight sooner! :)

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
As for your order.......you are going to be right on the edge of the '17 cutoff, and I think it's too close to call. You won't get Recaros......they're not available on RHD cars (I can only assume it's seat airbag related, but we've never gotten to the bottom of it). I think your best bet is to get Stacey to search for car that meets your spec and get a '17 that way. Win-win for you as you'll get a non-DI car, and you'll get it a darn sight sooner! :)
I would agree with TT and say to play it safe, look for a 17 that would be closest to your needs.

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would agree with TT and say to play it safe, look for a 17 that would be closest to your needs.
Lets see what the '18 brings before jumping ship.. I mean, there could be loads of "stuff" that will convince me DI is OK after all?? (Did I really say that)?? Even if it has got silly high compression and crappy CC design.:frusty::frusty:

On top of this, the dealer already did a search for a white car in the UK and there was nothing!!

Just a thought.. when will we find out specs for UK cars? It's OK looking at pics of '18 cars, but we may find that our body mouldings, light packages and interior trim are different?? like, for example bonnet vents, seats and no DRL on our '15 models.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I live pretty near Basingstoke
All you guys near Basingstoke...sorry for the hijack but I know that place, we used to have an office there. I frequent the UK a couple times a year, London mainly. Basingstoke was a little boring for me, I would stay in London and just drive to the office....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.