Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
Who has done sound tube delete and got the plugs from Clark Rubber, can you tell me the size or link me up to the post.

Thanks
Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
How's your battery Drew?

Started mine today for the first time in 3 weeks, (been away), with no problems.

This is the 3rd time since I took delivery on the 24th May, that it hasn't been driven for about 3 weeks due to being away, and it's always started with no problems.

Are you sure your Dash Cam isn't draining the battery?

Did your car electrically unlock or did you have to use the key in the door?

Graeme
Haven't had an issue since, Graeme, but I'm not confident that it won't raise it's ugly head again.

The dash cam is the only messing I have done with the electrical system - so I guess it must be the prime suspect. I've since upped the shut off parking mode limit to the maximum of 12.3v.....see what happens I guess.

It must be either that or a dodgy battery.

The car unlocked fine, just wouldn't start.

:shrug:

IngotGT2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 INGOT SILVER GT
Who has done sound tube delete and got the plugs from Clark Rubber, can you tell me the size or link me up to the post.

Thanks
Go have a look in the exhaust thread heaps of information about it there
I have done mine and it's worth doing.:cheers:

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
What size do we need on the front and the back for tyres?
255 x 40 front and 275 x 40 rear. I think we will find that there isn't a lot of tyres off the shelf ready for us.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By any chance were you in wet mode? A few members including me consider the wet mode to do more harm than good. Spun 180 on a main road on wet mode, never had that problem in "Normal"
Hi no, I was in sport mode, I'm always in sport mode and you cant even access "wet" mode when in sport. I have tried Wet mode just for the heck of it and thought it was awful, if not a bit weird.

Sponsored

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is that what really happened, what were your findings?
I found you cant really accelerate quickly off the mark in the wet. I had an HSV of some sort next to me at the lights and he took off real quick and I knew I wouldn't have had the traction to stay with him so I didn't even bother.
I was then on some tight and twisty downhill sections and I could feel the back (in fact perhaps the whole car) just moving about a bit, only a couple of inches but it was clear it was moving off the line, I had to be super smooth so I didn't upset it at all. Maybe some drivers aren't really tuned into this that much or maybe they have come from a Falcon or commodore, which may demonstrate the same characteristics, but I've never owned one, or a car this big and heavy. It just may go with the territory so I'm learning its characteristics. But it was without doubt the least amount of adhesion I have felt from a car in living memory. Quite concerning actually. I think in the wet I'll have to drive in "Drive mode" as I'm usually always in sport mode.

Its great in the dry, really great, but the wet it will have to be very tame driving lest I get caught out unawares and it ends in tears.

Bolted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Race Red
UPR Catch can & Black Trunk/Boot Strap Installed

Installed the remote mounted UPR Catch can, first time I have installed a catch can. Lot of soft plastic that gets scratched easily, so took it really slow. 1.5 hours to install, should have taken 30 minutes. Detailed the install in the oil catch can thread.

Also, installed the boot strap, took about 5 minutes.
DSC02758.JPG
DSC02766.jpg
DSC02769.JPG
DSC02770.JPG

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
255 x 40 front and 275 x 40 rear. I think we will find that there isn't a lot of tyres off the shelf ready for us.
Yes I did look into this also and you're right.

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
I found you cant really accelerate quickly off the mark in the wet. I had an HSV of some sort next to me at the lights and he took off real quick and I knew I wouldn't have had the traction to stay with him so I didn't even bother.
I was then on some tight and twisty downhill sections and I could feel the back (in fact perhaps the whole car) just moving about a bit, only a couple of inches but it was clear it was moving off the line, I had to be super smooth so I didn't upset it at all. Maybe some drivers aren't really tuned into this that much or maybe they have come from a Falcon or commodore, which may demonstrate the same characteristics, but I've never owned one, or a car this big and heavy. It just may go with the territory so I'm learning its characteristics. But it was without doubt the least amount of adhesion I have felt from a car in living memory. Quite concerning actually. I think in the wet I'll have to drive in "Drive mode" as I'm usually always in sport mode.

Its great in the dry, really great, but the wet it will have to be very tame driving lest I get caught out unawares and it ends in tears.
i went from a WRX to a ute and that thing was so floaty on the ass end, however, after years of owning a SSZ ute with no traction control and no ASC. i find the mustang has quite good grip on the rear end. i guess it all comes down to how you drive it. and you get used to (well i did)

i also find it interesting reading that the mustang ECU is torque based and no VE maps or similar. that leads me to believe that in normal mode at 20% throttle the ecu might ask for eg: 20% max torque, where as in sport mode it might ask for 40%, where as in wet mode it might ask for 5% but ramp up more towards the top end, of the range where it would have grip.

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
Fitted lower grille and replaced the pony emblem with gloss black. That front bumper is an absolute pain in the butt... 2 hours later:

kGgpbLhuAXV-we4_gys0jzgMMQFvu8s_WmI6UeXuF22zsXdZoe8GMsqD6fR-7HoEaFDzno-1hmQOPL3CPQ=w1684-h947-no.jpg

Sponsored

marto.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty/Marto
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT
Not today, but yesterday.. got some new shoes.

I was trying to decide between quite a few rims, but then I was shown a new set that was about to go into production. This is the prototype, first and only set of its kind in the world, so I'll enjoy the uniqueness for a little while!

Thanks to the guys from Stylish Wheels at Slacks Creek, great work and always happy to help out. There will be a video on their facebook page within the week.

Envisio EFS2 - Satin Black
Front: 20x10 - Nitto Invo Tyres 255/35R20
Rear: 20x11 - Nitto Invo Tyres 295/35R20

I will look into shorter wheel nuts for the rears.
They also lowered it with Eibach Sportline springs.

Loving the new look, but the car will be getting another major change tomorrow!