Sponsored

2018 Mustang Information (Options/Packages, Colors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I asked the photographer that took the 2018 F-150 pictures if he's got any revealing 2018 Mustang shots. He said he's working on it and hoping to have something by Thursday.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Can anyone confirm this? Why April/May? Don't all MY shifts happen in June?
A while ago there was some kind of report that the 2017 model year would be a little shorter for a slightly earlier rollout of the 2018s. Don't think it was officially confirmed though.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I asked the photographer that took the 2018 F-150 pictures if he's got any revealing 2018 Mustang shots. He said he's working on it and hoping to have something by Thursday.
201.gif

Bob99b5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang GT convertible

Sponsored

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I do know that plant shut down recently had a lot to do with 2018 changes.
Part of that is mandatory Christmas week shutdown that the whole company takes part in. That said, they probably brought in all the 18MY specific tooling for the TT build so they can start building cars amongst the 17MY.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
If someone could just confirm it will definitely be at Detroit on the 9th, I'd be good. I'd much rather see it in all it's show-car-quality glory.

Even if some of the camo slips, you just know it will still create more questions than answers :D

Sponsored

mrFastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet :)
That's been my prediction since last February. I think we're going to see MY18 order banks open in March with cars on the lot in May or June.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44965
I wonder what that will mean for the EU version... if the usual EU adaptation procedure will be ready to kick in as soon as the first MY18s are assembled, or if there will be some additional delay before the first MY18 EU cars will be shipped.

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
If someone could just confirm it will definitely be at Detroit on the 9th, I'd be good. I'd much rather see it in all it's show-car-quality glory.

Even if some of the camo slips, you just know it will still create more questions than answers :D
Other than the Autonomous Fusion, Ford isn't saying anything about its NAIAS plans. I suspect it's some combination of:

Autonomous Fusion
Facelifted Mustang
Facelifted F-150
Aluminum Expedition
North American Debut of the new Fiesta

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Other than the Autonomous Fusion, Ford isn't saying anything about its NAIAS plans. I suspect it's some combination of:

Autonomous Fusion
Facelifted Mustang
Facelifted F-150
Aluminum Expedition
North American Debut of the new Fiesta
Sounds about right. My only uncertainty is the Expedition, simply because Lincoln doesn't have a press conference scheduled for Detroit, which means most likely no new Navigator reveal. So I'm thinking Expedition and Navigator might not be ready yet and might be pushed to Chicago or New York now. Could be a good buffer in New York until they reveal a high performance Mustang a few minutes after. :p

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Wrong city, I know!

I can see the NY reveal now......a DHG '18MY Mustang chasing a black '18MY Navigator ;)

Bullitt2065

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Sounds about right. My only uncertainty is the Expedition, simply because Lincoln doesn't have a press conference scheduled for Detroit, which means most likely no new Navigator reveal. So I'm thinking Expedition and Navigator might not be ready yet and might be pushed to Chicago or New York now. Could be a good buffer in New York until they reveal a high performance Mustang a few minutes after. :p
There is no reason why Expedition and Navigator need to be unveiled together. I'd almost guess they would specifically target different shows. When they did the new Fusion and MKZ together at the same show, the big take away was, "why would I buy the Lincoln, when I can buy the almost as nice, and possibly even better looking Fusion for less money". That said, I don't expect Ford to unveil ALL of that list at Detroit.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.