Sponsored

Pain in the rear traction control

hotrod33647

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt PP
I was wondering if the traction control be can be overiden. I like driving the car with no nannies but notice that the car reverts back every time I turn the car off. Is there a way to over ride the default system. Thanks
Sponsored

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
I don't think you can really, but I think fuse #62 is for most, if not all, of the nannies. You may be able to pull it to turn them off permanently, may be something to look into if you really want to do it. Not sure what side effects it may have though.

EDIT: Looks like that is also anti lock brakes, makes sense as I believe a lot of the nannies use the brake control module? Anyhow, don't think I'd recommend it, but people do it for dyno pulls.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
AFAIK, you just have to shut it all off each time you start the car. It's not much of a pain to do so.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I was wondering if the traction control be can be overiden. I like driving the car with no nannies but notice that the car reverts back every time I turn the car off. Is there a way to over ride the default system. Thanks
Tapping whatever button is involved to shut off TC is not a burden once you make it part of your start-up sequence. I'd be ashamed of myself if I thought I needed to have it done for me, even though I wouldn't have asked for the TC itself in the first place

Mine goes something like . . . start engine . . . shut TC off / shut any other messages off . . . buckle up . . .

Giving your engine the extra couple of seconds of running it takes to shut TC off before you drive off is probably a good thing (and this little amount should not be considered as belonging within the 'should you warm your engine up or not' controversy).

Norm

16_DIB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hector
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
AFAIK, you just have to shut it all off each time you start the car. It's not much of a pain to do so.

This. Plus it's fun flipping the switches (on the premium package)...makes me feel like a fighter pilot haha.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
This. Plus it's fun flipping the switches (on the premium package)...makes me feel like a fighter pilot haha.
Ground Speed.

:lol::lol:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Giving your engine the extra couple of seconds of running it takes to shut TC off before you drive off is probably a good thing (and this little amount should not be considered as belonging within the 'should you warm your engine up or not' controversy).
Having an oil pressure and temp gauge that actually works has been an eye-opener. I'm surprised to see that the coolant temp gets into the normal working range long before the oil temperature and pressure does.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
If it stayed off, some idiot would sue Ford when they flew off the road backwards because it wasn't on!

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
Problem is, what kind of flip life does that switch have in it? You figure, three flips of the mode switch each time you start the car (if going to track mode). That's at least two times a day for 365 days a year... that's 2190 flips each year. That switch will wear out and pretty quickly, most likely.

I would love to have the car remember the last setting, but alas, that is definitely a ford legal issue and they'll never allow that (without a hack of some sort).

The VW boys use a diode on their traction control switch so it's basically reversed when you start the car. Unfortunately, that wouldn't work for us, since it's not a simple two way switch. Maybe it would work for our traction control? That would be an interesting thing to test out...

Any electrical engineers in here? :D

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Put it in track mode.
Honestly, unless you driving like an idiot on the road most of the time the system doesn't interfere too much.
You must be one of these "I don't wear seat belt because in a crash I wanna be able to get out" people.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Regulations dictate that TC must default to ON.

If you really hate it, you'll have to toggle it off every time you start the car.

But why? Why do you hate having it on? How are you driving on the street that it's interfering on a daily basis?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You must be one of these "I don't wear seat belt because in a crash I wanna be able to get out" people.
what-did-you-say-gif.gif

The OP is a moron because he wants his AdvanceTrac all the way gone when driving?

C'mon man.....

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Regulations dictate that TC must default to ON.

If you really hate it, you'll have to toggle it off every time you start the car.

But why? Why do you hate having it on? How are you driving on the street that it's interfering on a daily basis?
Just going on personal observation. I went through 3 sets of rear brakes in 40k miles on my 2012 GT BPP car because of that stupid system. Yes, I do drive aggressively, take turns (in my mind) like Kimi Raikkonen, brake late, and generally hoon it when safe.

Shutting all that stupid crap off not only lets the car handle naturally, it saves your brakes.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I turn off AdvanceTrac every single time I get into my car.. If she spins the tires, let em' spin freely I say, makes things more interesting... Especially in the rain. :D
Sponsored