Geotoxic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Aside from the fact that my keys never leave my pocket, if anyone (family or not) took my car (or anything of mine for that matter) without permission, they will regret it.

If they do not ask for your permission to use your things, they do not respect you, and deserve no respect in return (Unless there are prior arrangements / family norms).
Sponsored

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Seems like you and I have different family dynamics..
I take whatever car that is easiest to get out of the driveway, when there are family visiting and I need to go on an errand. Some days it's father in-law's truck.. sometimes it's a lexus.. sometimes it's a Infiniti. I never need to get their permission, as they never need my permission to take any of my cars.
You're talking about regular standard issue cars. Not someone's highly modded pride and joy. Just beating on a turbo car that is not properly warmed up can cause major issues. What they did is bullshit, plain and simple. Shows complete lack of respect for someone else's belongings. I have a brother who lets his kid climb all over his vehicles. Stands on the roofs, jumps from there to the deck lid and hood. His cars are late model and beat, scratched, and dented. My brother always says, "they're just cars, make new ones every day".By your logic that should be okay with my vehicles too. My brother and his kid know better.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Alright, let's hear the WHOLE story. What family member actually took your car. Big difference here. The wife? 16 yr old son? Grandma?

OP
OP
CommyO

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
OP checking in. I didn't want to post until I was calmer...

So some of you want the full story huh...

So i was working upstairs on my desktop and was called downstairs by an immediate family member. My car was parked in the driveway as it is sometimes and previously in the day I had went downstairs to greet guests who came from LA (hours away). It was a guy who was related to my grandmas brother so I guess you can say he was an Uncle and he came with a friend. I believe they were checking out the car and taking pictures, the usual stuff... when I was upstairs working. So back to getting called downstairs; I hear my name followed by 'your car' in a language other than English as we don't speak English among each other (my immediate family) and when I refer to the two guests as family, they were very distant and we definitely don't keep in touch. So I went out the garage and hear my car off in the distance being pushed fairly hard as I could hear my exhaust. Keep in mind it was raining earlier so it was wet and cold (about 50sF) and I have summer tires which slip even when I hit it sometimes so imagine the frustration I felt when someone who hasn't driven a sports car (guy owns an old lexus and probably a honda, no fucking clue) pushes my car in the rain with summer tires. I was beyond pissed. I was initially pissed at whoever let them get a hold of the keys first and expressed my frustration very clearly. When the two guys(uncle and some weird friend) came back I didn't really say much other than "you could have asked" in a irritated tone. Then they went inside and sat down and I began a thorough inspection of the car. I discovered a noise when I turn which sounds like something being slid across the glove box or something like a loose bolt but decide it could be anything as my car is full exhaust and I unplugged in the headliner so I decide I'll figure it out since the car wasn't used to being on the driveway for extended periods of time with the ebrake on. I don't know. So when they were leaving my brother snaps at them as we were outside checking out the car to make sure nothing was damaged and all looked ok, besides noise. We have a mutual exchanging of words to which profanity was used and elders were called out on their bullshit. They were told they're not welcome here anymore and the guy called my brother "fucking stupid" to which me and my bro were about ready to fight at this point but the guy shuts up and leaves with his friend and daughter, who puked on our bathroom rug.
PS the guy tried to say something about being an elder and demanding respect but my brother and I didn't give two fucks

TL;DR Read if you want to, you guys asked for it.... I dont give a shit

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Alright, let's hear the WHOLE story. What family member actually took your car. Big difference here. The wife? 16 yr old son? Grandma?
Well considering him and his brother confronted "them" and "they won't be coming over ever again".... I'm gonna say it's no one in his immediate family. So cousins, step, possibly in law....

Sponsored

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I feel for you. Doesn't matter the details. Someone took your car without permission.

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
On the lighter side, I almost called you on the rain part. I didn't know it rained in the Central Valley. Last I remembered it was dry desert from the Grapevine to Manteca.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Really really really wished you would have slapped the shit out of them, but I'm glad they got called out for being pieces of shit in front of the entire extended family. Mine is a DD with scuffs and dents all over. I even let my neighbors borrow it when theirs was in the shop, but if even a distant 'relative' pulled something so disrespectful then they're going to pay for it. You have so much more restraint than most of us.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
That sucks and I don't think I would have handle'd it as well :shrug:

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Wow, that's a bold move by any "family" member IMO. Especially if they are somewhat distantly related.

I think my wife is the only one who could take without asking and not cause me to get upset, although I'm 99% sure she would ask if the need arose.

Anyone else I'd expect them to ask permission and I'd probably want to ride along with them as a chaperone.

-T

Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Does your insurance cover 'anyone' who drives your car?

Of course I see the disrespect, but man.. he said family!
To me.. family is everything.. Mustang doesn't even compare.
My 18 year old nephew in-law loves taking my car out when he is in town. So does his older brother, the 20 year old.
Everybody is quick to re-act. I'm just reminding him, nothing was damaged or harmed. I guess some bridges were burnt... to me, a car is not worth that.
I bet your insurance premiums are sky-high to cover anyone who drives your car. My insurance company demands to know who will be driving my car beyond my spouse and I. No coverage if the driver is not on the accepted list. But then my premiums are about the lowest of anyone I know.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
My 18 year old nephew in-law loves taking my car out when he is in town. So does his older brother, the 20 year old.
Everybody is quick to re-act. I'm just reminding him, nothing was damaged or harmed. I guess some bridges were burnt... to me, a car is not worth that.
Even with the family factor and that is stretching the realm of "letting this slide". The manner in which the person drove the car is more worrisome. Agressive driving with summer tires in wet and potentially dangerous conditions is unacceptable. :tsk:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
That sucks and I don't think I would have handle'd it as well :shrug:
Would have kicked the SOB out, and threatened to call the Police,
No One even eats in my car.
Went to a 50h Birthday party, on Sunday loads of people wanted to have a look in the car, let a few kids sit in the drivers seat and have their picture taken
Had one bloke a right prick who I work with, asked me for the keys so he could have a few pictures taken. told him I would come out with him. Would not have surprised me if he had started her and revved her
it's all about Respect, and these people have NO respect for you or your property. not worth knowing people like that

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
If I find out that I'm related to you somehow, I guess this is permission to just come and grab your car to go have some fun whenever I feel like it. Even if you're at work. Why put miles on my car when I can just Uber over to your place and pick up your car for the day? :D

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
If I find out that I'm related to you somehow, I guess this is permission to just come and grab your car to go have some fun whenever I feel like it. Even if you're at work. Why put miles on my car when I can just Uber over to your place and pick up your car for the day? :D
LOL if you want, but I won't pay for your Uber. Mine is a DD and miles don't worry me. I understand that everyone is very proud and attached to their car. I guess, I'm in the minority group of "it's just a car" at the end of the day crowd. Don't get me wrong, I very much enjoy this car, but it's no different than my 13 year old VW. Just a car.. Like I said, nothing was broken, no body was hurt. Only thing that was damaged was the relationship, and that could have been avoided.
Sponsored