Sponsored

'17 GT350 vs '17 Camaro SS 1LE

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Because professional drivers, far better than any here or myself, have claimed and shown it to be so.
Magazine drivers are hardly professional drag racers. They are down right average at best. :lol: calling them pros is hilarious.

The gt350 runs its times in 1000+ da. When the camaro does that id like to know.
Sponsored

StrykerXM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Mustang GT and 12 SRT8 Challenger
Magazine drivers are hardly professional drag racers. They are down right average at best. :lol: calling them pros is hilarious.
Only a pro if it favors your bias?! Come on...

StrykerXM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You missed my edit. Youre putting words in my mouth also.
No...I have seen how you write and form your thoughts. If it doesn't fit into the narrative you want you dismiss it or move said goal posts.

I favor MT as I've met a few of them in person on different events and they are closest thing to real life pros.

The SS/GT350 are neck and neck already in all of MT's testing. Figure 8, 1/4 mile, track testing (however different days and drivers). A head to head is absolutely needed but they already admitted to wanting to wait for a 1LE to do so and they are.

To say the 1LE will perform sub par to already great SS numbers is a disservice to any enthusiast and just lying to yourself.

Again the GT350 is a great car, sounds bloody amazing, and handles well. Had one track with me at an event and couldn't shake him but on the straight aways.

StrykerXM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No...I have seen how you write and form your thoughts. If it doesn't fit into the narrative you want you dismiss it or move said goal posts.

I favor MT as I've met a few of them in person on different events and they are closest thing to real life pros.

The SS/GT350 are neck and neck already in all of MT's testing. Figure 8, 1/4 mile, track testing (however different days and drivers). A head to head is absolutely needed but they already admitted to wanting to wait for a 1LE to do so and they are.

To say the 1LE will perform sub par to already great SS numbers is a disservice to any enthusiast and just lying to yourself.

Again the GT350 is a great car, sounds bloody amazing, and handles well. Had one track with me at an event and couldn't shake him but on the straight aways.
A picture from that day

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Thats a picture of cars sitting in front of a diner. Not a race track. Which automobile in the photo were you driving to and from the diner?

StrykerXM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thats a picture of cars sitting in front of a diner. Not a race track. Which automobile in the photo were you driving to and from the diner?
Such hostility. Don't get that. Is this not an enthusiast site?

The built Challenger from Arrington. We also took turns swapping out in each others cars. The Viper was wicked but cramped on the inside. GT350 was the best exhaust note and had the best tire setup hands down. This was in Austin after the event. We took a drive through the hill country.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!

Yeah still putting words in my mouth. Thanks for that long post that has absolutely nothing to do with me for the most part, being i didnt say anything about the 1le being sub par.

So ill say it again, magazine drivers are average at best drag racers. So that would mean it applies to any car taken for a 1/4 time not just a gt350. Write.That.Down.

Last edited:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Because professional drivers, far better than any here or myself, have claimed and shown it to be so.
Mind showing everyone where you seen this?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
As great as the GT350 is...the 2016 SS already matches it. You really think the 1LE package will be worse than the SS?!
Do you mind explaining to me how the SS already matches the GT350 please. And if your talking 1/4 mile who cars. The gt350 is not a drag car. So many idiots on here keep brining that up. That's like saying the Z28 is a drag car.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Apparently no one is remembering MT and C&D numbers when the SS was reviewed and compared. Instead of arguing with emotion here try taking the rose colored glasses off and see what is actually in front of us.
Go troll somewhere else

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It's too bad that Chevy can't come up with a better name. 1LE? Really? Is their marketing department too busy working on pickup ads or something?

And their styling department seems to be on break as well. Borrow from the Toyota Corolla and scale down the rest of the car.

Making the car smaller seems good to me. I don't have kids and don't need back seats and I have more interest in performance than most people. However, the public doesn't seem to agree, if sales are any indication. Fans of the Camaro should probably buy soon. I sense another production hiatus coming up.

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
I figure in 3 years my 2016 GT350 will be worth about the same as a 2017-18 ZL1. I'm interested in one if they are going to be as good as they are hyped.

Oh shit this thread is about the 1LE. Whatever.

Oh yeah and [MENTION=25438]StrykerXM[/MENTION], how modded does a Challenger have to be to run on par with a GT350 in the corners? You're saying he only "kept up?" I'm only wondering because I know every challenger comes with a free anchor and outboard motor.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
I figure in 3 years my 2016 GT350 will be worth about the same as a 2017-18 ZL1. I'm interested in one if they are going to be as good as they are hyped.

Oh shit this thread is about the 1LE. Whatever.
Honestly in 3 to 4 years you may be able to trade it in for a s650 gt. Look what happened to boss302. If you have the R version and Ford stops the production by 2017 then you are golden. The S650 prices might also go up if they use expensive but light weight materials so who knows what happens in the future. One thing for sure though, next generation should always surpass the previous one.
Sponsored