Sponsored

Decide my fate: Ford Racing by Borla Touring vs Sport Catback Exhaust

Which catback exhaust system would you choose?

• Ford Racing by Borla Touring Catback

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Ford Racing by Borla Sport Catback

Votes: 45 33.8%
  • Other -- you can do better.

Votes: 40 30.1%

• Total voters

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I feel like the exotic sound is befitting of the S550 design far more than the super deep, rumbly, borderline truck-ish sounding systems. It's not classic muscle, it's a global sports coupe :cool:
And maybe that's kinda why it works. This is my 4th mustang and it just doesn't feel like one. Granted 2 were foxes and 1 a new edge, I got the chance to drive an s197 a couple days ago and even it felt tons different from this car. Definitely not a flowmaster dumps rough around the edges kinda vehicle
Sponsored

OP
OP
Aurum

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Three last questions (I swear).

1. How does the cabin noise level of the Corsa Sport vs Touring? I get the sense from the comments and reviews that the Corsa Sport isn't that much louder at idle and cruising speed.
2. Why is the Corsa Sport so much heavier than the FRPP options? Touring an Catback shaves off 30lbs while the Corsa only saves 7lbs.
3. Does the Corsa Sport hang lower than other CB systems? From pictures it looks like the system is thicker around the double x-pipe (which may answer question 2). Asking because I may lower the car eventually.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

1. How does the cabin noise level of the Corsa Sport vs Touring? I get the sense from the comments and reviews that the Corsa Sport isn't that much louder at idle and cruising speed.
2. Why is the Corsa Sport so much heavier than the FRPP options? Touring an Catback shaves off 30lbs while the Corsa only saves 7lbs.
3. Does the Corsa Sport hang lower than other CB systems? From pictures it looks like the system is thicker around the double x-pipe (which may answer question 2). Asking because I may lower the car eventually.
1. I haven't ridden inside a car with the FRPP Touring but I have ridden and driven a car with the Borla S-type, which is a little louder but of very similar design and construction. The Corsa is quieter by a decent degree (stock-like quiet until you actually give it a decent amount of throttle). That's not to say the Borla/FRPP by Borla is loud at cruise at all, but rather there is an audible exhaust sound all the time, but not drone.

2. Most of that comes from two things: 1) the mufflers are heavier because of the RSC technology, and that's totally worth it. 2) the Corsa is a 3" system vs. the 2.5" of the FRPP.

3. I'd say no. The mufflers sit at nearly the identical height to the stock mufflers, and the double X isn't the lowest spot in the middle of the car, so you don't have to worry about that.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
I think the Corsa Sport or Borla S-Type cat backs would be better choices vs the FRPP Sport.

Check out the X-pipe quality of the Corsa Sport or Borla S-Type catbacks vs the FRPP Sport catback. The FRPP X-pipe is two parts welded together (clam shell type design)...I've read of these seams failing on some 6g members.

FRPP Sport Catback:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-sport-catback-chrome-2015gt.html

Borla S-Type Catback:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/borla-stinger-catback-2015gt.html

Corsa Sport Catback:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/corsa-sport-3in-catback-fb-black-1516gt.html

The Corsa Sport or Borla S-Type cutback are only loud when you accelerate hard. They are both pretty quite when cruising (Corsa is quieter when cruising).

I personally think the Touring systems are too quiet and subdued....

The touring systems might be too quiet for you too??? One more option, is if the touring system is too quiet for you. You could always add a very nice quality J&M Xpipe for $149 (304 stainless)....this is a reason to by the 2.5" systems, as the FRPP Xpipe or J&M X-pipes are both 2.5" X-Pipes. 2.5" is big enough for a NA setup.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE

1. My corsa sport is quieter at idle than the FRPP even with headers attached
3. Mine does seem to hang a tad bit lower but i also changed to SP performance connect headers. I drug the piece welded onto the X pipe getting off the lift, but we don't have proper ramps for my lowered car and i didn't have the wood built up enough(redneck i know). But I'm lowered on BMR sp080 and have never drug anywhere else.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I think the Corsa Sport or Borla S-Type cat backs would be better choices vs the FRPP Sport.

Check out the X-pipe quality of the Corsa Sport or Borla S-Type catbacks vs the FRPP Sport catback. The FRPP X-pipe is two parts welded together (clam shell type design)...I've read of these seams failing on some 6g members.

FRPP Sport Catback:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-sport-catback-chrome-2015gt.html

Borla S-Type Catback:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/borla-stinger-catback-2015gt.html

Corsa Sport Catback:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/corsa-sport-3in-catback-fb-black-1516gt.html

The Corsa Sport or Borla S-Type cutback are only loud when you accelerate hard. They are both pretty quite when cruising (Corsa is quieter when cruising).

I personally think the Touring systems are too quiet and subdued....

The touring systems might be too quiet for you too??? One more option, is if the touring system is too quiet for you. You could always add a very nice quality J&M Xpipe for $149 (304 stainless)....this is a reason to by the 2.5" systems, as the FRPP Xpipe or J&M X-pipes are both 2.5" X-Pipes. 2.5" is big enough for a NA setup.
Remember this is an x pipe, not a resonator. The borla touring sounds just a hair over stock to me. The FRPP touring sounds nothing like that. Don't let the touring name fool ya. It also does what it seems everybody wants...quiet when you want it to be, loud when ya romp on it:thumbsup:

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
Just a warning if you ever get to wanting headers, the FRPP Touring that's perfect on a stock manifolds/cats car will get a bit loud.

[ame]
[ame]

I ended up adding the Borla Touring midpipe to mine to bring it down a bit.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Just a warning if you ever get to wanting headers, the FRPP Touring that's perfect on a stock manifolds/cats car will get a bit loud.

I ended up adding the Borla Touring midpipe to mine to bring it down a bit.
Question for [MENTION=11082]TheDivaDanielle[/MENTION] - When you added the Borla resonator, what did it do for the sound level compared to when you were running stock manifolds/cats and the FRPP Touring?

I'm running the FRPP Sport and when I do headers, I would like to find a resonator that will bring the sound level back down where it's only slightly louder than my current set up with stock manifolds/cats.

Thanks!

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
It's maybe a little louder than when it was stock manifolds, but the tone is the all too familiar tone of long tubes that indicate something raunchy is going on under the hood.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Thank you for the info! Much appreciated!

Sponsored

MK5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic
I have the Ford Racing Borla Sport catback and am very happy with it. Perfect balance imo. Casual cruising around it has a nice deep mello tone but if you stomp on the go peddle it is like an angry wild rabid coyote was let loose! Very aggressive sound at wot. :eyebulge:

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So [MENTION=16351]Aurum[/MENTION], did you decide?

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Remember this is an x pipe, not a resonator. The borla touring sounds just a hair over stock to me. The FRPP touring sounds nothing like that. Don't let the touring name fool ya. It also does what it seems everybody wants...quiet when you want it to be, loud when ya romp on it:thumbsup:
Yes. I suggested a Borla S-Type Catback or Corsa Sport Catback vs the FRPP Sport Catback. The FRPP Sport Catback's X-pipe isn't as nice as the Xpipe found on either the Borla or Corsa catback.

The FRPP Sport Catback's X-pipe is NOT the same X-pipe as the stand alone Resonator Delete Ford Performance X-pipe.

Either the Corsa or Borla S-Type Catback are nice and aggressive when accelerating....but also mellow with no drone when cruising.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
It's maybe a little louder than when it was stock manifolds, but the tone is the all too familiar tone of long tubes that indicate something raunchy is going on under the hood.
This is the setup I'll be ending up with:) currently running the FRPP touring but with the resonator....which is nice, but on the quiet side....I've got some new LTH to go on, but I'll be running free flowing cats....:)

Mine is Right hand drive, so different headers to the LHD crowd...:D

OP
OP
Aurum

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So [MENTION=16351]Aurum[/MENTION], did you decide?
I pulled a 180 and landed with Corsa Sport catback system. *sheepish grin*

Will post pics in the thread when it arrives and I get it installed.
Sponsored