Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Ordered my JLT 3 Catch Can.

And today I really discovered just how bad these Pirelli PZero's are in the wet. I was just trying to test where the lack of adhesion was at low speeds and from a standing start. I could feel them get loose and squirrely real fast. Probably the worst (supposed high quality) tyres I've ever driven in the wet. In fact I've found them to be very average from day one in all conditions. My coilovers and lowering 30mm helped in the handling department to a very large and noticeable degree, but the car is, in my opinion let down by this rubber.

I'm going to switch to Michelin Pilot sport cup 2 as soon as the PZeros show enough wear to justify chucking them in the bin. Just hope they make them in the right size for our wheels.
Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Ordered my JLT 3 Catch Can.

And today I really discovered just how bad these Pirelli PZero's are in the wet. I was just trying to test where the lack of adhesion was at low speeds and from a standing start. I could feel them get loose and squirrely real fast. Probably the worst (supposed high quality) tyres I've ever driven in the wet. In fact I've found them to be very average from day one in all conditions. My coilovers and lowering 30mm helped in the handling department to a very large and noticeable degree, but the car is, in my opinion let down by this rubber.

I'm going to switch to Michelin Pilot sport cup 2 as soon as the PZeros show enough wear to justify chucking them in the bin. Just hope they make them in the right size for our wheels.
I agree the Pirelli's are horrible tyres, although you will get worse wet weather performance from a Cup 2. They actually don't advise using cup 2s if it is raining! One of my considerations when i was looking at buying them

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree the Pirelli's are horrible tyres, although you will get worse wet weather performance from a Cup 2. They actually don't advise using cup 2s if it is raining! One of my considerations when i was looking at buying them
OH that's right, good point, then maybe just the Pilot Sports PS2 or anything but these!

I'm really shocked by just how average these PZeros are.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
OH that's right, good point, then maybe just the Pilot Sports PS2 or anything but these!

I'm really shocked by just how average these PZeros are.
I went with Pilot Sport 2, Pilot Sport 3 should be on shelves soon so that might be something to look in to!

Sponsored

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Photos of matte black badges installed, US lower grille and bling works LEDs. Click images for full size. :) happy with the results.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
Good stuff [MENTION=21208]davidhes[/MENTION]. I took delivery yesterday - same colour, and have the same mods on my list (or in the box) :).

Already installed the JLT Catch can, red push start button and replaced the cigar lighter with a nice lid.

Lower grille, black pony, black 5.0, black lug nuts and Borla S-Type with black tips is on for the weekend!

Once I'm done with the visual mods, will update with photos.

Still not 100% sold on the rear decklid because price and effort to install, but I really like it :)

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Good stuff [MENTION=21208]davidhes[/MENTION]. I took delivery yesterday - same colour, and have the same mods on my list (or in the box) :).

Already installed the JLT Catch can, red push start button and replaced the cigar lighter with a nice lid.

Lower grille, black pony, black 5.0, black lug nuts and Borla S-Type with black tips is on for the weekend!

Once I'm done with the visual mods, will update with photos.

Still not 100% sold on the rear decklid because price and effort to install, but I really like it :)
Sounds great mate! And good choice in colour ;)

Mate the rear deck lid is one of the easiest mods. Definitely do it. Looks so much better imo. Can't stand the faux gas cap. The lower grille is a bit of a pain lol. Definitely have a mate or 2 come round to help you with that one.

Sponsored

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Would love a video of what the exhaust sounds like when its installed and running.

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
I've got 4 more hands to help me out with the lower grille, and while the mask is off I'll be also doing the pony badge.

Will definitely put a video of the S-Type. There are never enough videos of it :)

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
They sound great and you cant argue with the tyre test results, but, and its a bit of a big but, they don't appear to come in our size. If they did I would for sure consider and I'm certain they are cheaper than the Michelins.
What size do we need on the front and the back for tyres?

OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Bluepower cai and SpaceCitySpy boot closing strap went on today. The strap is something that should have been fitted standard.

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
I have a Bluepower CAI for sale if anyone is keen?? in Perth...
Sponsored